Page 5117 of 5186 FirstFirst ... 4117461750175067510751135114511551165117511851195120512151275167 ... LastLast
Results 76,741 to 76,755 of 77781
    Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Star_Jammer View Post
    7/148 posts talk about wearing shoes inside the house.
    Still for that to even be a conversation.

How many sitcoms show folks with shoes on in the house??

Even the Nollywood films have folks with shoes or house shoes on.

Yet for some reason Wakandans doing it requires a questioning? I guess Cotes showing Wakanda as a third world country has worked.

It's not about being a mutant. It's about being a character tied to the X franchise. Lol. A few pages back someone post a scan with him saying WKs don't care that he is a mutant.
    If they don't care that he is a mutant. Why have an issue with him being biracial? Why have an issue with who his Daddy is/was?

Since she who will not be named while waiting for Logan to call her is not Wakandan. Especially since her franchise loves floods in Africa. Where is Toto or Weezer at? TO sing that song?

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    Clearly he can stay in Wakanda, because he chose to return.

And I think the point you are missing is that there is no hive mind in Wakanda. Some people are fine with outsiders, but that doesn't mean there aren't SOME xenophobic people too. Just lie in the Xmen books there are some people cool with mutants in the States, and some aren't.
    athe the general consensus in the states is that mutants are hated and feared. The general consensus in Wakanda are outsiders and mutants are accepted unless they show hostility towards Wakanda. The point your missing is that Wakandans accept Wakandans. You can't use xenophobia when gentle is a Wakandan, he grew up in Wakanda and xenophobia is a dislike of people from other countries. Which he is not from a different country. And outsiders like Ramonda who is not even Wakandan or Kasper who has anscestors that originate from Wakanda however his parents are not, was accepted. Ross was accepted and even made reagent for T'Challa. So again, this whole woe is me persecution is simply x office nonsense to shade throw on Wakanda

Quote Originally Posted by Ezyo1000 View Post
    athe the general consensus in the states is that mutants are hated and feared. The general consensus in Wakanda are outsiders and mutants are accepted unless they show hostility towards Wakanda. The point your missing is that Wakandans accept Wakandans. You can't use xenophobia when gentle is a Wakandan, he grew up in Wakanda and xenophobia is a dislike of people from other countries. Which he is not from a different country. And outsiders like Ramonda who is not even Wakandan or Kasper who has anscestors that originate from Wakanda however his parents are not, was accepted. Ross was accepted and even made reagent for T'Challa. So again, this whole woe is me persecution is simply x office nonsense to shade throw on Wakanda
    There are plenty of victims of xenophobia in the States who are actually born here. That's the problem with discrimination ... it doesn't have to make sense for it to still happen.

I think it is fair to argue most Wakandans would be perfectly fine with Gentle. But again we are talking about an entire nation. We can't necessarily assume 100% of the population necessarily feels exactly the same about this or almost anything else for that matter.

There are plenty of victims of xenophobia in the States who are actually born here. That's the problem with discrimination ... it doesn't have to make sense for it to still happen.

I think it is fair to argue most Wakandans would be perfectly fine with Gentle. But again we are talking about an entire nation. We can't necessarily assume 100% of the population necessarily feels exactly the same about this or almost anything else for that matter.
    If this were the case, wouldn't his mother say not everyone is like that to make him feel better? Or they're just childern don't listen to then. Instead we are left with the impression that Gentle is the most hated man in WK. Even his mother hates him. Lol. Doesn't get much worse. Lol.

He is like Hiei, Naruto, or Gaara. But because its Marvel, he probably won't get the chance to be excepted.

Quote Originally Posted by Cville View Post
    If this were the case, wouldn't his mother say not everyone is like that to make him feel better? Or they're just childern don't listen to then. Instead we are left with the impression that Gentle is the most hated man in WK. Even his mother hates him. Lol. Doesn't get much worse. Lol.

He is like Hiei, Naruto, or Gaara. But because its Marvel, he probably won't get the chance to be excepted.
    Did it look to you like the mother was trying to make him feel better? The fact that this horrible woman hated her own son tells you all you need to know about her.

Did it look to you like the mother was trying to make him feel better? The fact that this horrible woman hated her own son tells you all you need to know about her.
    That is the point. He is so hated, his own mother hates him. As far as we know Tchalla and the priest who was killed in Worlds Apart are the only ones who dont.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Let's be honest, X office REALLY wanted to say that Wakanda hates White people but didn't have the balls to go through with it (thankfully) so they just tried to dance around it as much as they could.

So they made Gentle a mutant Halfy... and then said he isn't hated because he's a mutant, and its obvious his Wakandan side isn't hated..... but keep pointing to his russian white dad and saying Wakanda doesnt like "outsiders."

Come on... this is the X-office pandering to there core base. The ones that love the minority metaphor but not actual minorities lol

Wakanda hates outsiders and white people so much they have an exchange program where they took in a white, outsider, disabled dude and another wakandan student with royal lineage broke into a facility to try and help him out.

Man, I don't know how Bruno deals with the discrimination. Sounds daunting.

I totally agree with this post. I get heavy “Wakanda hates white people” vibes from Nehzno’s whole makeup.

Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
    Let's be honest, X office REALLY wanted to say that Wakanda hates White people but didn't have the balls to go through with it (thankfully) so they just tried to dance around it as much as they could.

So they made Gentle a mutant Halfy... and then said he isn't hated because he's a mutant, and its obvious his Wakandan side isn't hated..... but keep pointing to his russian white dad and saying Wakanda doesnt like "outsiders."

Come on... this is the X-office pandering to there core base. The ones that love the minority metaphor but not actual minorities lol

Wakanda hates outsiders and white people so much they have an exchange program where they took in a white, outsider, disabled dude and another wakandan student with royal lineage broke into a facility to try and help him out.

Man, I don't know how Bruno deals with the discrimination. Sounds daunting.

Pretty much. Any non mutant MU is going to get thrown under the bus to continue to promote the "everyone hates us because we're mutants" storyline that the X-Office thrives on.

They don't care how they get that narrative across or if it makes sense anymore because they know some fans will eat that isht up like cereal.

A country whose king married an outsider, who adopted an outsider, whose son dated an outsider, married an outsider, invites his outsider friends to the crib all the time and has business and political ties around the world hates one mutant kid more than anything in the world. Even his mom hates him but she didn't seem to mind having unprotected sex with an outsider in the first place.

Had to be written by an X-writer. Gotta keep that narrative going.

It basically what other's have said already, x office wanted to say Wakanda hates white people, but didn't have the balls to actually do it so they go about it in a roundabout way with gentle.

Your argument still relies on some vague "not everyone would like him" and I never said everyone would, I said the general consensus in Wakanda would be they are accepting of him because he is Wakandan.

It basically what other's have said already, x office wanted to say Wakanda hates white people, but didn't have the balls to actually do it so they go about it in a roundabout way with gentle.

Your argument still relies on some vague "not everyone would like him" and I never said everyone would, I said the general consensus in Wakanda would be they are accepting of him because he is Wakandan.
    You said no one in Wakanda would hate Gentle ... I'm merely suggesting it's entirely possible some might. Not that it's rationale ... but discrimination isn't always rationale.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Pretty much. Any non mutant MU is going to get thrown under the bus to continue to promote the "everyone hates us because we're mutants" storyline that the X-Office thrives on.
    If everybody hated Mutants would everybody band together to get rid of them? Including the guy whose kingdom became Katrina thanks to some mutants??

Wouldn't Wakandan science come up with something DEADLIER than the Inhumans cloud?

In Secret Wars wouldn't Panther have used his powers to GET RID OF THEM X-Gene in the first place??? SO Tag & Synch would be alive today?

And to be so hated wouldn't they get attacked every time they left X-Men locations? I mean how does Chamber & Angelo with Jublie, Monet & Paige pop up in gateway in front of RACISTS-run by them and nothing happens. Yet Synch shows up-he gets a CAN opened on him.

They were not scared of him being a mutant or why he popped out of a portal-all they saw was a BLACK MALE. And yes this story did happen in Generation X during Larry Hamma's run. Issues 35-42 range.

So I guess what happens in Sam Wilson Captain America & Falcon didn't have racial undertones? Nor did Nighthawk. Nor Miles's fear of being shot in Civil War 2?
    We shouldn't even have a Patriot-because he had no reason to be mad about Rage's conviction.

Because everybody hates Mutants ONLY.

You said no one in Wakanda would hate Gentle ... I'm merely suggesting it's entirely possible some might. Not that it's rationale ... but discrimination isn't always rationale.
    Pretty much all Wakandans got painted by the same brush by the X-office. They didn't make the distinction.

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    If everybody hated Mutants would everybody band together to get rid of them? Including the guy whose kingdom became Katrina thanks to some mutants??

Wouldn't Wakandan science come up with something DEADLIER than the Inhumans cloud?

In Secret Wars wouldn't Panther have used his powers to GET RID OF THEM X-Gene in the first place??? SO Tag & Synch would be alive today?

And to be so hated wouldn't they get attacked every time they left X-Men locations? I mean how does Chamber & Angelo with Jublie, Monet & Paige pop up in gateway in front of RACISTS-run by them and nothing happens. Yet Synch shows up-he gets a CAN opened on him.

They were not scared of him being a mutant or why he popped out of a portal-all they saw was a BLACK MALE. And yes this story did happen in Generation X during Larry Hamma's run. Issues 35-42 range.

So I guess what happens in Sam Wilson Captain America & Falcon didn't have racial undertones? Nor did Nighthawk. Nor Miles's fear of being shot in Civil War 2?
    We shouldn't even have a Patriot-because he had no reason to be mad about Rage's conviction.

Because everybody hates Mutants ONLY.
    Black male mutants have it real bad.

If they aren't dead, their character is ruined or they're in limbo.

In going off of what was said on panel not by my opinion. And again what's been shown on panel is Wakandans don't hate outsiders unless they have a reason to, which is usually because they are attacking Wakanda

In going off of what was said on panel not by my opinion. And again what's been shown on panel is Wakandans don't hate outsiders unless they have a reason to, which is usually because they are attacking Wakanda
    Has it ever been said on panel that no Wakandans hate outsiders? If so then yeah ... Gentle retcons that.