Page 72 of 74 FirstFirst ... 226268697071727374 LastLast
Results 1,066 to 1,080 of 1098

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

Quote Originally Posted by Gaastra View Post
    This sept is the 50th birthday of marvels first trade paperback. Is there one trade paperback or graphic novel or comic story you would love marvel to reprint in sept for the birthday?
    I don't know what they've got in print at present and what they don't, but if it's the 50th anniversary they'd be celebrating, why not the first one, the one that'd be 50 years old?

kdb
    Last edited by Kurt Busiek; 03-06-2024 at 01:43 AM.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    Beats me.

With no disrespect meant whatsoever, this is a little like asking a plumber to fix your toilet for the fun of it. I've got plenty of creative work to do as it is, and if I work out new stuff it'd be for something that interests me personally -- and, again no offense, coming up with a new set of powers for the Super-Adaptoid isn't something I'd do unless I was planning to use him in a story.

And on top of that I've got Covid right now and am on Paxlovid, so I'm kinda exhausted and stupid anyway...

kdb
    Oh wow, I'm sorry to hear that Mr. Busiek. I hope that you have a full and speedy recovery.

If you don't mind me asking, what are you reading right now and/or are you listening to podcasts?

Beats me.

And on top of that I've got Covid right now and am on Paxlovid, so I'm kinda exhausted and stupid anyway...

kdb
    Get better soon! I'm sure I speak for everyone when I say how much we appreciate the opportunity to interact with you.

If your head isn't too foggy, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on what is being done currently with Hank Pym now that Avengers, Inc. has concluded.

kdb
    Sorry to hear that. Hope you get well soon.

I've recently been thinking a lot about the Power Company. Did you get to do everything you wanted to do with them? What road didn't you take, if any? If the oportunity arose, would you do a Power Company sequel for DC? If so, Power Company was always very deeply rooted in continuity. Do you think you'd be able to make sense of all the continuity changes that DC has been through in recent years, or would you go for a different approach?

Best wishes.

Peace

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Beats me.

With no disrespect meant whatsoever, this is a little like asking a plumber to fix your toilet for the fun of it. I've got plenty of creative work to do as it is, and if I work out new stuff it'd be for something that interests me personally -- and, again no offense, coming up with a new set of powers for the Super-Adaptoid isn't something I'd do unless I was planning to use him in a story.

kdb
    Understandable. Feel better soon.

Fantastic Member

Get well soon Mr. Busiek!

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If you don't mind me asking, what are you reading right now and/or are you listening to podcasts?
    I've never really been able to do podcasts. But I'm currently reading THE BOOK OF LOVE by Kelly Link, which has been getting great response. Her short stories are amazing, so I'm glad to finally have a novel from her.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Commissioner Wayne View Post
    If your head isn't too foggy, I'm curious to hear your thoughts on what is being done currently with Hank Pym now that Avengers, Inc. has concluded.
    I haven't kept up regularly with Avengers titles since I left the book -- after being the puppeteer for a long time it's hard to step back into the audience.

Haven't read the end of AVENGERS INC yet either, though I liked what I read a lot -- and have no idea what Hank's done since.

kdb

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    I've recently been thinking a lot about the Power Company. Did you get to do everything you wanted to do with them?
    Not even close.

What road didn't you take, if any?
    Lots of them, but I'll keep them to myself -- I might get to use that stuff someday.

If the oportunity arose, would you do a Power Company sequel for DC?
    I'd be tempted to do the story we were hinting at about WITCHFIRE, though that could be done as a solo story, without the rest of the Company.

If so, Power Company was always very deeply rooted in continuity. Do you think you'd be able to make sense of all the continuity changes that DC has been through in recent years, or would you go for a different approach?
    Beats me. I don't have a plan, so if I was doing it I'd have to make a plan, which would doubtless require some research.

kdb

Fantastic Member

This is more of a DC question, but did you have any plans for Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis before it switched direction/writers?

Not even close.

Lots of them, but I'll keep them to myself -- I might get to use that stuff someday.

I'd be tempted to do the story we were hinting at about WITCHFIRE, though that could be done as a solo story, without the rest of the Company.

Beats me. I don't have a plan, so if I was doing it I'd have to make a plan, which would doubtless require some research.

kdb
    Thanks. Here's hoping we do get some more Power Company stuff from you.

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    This is more of a DC question, but did you have any plans for Aquaman: Sword of Atlantis before it switched direction/writers?
    Many years' worth.

I may have to do them somewhere else in another form.

kdb

Fantastic Member

Good luck with it! I personally saw Sword of Atlantis as very much like a video game, particularly an RPG.

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Thanks. Here's hoping we do get some more Power Company stuff from you.

Peace
    I'd love more Power Company comics. In the meantime I wish I could buy them digitally at the very least so I could re-read them.

Many years' worth.

I may have to do them somewhere else in another form.

kdb
    Have you ever thought about doing an Aquaman story that looks into the way Atlantis interacts with the other Atlantean kingdoms, most notably Venturia and Queen Clea, but... there's several others as well.