Page 22 of 74 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272 ... LastLast

Thread: Ask Kurt Busiek

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    Mr. Busiek, if you had to pick one of your Avengers arcs (art by George Perez) to adapt for an animated feature, which would it be? I'm partial to the Morgan Le Fay "Queen's Vengeance" arc. :-) Plenty of action and it's a way to see the team in the medieval outfits and code names.
    Probably "Ultron Unlimited," I'd think.
    Visit www.busiek.com—for all your Busiek needs!

Quote Originally Posted by Montressor View Post
    Mr. Busiek, could you please tell me just what was going on with the Legion of the Unliving back in their original appearance (the Zemo, Original Human Torch, Frankenstein Monster, Midnight, Wonder Man and Flying Dutchman-Guy team)? Were they the actual characters or doppelgangers?
    Beats me. It may have been addressed, but if so it's not coming to mind right now.

I would assume they were indeed pulled from time "a moment before their deaths" as the story said, but since many of them have returned since, not all those moments turned out to be followed by actual deaths.

And I'd figure any of them that don't remember the events don't remember because the process of pulling them out of time and returning them left them not remembering. To them, it passed in an instant or felt like a dream or something.

But that's just speculation. No idea if it's been addressed in-story.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Mr Busiek, did you get to see the Thor and JLA movies that came out a few months ago? Does it seem a bit surreal to see characters that you written books on appear on the big screen?

Thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Ken Ashcroft View Post
    Mr Busiek, did you get to see the Thor and JLA movies that came out a few months ago?
    I did. Liked THOR more than LEAGUE, but I enjoyed watching both.

Does it seem a bit surreal to see characters that you written books on appear on the big screen?
    Not really. What feels surreal is when stuff I actually made up turns up on screen, like Stark Tower, or that bit where Tony gets tossed off the building and the armor pod armors up around him in mid-air.

Hey Mr. Busiek and I hope you are doing well.

Everyone always references that awesome moment in Ulton Unlimited when you gave Thor that great quote, "Ultron! We would have words with thee!" It's one of those emotional, heck yeah!, goose bump moments that becomes a memorable and iconic scene.

Do you get that kind of goose bump feeling as you're writing those type of scenes?

Do you get a sense of the kind of reaction and emotion these scenes will generate?

And if I haven't said it enough, thank you for taking the time to answer these questions and for the great work that you do.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Do you get that kind of goose bump feeling as you're writing those type of scenes?
    I can get caught up in the emotion of it, sure. Easier to write it if I can feel it.

Do you get a sense of the kind of reaction and emotion these scenes will generate?
    I just hope the readers feel it, but I don't know ahead of time which bits will land best and which won't.

And if I haven't said it enough, thank you for taking the time to answer these questions and for the great work that you do.
    My pleasure. Thanks for supporting it!

Looks like Astro City is heading for a live action TV series!!!!! Awesome news!

Congratulations to Mr. Kurt Busiek!!!!!!!

Now Mr. Busiek, spill the beans!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    I'd like very much for mr Busiek's creator owned work on the big/small screen, happening.
    It's happening!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jackolover View Post
    Is there a difference in the way the artist draws a story knowing it is being captioned, versus, (like Marvel once published non-captioned issues) non-captioned books? I could not make head nor tail of art I saw for captioned issues (with no captions yet), but, the deliberately non-captioned issues I could follow about 50% of those stories. It's like trying to follow Black Bolt because he can't talk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kurt Busiek View Post
    I think maybe you'd need to ask an artist that.

Could be that you're seeing the difference between a story drawn from a plot and one drawn from a full script? I don't really know -- I can think of stories with captions that are absolutely clear visually, and others that aren't, so I'm not sure whether the two have a direct relationship.

kdb
    That would make sense to me.

BANNED

Default Kurt Busiek on Mark Millar “Crapping” All Over His Avengers Run

That's disappointing. I had seen Mark Millar on a panel this past weekend at C2E2 as well.

Busiek's Avengers is what got me into the Avengers in the first place. The book hadn't interested in my 10 years of reading before Busiek's run, but issue #1 started off with such a bang that it hooked me for the rest of his run, as well as Avengers Forever.

Back then in the 90s, I was a huge fan of team books, including the core X-books and Morrison's JLA. Busiek's Avengers was a great book to have alongside them.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Now Mr. Busiek, spill the beans!!!!!
    My beans are staying right where they are, thank you very much!

kdb

Hi Mr. Busiek,

Nice to see this thread going again. Anyway, was wondering if you knew if JLA/Avengers is still considered canon to both companies. And if Pietro was able to tap into the speed force, how do you think he would fare against either Flash in the DCU?
    Good Marvel characters- Bring Them Back!!!

Quote Originally Posted by KurtW95 View Post
    Anyway, was wondering if you knew if JLA/Avengers is still considered canon to both companies.
    I have no idea. I certainly consider it to be, but until and unless someone makes reference to it, we don't know.

And if Pietro was able to tap into the speed force, how do you think he would fare against either Flash in the DCU?
    However the writers like -- we rig the fights!

Extraordinary Member

Millar is delusional. Busiek's Avengers is superior to his ultimates.