Page 11 of 78 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314152161 ... LastLast
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    He did look like Wesley at the end of the last issue and that " Say my name" was totally something I could see movie Blade saying.
    but that's more based on the traditional blade. the trash-talking is characteristic of classic blade.

as for the looks...they looked as different as blade and luke cage look.

vs.

the hair is different, the facial hair is different, the nose, especially, is much different. they really don't share any characteristics except fangs and skin color. ewing's blade is special because it's based firmly on the traditional character and does not try to incorporate the movie character's persona and greg land's blade depiction is based on the one used in deadpool's the gauntlet. i would suggest people read previous blade stories if they believe a well-written blade needs to be based on the movie.

BANNED

You do know people who have been commenting on Blade have enjoyed him in both mediums right? Now just because you are having beef with the movie version don't get made at us because you refuse to see and like the obvious movie nods that have been going with the previous comic tales

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    You do know people who have been commenting on Blade have enjoyed him in both mediums right? Now just because you are having beef with the movie version don't get made at us because you refuse to see and like the obvious movie nods that have been going with the previous comic tales
    I enjoyed him in both too. There have been no movie nods though. They don't have anything in common. You can keep calling them "obvious movie nods" but that doesn't change the fact that they're non-existent. Blade has been flipping and kneeling since his creation. He's been trash-talking since his creation.

People are missing out on the excellent and traditional take on Blade that Ewing is providing because they want to force in these non-existent movie references. Blade as a character isn't tied down to his movie counter-part.

As I asked before, try to describe these "obvious movie nods" and you'll see they fall apart upon closer scrutiny.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    blade never said "say my name" in the movie, and their facial characteristics are also completely different. how are the fighting moves any different than the ones he has done in the past? even before the movies? they aren't. the only blade that was explicitly based on the movies was Reginald Hudlin's.
    No one said that Ewing and Land's Blade is explicitly based on the movie. And no one is missing out on Ewing's excellent work because we're reading the book. Nobody is forcing anything on anyone. You don't see the homage to Snipe's Blade that's fine. People have already made their references to the movie and you disagree, no problem. No one is going to convince you of anything that you don't want to see so maybe we should just move along.

Astonishing Member

Figured you folks might appreciate this new commission I received the other day by MC Wyman,who among much work also drew Adam's Age of Heroes and Fear Itself: The Homefront appearances. Plus my mock solicit. Enjoy.

Galactus etc MC Wyman.jpg

BLUE MARVEL: THE HIDDEN YEARS #1
    AL Ewing (W) • MC Wyman (A/C)

• Delving into the unknown secret history of one of the newest and mightiest Mighty Avengers!

• With his recent heart break still weighing him down Adam sets his eyes on stopping the greatest threat Earth ever knew, but he wasn’t present to deal with, Galactus!

• With the Silver Surfer gone however, Adam has to deal with a new Herald: Enter…FIRELORD.

•But if Adam can stop him…does he even have any hope of stopping Galactus from devouring an extraterrestrial world?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Quote Originally Posted by PyroTwilight View Post
    Figured you folks might appreciate this new commission I received the other day by MC Wyman,who among much work also drew Adam's Age of Heroes and Fear Itself: The Homefront appearances. Plus my mock solicit. Enjoy.

• Delving into the unknown secret history of one of the newest and mightiest Mighty Avengers!

• With his recent heart break still weighing him down Adam sets his eyes on stopping the greatest threat Earth ever knew, but he wasn’t present to deal with, Galactus!

• With the Silver Surfer gone however, Adam has to deal with a new Herald: Enter…FIRELORD.

•But if Adam can stop him…does he even have any hope of stopping Galactus from devouring an extraterrestrial world?

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    Totally awesome. I'd buy it in a heart beat.

the trenchcoat and the snipes look are clearly nods/homage to the Blade movies.
    The J-man

BANNED

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    That is down right awesome!

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99
    That looks sweet!

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jabare View Post
    the trenchcoat and the snipes look are clearly nods/homage to the Blade movies.
    What snipes look? Their head hair, facial hair, nose, and eyes re different. Blade wire trench coats before the movies. The movies popularized them, but theyve been a part of his wardrobe for so long how could it be an homage? It's the most generic blade look. Is the current captain america paying homage to the movies? There's a difference between paying something intentional respect and using the most popular version available.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Excuses me let me change my verbiage.....

One character has had a couple failed solos and the other had a failed six issue mini. Two characters that were barely being asked for verses characters that many fans have been asking for consistently for several years in comparison.
    Just remember if EDITORS have an issue with a character or don't want a character a around-you will not see that character.

Go ask Cassandra Cain West, Static & Teen Titans fans show they feel about DC's editorial staff right now.

And it's amazing everybody was TOLD way ahead that the next few issue were going to be about Blade & BM as part of the Original Sin crossover-yet we got folks complaining. Remember you are all free to skip an issue of this series. The series will not die if you skip 2 issues and order the rest.

As for the Blade homage-considering his movies are suddenly rerunning all over the place for some reason-of course you will see something reference that.

It's no difference than Hawkeye's slight costume designs to reference the film.

The new Electro? Isn't his new look appearing in comics soon?

You won't see it with Captain America because everyone on the planet knows what he looks like.

Spider-Man with all the different version of him in media-you can forget any homage. Every version from Peter, Miles, Miguel & Ock has been put in toy form.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Just remember if EDITORS have an issue with a character or don't want a character a around-you will not see that character.

Go ask Cassandra Cain West, Static & Teen Titans fans show they feel about DC's editorial staff right now.

And it's amazing everybody was TOLD way ahead that the next few issue were going to be about Blade & BM as part of the Original Sin crossover-yet we got folks complaining. Remember you are all free to skip an issue of this series. The series will not die if you skip 2 issues and order the rest.

As for the Blade homage-considering his movies are suddenly rerunning all over the place for some reason-of course you will see something reference that.

It's no difference than Hawkeye's slight costume designs to reference the film.

The new Electro? Isn't his new look appearing in comics soon?

You won't see it with Captain America because everyone on the planet knows what he looks like.

Spider-Man with all the different version of him in media-you can forget any homage. Every version from Peter, Miles, Miguel & Ock has been put in toy form.
    But blade has had the same basic costume for near 2 decades....how is this an homage now. As for captain america, he starting wearing armor similar to his movie counter part. Similarly, blade began wearing sunglasses and the trench coat more consistently after the movie, but considering how long its been his standard costume, I dont see how a trench coat is an homage. People bring up the look, but I threw up two pictures for comparison and they dont share any similarities other than skin color.

Astonishing Member Lady Warp Spasm's Avatar

32 PGS./Rated T+ …$3.99

Nice commission and concept.

I'm trying Mighty Avengers with issues 12 and 13. I might pick up issue 11 on June 4th, if it's part of the story that continues in August's issue 13 (sounds like some serious supernatural stuff going on...)
    archer * magician *soldier * spy

Quote Originally Posted by Cold_War_Myth View Post
    Nice commission and concept.

I'm trying Mighty Avengers with issues 12 and 13. I might pick up issue 11 on June 4th, if it's part of the story that continues in August's issue 13 (sounds like some serious supernatural stuff going on...)
    Give it a try, you'll like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    What snipes look? Their head hair, facial hair, nose, and eyes re different. Blade wire trench coats before the movies. The movies popularized them, but theyve been a part of his wardrobe for so long how could it be an homage? It's the most generic blade look. Is the current captain america paying homage to the movies? There's a difference between paying something intentional respect and using the most popular version available.
    Blade had a trench coat and a leather jacket pre-movie, but didn't have a black long leather trench coat till the movies as he has now and as you said that's what popularized the look and made it recognizable.

As for his face that looks similar enough by these standards. We are comparing art here to one angle of Snipes real life face (over a decade ago at that). Mighty Avengers didn't go with the ugly head tattoos and kevlar (no coat) which had been Blade's default look prior to this year.
    The J-man