Page 5 of 78 FirstFirst 1234567891555 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Tracks View Post
    The Gorgon would be cool too, I've just always wanted to see Blade fight him.
    This would be an interesting matchup especially as Blade is actually superhuman.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    Comedic post of the day lol

I know damn well someone in this thread will recall this song (played briefly at the beginning of the video and also at the end) and the name of it . I've heard it a million times in the past but i cannot recall the name of it. Someone help me out here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j8JbF6GK5zs

For those of you who were searching for an answer because you too had heard the song before....the search is over!

Hop in my time machine and transport yourself back to the 80's!

Hands up if you knew the artist was a (white) Brit'. I didn't . I've had another Teena Marie moment lol.

Considering the Original Sin title that is going to be released soon and all of the 70's (and early 80's) inspired art i've seen related to The Mighty Avengers this post really isn't that far off topic.
    Last edited by Customizer; 05-04-2014 at 03:55 PM.

Cosmic Curmudgeon JudicatorPrime's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Customizer View Post
    For those of you who were searching for an answer because you too had heard the song before....the search is over!

Hop in my time machine and transport yourself back to the 80's!

Hands up if you knew the artist was a (white) Brit'. I didn't . I've had another Teena Marie moment lol.

Considering the Original Sin title that is going to be released soon and all of the 70's (and early 80's) inspired art i've seen related to The Mighty Avengers this post really isn't that far off topic.
    My bad, Customizer. I could have told you that was Paul Hardcastle and his song Rain Forest if I had only read your post.

I remember my friends and I pooling our money together to buy one of his first 12" singles (the song 19) waaaaaay back in the early 80s. We needed it really badly for a break dance routine that we were putting together. Ah, those were the days.

I've continued to follow him over the years, especially after his move into smooth jazz under the Jazzmasters sobriquet. Lost in Space, Valley of the Kings, Shine, London Chimes, Desire, Forever Dreamin', Peace on Earth, Shelbi, Wonderland, Constellation of Dreams ... I could go on and on. When you need to mellow out, decompress, meditate, reflect, or jumpstart your creative juices, you can't go wrong with a Hardcastle track.

Edit: And yes, I'm raising my hand. Back in the 80s most of the up-tempo breakdancing music was being made overseas by guys like Hardcastle, and groups like Kraftwerk, Art of Noise, etc. Sure, it was the early days of hip hop and rap was huge, but you couldn't afford to sleep on anyone when it came to finding a fresh beat. Fresh, literally and in the vernacular of the day.
    Last edited by JudicatorPrime; 05-04-2014 at 06:38 PM.

Gorgon vs Blade would be epic.

I can't afford much to buy monthly for comics MA is one of the titles I decided to get and have yet to have any regrets. I may be far from a Greg Land fan myself but I am willing to note that he does seem to be doing better with this title than he usually does. I would love to see another artist take over as the main penciller for the book though.

I really love all the characters, and honestly I barely knew most of them before reading this series.

BANNED

I would love to see that! Very good match up indeed.

I'm considering ending my boycot of Marvel comics in order to support Mighty Avengers (I'll probably regret it when they'll kill off White Tiger and Power Man, but heh).
    Problem is I don't live in US, so I'd rather go for digital issues. But does it support a comics as well as physical copies?

I can't contribute much to the conversation since I've only read the trade, but I just wanted to join the chorus saying that this is the best Avengers book I've read in what feels like forever. The roster and the writing are both amazing, and the opening really put the team on the map in the way an Avengers team deserves. I can't wait to read more, and I'll definitely be checking out Loki on the strength of this.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    I'm considering ending my boycot of Marvel comics in order to support Mighty Avengers (I'll probably regret it when they'll kill off White Tiger and Power Man, but heh).
    Problem is I don't live in US, so I'd rather go for digital issues. But does it support a comics as well as physical copies?
    Money is money.

Quote Originally Posted by mugiwara View Post
    One digital copy arguably supports Marvel (and thus the creators) more than one physical sale, but the importance of comic book stores for the industry as a whole can't be understated. So, it's a bit of a mixed bag.

Incredible Member

I purchase digital comics exclusively and have purchased far more than i would have if i was forced to purchase via brick and mortar store.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    East of West by Jonathan Hickman is pretty good.
    I offer my thanks a second time. East of West will become a monthly read. It straddles that line between comics like Daytripper and Unknown Soldier and your more typical fare (i appreciate both). I've enjoyed it very much.

BANNED

when's the next issue out? I thought there was one this week...
    I surrender to the Contest

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post

Kind of weird how much promotional material SpOck showed up in considering how little he was actually involved in the team. Really, you could almost make the arguement he never actually was on it since they weren't actually a team in that first story arc.

Though I suppose it's not TOO weird when you look at it from a marketing rarther than storytelling perspective.