Page 14 of 232 FirstFirst ... 41011121314151617182464114 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Oh I know man, I've been trying to put a complete Knaufs run together for years. I have a lot of the singles but missing a few here and there. I want them collected in a hardcover. I've got Vol 1 and 3 of Fraction and I'm looking to get the rest at a good price at my LCS. Fraction's run is just brilliant imo and I agree with you that it really captures who Tony is and what he's all about. I'm glad that I have a complete run of his Iron Man. I guess that what has me kinda bummed about what they're doing now because it's undoing everything that Fraction's run did to revitalize Tony.
    I actually got the two Fraction Omnibus's on Friday for a great deal ($60).

Any older Iron Man solo books you guys recommend, I've read most of his newer stuff.
    We need better comics

Oh I know man, I've been trying to put a complete Knaufs run together for years. I have a lot of the singles but missing a few here and there. I want them collected in a hardcover. I've got Vol 1 and 3 of Fraction and I'm looking to get the rest at a good price at my LCS. Fraction's run is just brilliant imo and I agree with you that it really captures who Tony is and what he's all about. I'm glad that I have a complete run of his Iron Man. I guess that what has me kinda bummed about what they're doing now because it's undoing everything that Fraction's run did to revitalize Tony.
    I'm right there with ya brother. I have Fractions entire run in trade as well. I have the Knauf's and Fractions trades out quite a bit so i don't have to pull out my singles lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post

Any older Iron Man solo books you guys recommend, I've read most of his newer stuff.
    They have some of Busiek's run in trade. That was really great stuff. They also just dropped an omnibus of his run.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 09-03-2014 at 10:08 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Take a look at Denny O'Neils run when Rhodey took over as Iron Man. And definitely get both Armor Was.

And Iron fans, what do you think of Hickman's take on Tony in Avengers and NA? I like it overall as his Tony comes off pretty good.

Take a look at Denny O'Neils run when Rhodey took over as Iron Man. And definitely get both Armor Was.

And Iron fans, what do you think of Hickman's take on Tony in Avengers and NA? I like it overall as his Tony comes off pretty good.
    I'll be getting the Iron Man Epic that collects that when it comes out next year
    http://www.amazon.com/Iron-Man-Epic-...pic+collection
    Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    They have some of Busiek's run in trade. That was really great stuff. They also just dropped an omnibus of his run.
    Thanks man I'll check that out.

I really like Hickman's Tony.
    We need better comics

I'll be getting the Iron Man Epic that collects that when it comes out next year

I'd like to see Hickman or Waid get a shot at writing Tony. Hickman gives Tony a seriousness that I haven't seen for some time. And he plays up on Tony's intelligence. I'm tired of seeing Tony's tech fail all the time.

I'd like to see Hickman or Waid get a shot at writing Tony. Hickman gives Tony a seriousness that I haven't seen for some time. And he plays up on Tony's intelligence. I'm tired of seeing Tony's tech fail all the time.
    Like in Original Sin. I was rolling my eyes when I read that.
    We need better comics

Like in Original Sin. I was rolling my eyes when I read that.
    It's becoming a running theme.

Thanks for showing the link to Amazon. I already have to first 2 Epic Collections and I ordered the last one so of course I'll be getting this one as well. I love the way Hickman writes Tony too and if you don't mind. Give me a shot after you read Busiek's run or a trade or 2. I really like to hear what you think.

Thanks for showing the link to Amazon. I already have to first 2 Epic Collections and I ordered the last one so of course I'll be getting this one as well. I love the way Hickman writes Tony too and if you don't mind. Give me a shot after you read Busiek's run or a trade or 2. I really like to hear what you think.
    I will get the omnibus once I get paid. I hope it doesn't get sold before I order it, Amazon only has one copy left. I'll comment here once I start reading it.

I would prefer TPBs or Hardcovers but I'm not sure if everything is still in print
    Last edited by UltimateTy; 09-13-2014 at 12:52 PM.
    We need better comics

I've got most of Busiek's run, missing a few issues here and there.

I started Busiek's run I'm really enjoying it 5 issues in. The art is 90's-ish but its well written.

Funny variant

We need better comics

I started Busiek's run I'm really enjoying it 5 issues in. The art is 90's-ish but its well written.

Funny variant

I think I may start re-reading that with you this weekend.