Page 154 of 232 FirstFirst ... 54104144150151152153154155156157158164204 ... LastLast
Results 2,296 to 2,310 of 3469

Double post
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-03-2018 at 03:45 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Shuri designed?
    Na. That's all Tony. It looks like it's coming out of his armor

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Who'd he stalk?
    His first love. Used her skin and turned it into armor. Pretty F@#ked up.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 04-03-2018 at 04:36 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Fantastic Member

DSC00518.JPG From the cover of 134. May try to frame so it displays better .

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    DSC00518.JPG From the cover of 134. May try to frame so it displays better .
    I like it. You can see it's throwback.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

What do you think of Lewis Tan as The Mandarin?
    He looks like he would be a badass Mandarin. I still think of Chow Yung Fat as the Mandarin though.

Quote Originally Posted by SuperiorIronman View Post
    Lets be honest here. Bendis didn't give a rats ass about writing Doctor Doom or Tony Stark because instead he wanted to shill Riri Williams as the new Miles Morales. Had he stuck around longer, this child would become time displaced to be the new Infamous Iron man/Doctor Doom to replace Victor as a battle of legacy or some crap.

It's weird to think about, but I'll be damned if that wasn't an appropriate criticism of the whole Riri Williams era. Legacy was not needed here and was only done to shill a character to the audience. Bendis may have gotten a decent Doctor Doom book but I shudder at what he could've done had he stuck around. How much you wanna bet Dan Slott is going to ignore Riri and whoever this baby is?
    Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    that's a fair assessment (even if I don't disagree). Bendis likes to put his stamp on things. he does it by introducing continuity that fundamently alters characters (often away from what their creators intended). and he does it in a way that is hard to undo. so he did give a rats ass about writing Doctor Doom. but with the caveat of it being "his" Doom. it was Tony that he didn't care about. he used Tony to set up his Riri and Doom books. he pushed Tony into the background so he could focus on Bendis-y stuff like the "great" Amanda Armstrong. and he changed Doom into something that he could work with. now Amanda is part of Tony's story. and Amara is part of Doom's story. and you can't ignore them because of how they relate to the characters. that's Bendis' stamp. he thinks that he did something. same with Riri being Iron Man in the future. nevermind that Hickman already introduced a future black female iron man. nevermind that Rhodey had a super smart niece who could have taken up the mantle. just put it out of your head that Doom already has a daughter by Morgan Lefey; allegedly. only Bendis continuity matters.
    What do you guys think of this article.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...ive-got-issues

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    What do you guys think of this article.
    http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/02/...ive-got-issues
    I remember this and I remember really agreeing with the first line of the closing paragraph.

The end result is a promising Iron Man run that got derailed when Iron Man was taken off the board too soon and for too long, leaving other characters to grow the Iron Man franchise without him. There are some excellent elements to this Iron Man run, namely the other characters who carried on his legacy, but at the end of the day, it didn’t achieve what it set out to accomplish: finally giving Tony Stark his due.
    I don't agree that the characters that filled in for him were an excellent element.

Pepper > MJ
    Lila Rhodes > Riri
    Tony's birth mother... honestly, does anyone really care about this plot point anymore? (Even if it was Gillen who started it)

Doom was good in Infamous but feels pointless in this last arc.

Once Rhodey was taken off the board it started going downhill. Then we lost the title character we wanted to read about and were forced fed characters that we were told were awesome just because Marvel said so.

Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

Brubaker did in effect the same thing when he had Steve Rogers killed (we thought) at the conclusion of Civil War. The difference is Brubaker writing with the Winter Soldier is leagues ahead of what Bendis is doing here for this needlessly prolonged end game until his obligation to Marvel is completed. They just should have turned it over to Slott. And maybe had one more 6 issue arc with Infamous Iron Man. Or at least have Riri and Victor doing what the advance solicits said....actively trying to solve the mystery of what happened to Tony.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 04-04-2018 at 06:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I'm going to track this down and put it on my wall.

Fantastic Member

For sure that's a great looking poster .

HE. IS. IRON. MAN.

Love this poster!

It just bugs me that he's not wearing his helmet in any of them.

Love RDJ. Love him as Tony. I don't want RDJ on my wall. I want Iron Man on my wall lol.

Team Tony. It looks like everyone breaks into teams in the trailer.