Page 197 of 232 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by Skedatz View Post
    I'm happy they'll be showing that Tony has always been making enemies. Even before his college and drinking days. lol

But I'm more curious about why he's looking for this guy at all. Maybe looking to rebuild his company yet again and is buying out yet another company to make that happen?

I'm glad they are going back to his school days. You know he pissed off a lot of people during those days. Fraction did one were Tony and Ock where up against each other right out of school.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I'm guessing that Baintronics is also looking for this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I'm glad they are going back to his school days. You know he pissed off a lot of people during those days. Fraction did one were Tony and Ock where up against each other right out of school.
    Yeah. I like a good Tony vs smart guy story. Sometimes it's just satisfying to see Tony flex his smarts.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    Hopefully there's not another War Machine waiting for Stark this time.

Mighty Member

I know. I hate it when they do that. I want to see more of the book itself. I agree liking that they are showing Maria. The less the adoption is referenced to, the better.
    Stuff like that makes me glad that Marvel has looser rules for consistency now. The adoption will be like the spider-baby of the 90s, a messy footnote that everybody agrees to just ignore. We will not even need to get a stupid back-write to fix it or make it "work". It will simply be forgotten/ignored and people can move on.
    Current pull-file: Batman the Detective, Batman: Legends of the Dark Knight, Marvel Dark Ages, Nightwing, Superman Son of Kal-El, Transformers, Transformers: King Grimlock, Warhammer 40,000 Sisters of Battle
    -----------------------------
    - http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/

Yeah. I like a good Tony vs smart guy story. Sometimes it's just satisfying to see Tony flex his smarts.
    Yeah I like when Tony goes toe to toe with another genius. It just shows how incredible he is.

Quote Originally Posted by CentralPower View Post
    Stuff like that makes me glad that Marvel has looser rules for consistency now. The adoption will be like the spider-baby of the 90s, a messy footnote that everybody agrees to just ignore. We will not even need to get a stupid back-write to fix it or make it "work". It will simply be forgotten/ignored and people can move on.
    I really hope you're right. The less I see of that, the better.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I got it, but the only problem I really had with Stark is how he has the "Doombot" approach to getting out of trouble and creating false tension.
    I like that he has that extra skill to play with people. I'll be getting it today and will let you guys know what I think of issue 2

BANNED

Iron Man #4 May 1998
    "Trouble in Paradise!" Part 1 of 2.
    Iron Man is confronted by the fiery villain known as Firebrand.

What will the Golden Avenger do when this new adversary ignites a dormant volcano endangering thousands of lives?

Story by Kurt Busiek. Art by Sean Chen, Eric Cannon, and Sean Parsons.

Loved that Sean Chen art.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Iron Man #4 May 1998
    "Trouble in Paradise!" Part 1 of 2.
    Iron Man is confronted by the fiery villain known as Firebrand.

What will the Golden Avenger do when this new adversary ignites a dormant volcano endangering thousands of lives?

Story by Kurt Busiek. Art by Sean Chen, Eric Cannon, and Sean Parsons.
    Loved that Sean Chen art.
    I just reread the omnibus for this. Just all around great stuff. I have such a love for that armor. Turned itself into a suitcase and then later something Tony could call from the trunk of his car.

This is when I read Iron Man consistently. He had a lot of new rogues to fight when Chen was on art. I wonder where Tuatara ended up.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    You might be right. Slott did say he was bringing Bain back.

I remember that story, it was pretty cool. Ock held that grudge for a very long time.

Also I just got the complete Knauf's Iron Man Director of SHIELD run in the other day. And my LCS has a 25% off sale on a few Iron Man trades - 2 from Busiek's run so definitely looking to get those this coming week.

Hopefully there's not another War Machine waiting for Stark this time.
    Exactly. Love seeing Tony put that genius to work, especially when it against another genius.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I remember that story, it was pretty cool. Ock held that grudge for a very long time.

Also I just got the complete Knauf's Iron Man Director of SHIELD run in the other day. And my LCS has a 25% off sale on a few Iron Man trades - 2 from Busiek's run so definitely looking to get those this coming week.
    Ock really did hate Tony. I want to see them go at it again. Great find on that sale and glad to hear you have The Knauf's run. You, me and quite a few others talk very highly of it. Also great find on Busieks run. I got the omnibus for $35 dollars off of Ebay.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-17-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Ock really did hate Tony. I want to see them go at it again. Great find on that sale and glad to hear you have The Knauf's run. You, me and quite a few others talk very highly of it. Also great find on Busieks run. I got the omnibus for $35 dollars off of Ebay.
    I'd like to see this too. AND Slott teased the return of Ock as Superior Spiderman in ASM 800.. maybe we WILL get to see something.