Page 207 of 232 FirstFirst ... 107157197203204205206207208209210211217 ... LastLast
Results 3,091 to 3,105 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by okiedokiewo View Post
    I'm not sure they would recast Iron Man. I think Iron Man as a character would just be done. There's several actors whose contracts are up after Avengers 4, and, yeah, people are worried they're going to be phased out/be killed as the MCU focuses on the new heroes like Captain Marvel, Spider Man, Doctor Strange, Black Panther, Ant Man, and get rid of the original ones.
    I think what they should do is have Tony (off screen if need be) give Pepper her own armored suit - Rescue (they REALLY should've done that in Iron Man 3). She would then mentor two new genius girls that Tony finds. One would be the daughter of the guy who helped him build his first armor - Toni Ho, who would take her second comics codename Iron Patriot as that's been used in the MCU (by War Machine) but is now vacant. The other would be Ironheart. So instead of one Iron Man, you'd have a team of Iron Women.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

iMan 42s

I feel like Toni Ho would actually make the most sense considering Shaun Toub (Ho Yinsen's actor) is young enough to still be acting and he did make the cameo in Iron man 3. He also could be in flashback scenes to provide a bit of context to Toni Ho considering as far as Yinsen knew in Iron man (2008) he believed his family to be dead. That would also be a way of getting the Mandarin proper to screen considering Toni Ho's father would've been killed in Ten Rings captivity.

Kind of a delayed setup, but the setup is there for a movie like that. Politically it would be an interesting setup for Iron Patriot, or alternatively a superhero film like Rescue with a sad ending considering we know what happened to Yinsen.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Personally, I am not a fan of the continuing gender changes for heroes. Just create great female characters. I would like Iron Man to stay Iron MAN. Sorry, old fashion ways.

Tony - Director of SHIELD
    Pepper - Rescue

Or bring in Rhodeys daughter and let her be the MCU Rescue

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Personally, I am not a fan of the continuing gender changes for heroes. Just create great female characters. I would like Iron Man to stay Iron MAN. Sorry, old fashion ways.
    I felt the same way about Thor Odinson even though I liked Jane Foster wielding Mjolnir too.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    I felt the same way about Thor Odinson even though I liked Jane Foster wielding Mjolnir too.
    Thanks Maj; me too. It has just come down to such a sales gimmick, that I am tired of it. Not every hero can have a great Shuri/Female counterpart.

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    Jane as Thor wasn't as bad for me (except for calling her Thor.. since it's his actual name an all). Tony was dead for all intents and purposes and out of the picture and someone we were told was "better" just swooped in and took over.

The 2nd thing I want to say is; after reading each and every post since the forum rebooted, I am a little disappointed in this IM thread. There were times when weeks went by between posts!

I say we all take a vow, and say from this point forward; "Not a day goes by without Tony"! Let's keep these post alive and well. Shell Head, Tony, Iron Man, the Golden Avenger deserves it!!!
    I agree. Even when it gets really bad(Bennnnnddiiiiiisssssss!!!!!!!), we should still be in this thread talking up Tony and his supporting cast.

Fantastic Member

Just went and picked up my copy of Tony Stark and also 1 variant cover the red and gold model 4 . Wow 6.70 Canadian , I wanted to get a few more covers but just couldn't justify the cost . But dang what a read . Also got me a copy of the mini comic . Pretty cool .

That is the same copy I picked up JK. Good ol' red and gold, a classic!

*Decided to doing these more as a recap from what I read, instead of a play by play.

Tales of Suspense #41, May 1963, 13 pages - Iron Man vs Dr. Strange! ??

Cover

Cover is okay; I like seeing Tony in his gold bucket suit, Dr. Strange is not 'the' Dr. Strange we know, but an evil master mind.

Plot

Dr. Strange in prison. Hypnotizes IM to free him, then the evil Dr. goes to an island strong hold and threatens the world with a megaton bomb that could level the planet /he is doing all this for his daughter's love btw/. The military unleashes 3 atomic bombs that don't even put a dent in the evil guys force field. Tony out smarts him by realizing his force field doesn't extend under the island, and comes up from beneath him and risks his own life to shut down the Dr's evil equipment, that also depletes Tony of all his juice when he does. The Dr's daughter is not crazy like him, and throws Tony a flash light, where Tony is able to get a couple of "D Cell" batteries, and recharge himself. The Dr. escapes; will we see him again? The daughter wraps her arms around IM. Even in the bulking suit, Tony still oozes sex appeal.

Everyday Feats:

We learn in an average week Tony does a lot of cool stuff:
    • Donates 100K to a kid's hospital
    • Put on a show for orphins
    • Juggles 7 cars in the air using his mini magnet skills
    • Manages munition plants all over the world
    • Creates a life saving medical flesh healing serum
    • Solves a space problem that will keep radiation out of space capsules /Reed and the crew could have used this sooner/ LOL
    • Creates .50 Cal ammo that are mini artillery shells that can be fired 1000 rounds per minute

Feats continued:

• IM throws an airport boarding staircase about 1/4 of a mile to crash a plane that was taking off with commie spies
    • Separates 2 giant oil tankers at sea that are about to collide, with just a tap of his toe
    • Stops a point blank, basket ball sized cannon ball in mid air with out moving an inch, this crushes it with his bare hands
    • Able to withstand being shot out of a military submarine
    • Strong enough to dig from the ocean floor all the way up and through an island

Overall

Another quick but fun silver age read. Jack did start drawing the little antenna on IM's left shoulder /always liked that as a kid/. Would be very cool if Slott brought back some of these obscure villains from Tony's past.

Quote Originally Posted by cc008 View Post
    Tony - Director of SHIELD
    This is something I would like to see again.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I got issue one today and I thought is was a fun read. Glad to see Tony making his circle of friends bigger. My only gripe is that the Foom Buster armor didn't last a long as it should have. I really dislike when that happens. Other than that it was very good. The art was really good. I like this guys art. Slott did a great job with Tony and looking forward to more. Liked the very end when one of my favorite supporting Iron Man characters was taken over by one of my favorite Iron Man villains.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-24-2018 at 01:57 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Also got me a copy of the mini comic . Pretty cool .
    I loved the mini comic as well. How it showed some of the armors. Slott's foreward was fantastic. He gets some of what makes Tony such a great character.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-24-2018 at 01:58 AM.

*Decided to doing these more as a recap from what I read, instead of a play by play.

Tales of Suspense #41, May 1963, 13 pages - Iron Man vs Dr. Strange! ??

Cover

Cover is okay; I like seeing Tony in his gold bucket suit, Dr. Strange is not 'the' Dr. Strange we know, but an evil master mind.

Plot

Dr. Strange in prison. Hypnotizes IM to free him, then the evil Dr. goes to an island strong hold and threatens the world with a megaton bomb that could level the planet /he is doing all this for his daughter's love btw/. The military unleashes 3 atomic bombs that don't even put a dent in the evil guys force field. Tony out smarts him by realizing his force field doesn't extend under the island, and comes up from beneath him and risks his own life to shut down the Dr's evil equipment, that also depletes Tony of all his juice when he does. The Dr's daughter is not crazy like him, and throws Tony a flash light, where Tony is able to get a couple of "D Cell" batteries, and recharge himself. The Dr. escapes; will we see him again? The daughter wraps her arms around IM. Even in the bulking suit, Tony still oozes sex appeal.

Everyday Feats:

We learn in an average week Tony does a lot of cool stuff:
    • Donates 100K to a kid's hospital
    • Put on a show for orphins
    • Juggles 7 cars in the air using his mini magnet skills
    • Manages munition plants all over the world
    • Creates a life saving medical flesh healing serum
    • Solves a space problem that will keep radiation out of space capsules /Reed and the crew could have used this sooner/ LOL
    • Creates .50 Cal ammo that are mini artillery shells that can be fired 1000 rounds per minute

Feats continued:

• IM throws an airport boarding staircase about 1/4 of a mile to crash a plane that was taking off with commie spies
    • Separates 2 giant oil tankers at sea that are about to collide, with just a tap of his toe
    • Stops a point blank, basket ball sized cannon ball in mid air with out moving an inch, this crushes it with his bare hands
    • Able to withstand being shot out of a military submarine
    • Strong enough to dig from the ocean floor all the way up and through an island

Overall

Another quick but fun silver age read. Jack did start drawing the little antenna on IM's left shoulder /always liked that as a kid/. Would be very cool if Slott brought back some of these obscure villains from Tony's past.
    Again another great write up and thanks a bunch for mentioning his feats in the issue. Tony has done so many amazing things, it's hard to remember all of them.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-24-2018 at 02:16 AM.