Page 210 of 232 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3469
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Tony used the Thorbuster after the 1st Civil War. Thor had just returned from limbo and learned that Tony had cloned him to make Clor.

Thor wasn't happy about it and Tony made the Thorbuster because he knew he'd after face him.

The armor didn't stand chance.
    Oh, yeah....I remembered that paticular moment....and it's a serious reminder to never, ever Ticked off those proclaiming to be Gods and have the powers to truly back it up...!!!

Quote Originally Posted by PaxHouse View Post
    Oh, yeah....I remembered that paticular moment....and it's a serious reminder to never, ever Ticked off those proclaiming to be Gods and have the powers to truly back it up...!!!
    Yeah. He even told Tony that the reason why he destroyed Tony's armor so quickly is because he wasn't holding back anymore.
    https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/12/07/thor-vs-iron-man/
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-25-2018 at 01:51 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yeah. He even told Tony that the reason why he destroyed Tony's armor so quickly is because he wasn't holding back anymore.
    https://lowbrowcomics.com/2015/12/07/thor-vs-iron-man/
    I think Tony should just stop with the <"Insert name here">buster armors.

Have any of them been really successful? Maybe the Phoenix armor.

Yeah they definitely don't always work lol. I like the idea of them and my only problem is that they should do better against the person they are meant to bust. Like you said the Phoenixbuster did. That's all. Also that was his extremis armor that he used against Thor in that fight. It wasn't the Hulkbuster.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-25-2018 at 03:37 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Well at least in the movie's, Hulkbuster won out.
    As a youngster I always thought of IM as one of the strongest on a day to day basis. But, with Tony's genius, I knew that he should be able to beat anybody blow for blow if he put his mind to it; and be the strongest, even if it was only for a few seconds. At least that is what I dreamed about when I was young.

Yeah the definitely don't always work lol. I like the idea of them and my only problem is that they should do better against the person they are meant to bust. Like you said the Phoenixbuster did. That's all. Also that was his extremis armor that he used against Thor in that fight. It wasn't the Hulkbuster.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Well at least in the movie's, Hulkbuster won out.
    As a youngster I always thought of IM as one of the strongest on a day to day basis. But, with Tony's genius, I knew that he should be able to beat anybody blow for blow if he put his mind to it; and be the strongest, even if it was only for a few seconds. At least that is what I dreamed about when I was young.
    Tony's classic red and gold from the 70s and 80s was Class 75 strength that he could push to Class 100 for a limited time.

Over the years, I think either his armor has lost some strength or writers don't play up how strong his armor really is.

Yeah they definitely don't always work lol. I like the idea of them and my only problem is that they should do better against the person they are meant to bust. Like you said the Phoenixbuster did. That's all. Also that was his extremis armor that he used against Thor in that fight. It wasn't the Hulkbuster.
    It makes him look really bad to build a specific armor against a specific person and have that armor always fail.

double post.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 06-25-2018 at 03:45 PM.

Tony's classic red and gold from the 70s and 80s was Class 75 strength that he could push to Class 100 for a limited time.

Over the years, I think either his armor has lost some strength or writers don't play up how strong his armor really is.

The writers really don't show Tony's armor strength more. I think Slott will do well with that though.

It makes him look really bad to build a specific armor against a specific person and have that armor always fail.
    I know. It really does, but I still like the idea of them. The Fing Fang Foombuster didn't last as long as I wanted it to. Let's hope Slott doesn't continue down that path. I really do think Slott will do better with it. Hopefully.

The writers really don't show Tony's armor strength more. I think Slott will do well with that though.

I know. It really does, but I still like the idea of them. The Fing Fang Foombuster didn't last as long as I wanted it to. Let's hope Slott doesn't continue down that path. I really do think Slott will do better with it. Hopefully.
    The buster armors are great as collector items but honestly I don't think they're meant to show how good Tony is but how much better the other person is.

The Hulkbuster: Meant to take down the Hulk but only proves how strong, powerful and unstoppable the Hulk is.

The Thorbuster: No chance

The Fin Fang Foombuster: He would have been better off using Red Ronin(a no prize for anyone who remembers this classic hero).

The Phoenixbuster: Mixed results.

I'd rather see Tony with an armor that can adapt to any threat and opponent.

The buster armors are great as collector items but honestly I don't think they're meant to show how good Tony is but how much better the other person is.

The Hulkbuster: Meant to take down the Hulk but only proves how strong, powerful and unstoppable the Hulk is.

The Fin Fang Foombuster: He would have been better off using Red Ronin(a no prize for anyone who remembers this classic hero).

Of course us old timers remember RR. Was not a huge fan of him, but I do remember him.

You're right of course about results for Tony's buster armor. I still dig the concept of them. When Tony has armors that adapt, he does do better with them.

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    Of course us old timers remember RR. Was not a huge fan of him, but I do remember him.
    Part of the Voltron craze.

Part of the Voltron craze.

Yes, exactly. I was more of a Micronauts /small hero/ guy, than RR /large hero/ guy.

Astonishing Member

Absolutely

iirc he did this very thing against nefaria when no one else had even hurt him to that point