Page 22 of 232 FirstFirst ... 121819202122232425263272122 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    Did you guys read Armor Wars?

I loved the first issue
    I thought it was a good start. I noticed quite a few people didn't like the art, but I enjoyed the art. Looking forward to the next issue.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

BANNED

Did you guys read Armor Wars?

I loved the first issue
    Loved it as well, and the art was great; Kiri and Spider-Man looking especially cool.

I hope Kiri stays this cool, and possibly gets moved into the new MU.

Bendis Interview @ Marvel for Invincible Iron Man

Brian Michael Bendis: Oh, gigantically. If we could take the time machine back with me, [Marvel originally] hired me to write Spider-Man. That was the first thing they hired me to write. The minute they let me write whatever they wanted, I wrote a Spider-Man/Iron Man team-up.

Marvel.com: That was ULTIMATE MARVEL TEAM-UP?

Brian Michael Bendis: Yeah. The minute I could write anything I wanted, I wrote Iron Man. The minute I put together what I thought were the coolest characters into the Avengers team, there’s Iron Man. The minute they said, “What do you think the Guardians of the Galaxy need?” They need Iron Man. Even during Civil War, my best stuff was Tony related. I got all excited about my different bend on the character, his relationship to the way Mark [Millar] would write him [in the main CIVIL WAR series], and I could tell coming down the street that Tony would be turned into the villain of the story by some people. We tend to root for the underdog, and I had this feeling that, “you know what, Tony’s sitting on the throne, but he is the underdog.” And CIVIL WAR: THE CONFESSION, which I would argue is one of my better moments at the company, is all literally Tony spilling his guts and referring to one of my top-three favorite comics of all time, which is when Iron Man and Doctor Doom go traveling back in time to King Arthur’s Court.

Marvel.com: Yeah, you love that story.

Brian Michael Bendis: I do love that story. It is a great John Romita Jr. comic book. So yeah. I think it doesn’t take much peeling away to realize what a gigantic Tony Stark [fan] I am. I’m also a fan of writing characters that are a lot smarter than me. It takes a lot of work on this end; I know a lot of people who are smarter than me. I’m fascinated by how their minds work. I’m fascinated by the mixture of the analytical and the creative, which is what an inventor is. There are people who are analytical geniuses and then there’s creative genius, and right in the middle there’s inventor genius. That is very fascinating. And I tend to, in my free time [Laughs], read books or biographies about those kind of people. I just tend to gravitate to them, and it’s about damn time we just hunker down and try to help Tony become the man he wants to be.

All Iron Man fans should pick this up. It is such a fun read!
    http://www.amazon.com/World-Accordin...M780JGESP0WASE
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

This was a fun read. Someone should bring Stratosfire back

We need better comics

Incredible Member Master Planner's Avatar

I love so much Silver Centurion armor.A big part of my Iron Man fandom was during that period.
    " I am Loki Scar-Lip, Loki Skywalker, Loki Giant's Child, Loki Lie-Smith. I am Loki, who is fire and wit and hate. I am Loki. And I will be under an obligation to no one."

Previously known as Nefarius

This was a fun read. Someone should bring Stratosfire back

That would be pretty cool. They brought Sunturion back not to long ago in an Avengers Annual. It was really good.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    All Iron Man fans should pick this up. It is such a fun read!
    http://www.amazon.com/World-Accordin...M780JGESP0WASE
    Just orderd it, can't wait to read it.

Haven't read the character in years but he was one of my favorites as a kid. We used to bring comics to 5th grade & discuss them all the time. This was during early 80's. Issue #150 with Dr Doom was heaven for us!!! That whole run was awesome!

I started with him in the late 70's. Some fun stories!

image.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post
    Haven't read the character in years but he was one of my favorites as a kid. We used to bring comics to 5th grade & discuss them all the time. This was during early 80's. Issue #150 with Dr Doom was heaven for us!!! That whole run was awesome!

image.jpg
    That is one of my all time favorite covers! Everytime I see it I still get goosebumps.

Quote Originally Posted by Starocotes View Post
    Just orderd it, can't wait to read it.
    When you read it. Least us know what you think.

Quote Originally Posted by Jon-El View Post

image.jpg
    I started around issue #108. Just in time for the fight against the Destroyer, the Ani-Men and Whitney Frost.

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    When you read it. Least us know what you think.
    Actually I was a bit disappointed. The special features where a bit lackluster. There was no real catchy Stark Industries Logo and the facts where not consistant. The armors where from the time shortly before Superior Iron Man and there the company was called Resilient (without Stark) and Tony should drive his own Resilient Car.
    The infos about the armors where wrong too, especially about expunging the Extremis from his system.
    The Artwork was okay though.

Astonishing Member

I wonder why Marvel did not let Dan Slott do Iron Man? He might have been a better fit for the book as opposed toward making Peter Parker into Tony Stark based on Doc Ock's ideas.

Fantastic Member

Just wondering now that Superior Iron man has ended . Are there plans for a new series after Armor Wars? So far I enjoyed the first 2 issues of Armor Wars . Art is a throw back to 90's . But story line seems pretty decent .