Page 221 of 232 FirstFirst ... 121171211217218219220221222223224225231 ... LastLast
Results 3,301 to 3,315 of 3469

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    I love when Tony does stuff like that. Mad scientist type ****.
    Yeah, I love Stark as a Mad Scientist, too. :-D

I hate it when they turn him into a greedy, controlling politician type. That's not my Stark. My Stark is a super-genius inventor.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post

I hate it when they turn him into a greedy, controlling politician type. That's not my Stark. My Stark is a super-genius inventor.
    I'm with you. In Stark Disassemble in his mind one of the main parts of himself that he disliked was called the politician. He hates that he has to be that sometimes.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-09-2018 at 10:38 AM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

In Stark Disassemble in his mind one of the main parts of himself that he disliked was called the politician.
    ?
    The politician or the bureaucrat?

I don't really care for any of this. I don't want him to be a mad scientist or a politician, or leader of shield, or anything like that. BUT; I do love the old playboy Tony, who was carefree and secretly the awesome Golden Avenger!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    I don't really care for any of this. I don't want him to be a mad scientist or a politician, or leader of shield, or anything like that. BUT; I do love the old playboy Tony, who was carefree and secretly the awesome Golden Avenger!
    I kind of get why you don't want him presented that way. It's the sort of thing that gets him branded as the ultimate villain in the story because as a mad scientist, he creates homicidal bots, as a bureaucrat he endorses dubious policies and nobody ever bothers to try and understand the man behind all of those facades.

?
    The politician or the bureaucrat?
    You're right. Bureaucrat is just about the same thing though.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-08-2018 at 05:16 PM.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    I kind of get why you don't want him presented that way. It's the sort of thing that gets him branded as the ultimate villain in the story because as a mad scientist, he creates homicidal bots, as a bureaucrat he endorses dubious policies and nobody ever bothers to try and understand the man behind all of those facades.
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantis Dad View Post
    These are just different sides of the character. I don't want him making murderous robots either, but when he does his science inventions it's always cutting edge. Like I was saying about when him and his brother put Extremis into Banner because every time Banner would change into the Hulk. It would damage Banner's mind when he returned from it. Also he really disliked the bureaucrat side of himself.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-08-2018 at 04:56 PM.

We really haven't seen Tony do any tech stuff in his own comic for a while before the new run.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    We really haven't seen Tony do any tech stuff for a while before the new run.
    That's what I'm taking about when I said mad scientist. Do cutting edge inventions to make the future better. Tony has always been a risk taker.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-08-2018 at 10:20 PM.

That's what I'm taking about when I said mad scientist. Do cutting edge inventions to make they future better. Tony has always been a risk taker.
    With the new villain line up, we should see more tech stuff.

They need to bring back the Ghost and a revamped Spymaster.

With the new villain line up, we should see more tech stuff.

They need to bring back the Ghost and a revamped Spymaster.
    Last time I saw Ghost was when Slott wrote him in Amazing Spider-Man Worldwide which also starred Tony.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-08-2018 at 05:20 PM.

You're right. Bureaucrat is just about the same thing though.
    I suspect The Bureaucrat wording was picked because it was in the middle of a story about The Mandarin.

Is anyone else reading Hunt for Wolverine Adamantium Agenda mini series? It's a really cool mini were Tony is leading a former group of New Avengers and they are searching for Wolverines body so other people don't experiment on it.
    Last edited by Tony Stark; 07-10-2018 at 10:58 PM.

Is anyone else reading Hunt for Wolverine Adamantium Agenda mini series? It's a really cool mini were Tony is leading a former group of New Avengers are searching for Wolverines body so other people don't experiment on it.
    I'll wait for the trade for this one.

I'll wait for the trade for this one.
    I hear ya. So far I've really enjoyed the first 2 issues. Issue 3 comes out Wednesday.