Page 33 of 232 FirstFirst ... 232930313233343536374383133 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Aaric Rivad View Post
    Yep. He just straight-up tried to murder Tony Stark.

I think we can dispense with the illusion that Steve's team is gonna be a lily-white gang of saints the way they were portrayed in the comics.

I hope Tony flattens them in their little 2-on-1 fight scene.
    I've seen an analysis of the scene that says Bucky is pointing the gun away from Tony at first and Tony just directs it towards himself to stop the bullet, and a guess that Bucky's real target was Zemo who Tony at that point has no clue is really evil.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Just letting fellow fans know that Tony will be in Mockingbird #1. Also the trailer for the SB was awesome, but Bucky is now on my shit list. BIG TIME!
    Cool to hear that he'll be in Mockingbird #1. As for Bucky? I'll wait until I see the film before I judge him since trailers are never the best way to judge a scene in my experience.

If you don't have the Invincible Iron Man by Busiek and Chen omnibus you can get it as low as $40 right now online.

Get it now before it goes OOP
    We need better comics

Quote Originally Posted by UltimateTy View Post
    If you don't have the Invincible Iron Man by Busiek and Chen omnibus you can get it as low as $40 right now online.

Get it now before it goes OOP
    Where at? I found it for $50.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Where at? I found it for $50.
    I saw it for that low on ebay
    We need better comics

So when did Tony lose all his wealth? Was this in Superior Iron Man, or was this something that happened post SW?

Quote Originally Posted by JBH3 View Post
    So when did Tony lose all his wealth? Was this in Superior Iron Man, or was this something that happened post SW?
    ^ Bumping this... please somebody...

Quote Originally Posted by JBH3 View Post
    ^ Bumping this... please somebody...
    Yeah, Superior Iron Man when he decided to make an Extremis app and charge $99/d or whatever it was. Probably had to rehabilitate a lot of people
    Cohost of the Attilan Rising Podcast available now: Attilan Rising Website | iTunes | Google Play

Monthly Pull List: I don't update this nearly enough

It looks like Tony will be in Mockingbird #1. If he is in it. I will pick it up. Anyone else here about him being in Mockingbird?
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Tony did say he has less money than before in Invincible Iron Man. I don't see the difference in his lifestyle in his own book though lol.
    We need better comics

BANNED

So, uh, thread-necro but I have to ask... What's the general consensus on both books right now? Invincible I dropped a while back because I felt it wasn't worth the 9 euros per month I paid for it, and now International has dropped and I've found that more meh. The cross-overs certainly are not helping, as that's why i dropped TASM. They're not bad books per se, but they're not what I'm looking for in an Iron Man book. I have no problem with a jokey and carefree Tony, that's his personality either way, it's just that I want to see a bit more of his inner turmoil. Dunno, maybe it's just the Bendis speak, but I just can't get into them, which is a shame, cause I was really looking forward to reading Iron Man stuff 3 times a month. Tony used to be in my Top 10, but now, the books have left such a sour taste in my mouth that he's dropped to 15 or so.

The reason why I'm asking, is because I'm on the verge of dropping some books, and I'd like to hear what fellow Iron Man fans think. Because, like the Doctor Strange book, the masses love it, but the hardcores either despise it or just tolerate it. Personally, I'm still pulling Strange because it's 4.50, in contrast to Iron Man, for whom I'd need about 14 euros. Silver Surfer is getting dropped for sure, and possibly Daredevil. I got all caught up in the hype and added it, but I went back to read a couple of this vols first issues, and I can't say I loved it. Still, I'm waiting to see if REBIRTH brings something that I'll like, but I'd like a second opinion on the current Iron Man books. Either way, at least in a year or so he'll get a new #1, so maybe that'll be more up my alley.
    Last edited by Darthkostis; 03-20-2016 at 11:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I'd like to hear what fellow Iron Man fans think. .
    It's been a little hit-or-miss, but I loved issue #7. Bendis really seems to be hitting his stride.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MichaelC View Post
    It's been a little hit-or-miss, but I loved issue #7. Bendis really seems to be hitting his stride.
    That so, eh? Guess I'll wait until DC reveals their full slate. If nothing grab my interest and I do drop Silver Surfer and Daredevil, I may reconsider. CW2 has potential to be a good story for Tony, but I'll have to see some reviews first.

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    So, uh, thread-necro but I have to ask... What's the general consensus on both books right now? Invincible I dropped a while back because I felt it wasn't worth the 9 euros per month I paid for it, and now International has dropped and I've found that more meh. The cross-overs certainly are not helping, as that's why i dropped TASM. They're not bad books per se, but they're not what I'm looking for in an Iron Man book. I have no problem with a jokey and carefree Tony, that's his personality either way, it's just that I want to see a bit more of his inner turmoil. Dunno, maybe it's just the Bendis speak, but I just can't get into them, which is a shame, cause I was really looking forward to reading Iron Man stuff 3 times a month. Tony used to be in my Top 10, but now, the books have left such a sour taste in my mouth that he's dropped to 15 or so.

The reason why I'm asking, is because I'm on the verge of dropping some books, and I'd like to hear what fellow Iron Man fans think. Because, like the Doctor Strange book, the masses love it, but the hardcores either despise it or just tolerate it. Personally, I'm still pulling Strange because it's 4.50, in contrast to Iron Man, for whom I'd need about 14 euros. Silver Surfer is getting dropped for sure, and possibly Daredevil. I got all caught up in the hype and added it, but I went back to read a couple of this vols first issues, and I can't say I loved it. Still, I'm waiting to see if REBIRTH brings something that I'll like, but I'd like a second opinion on the current Iron Man books. Either way, at least in a year or so he'll get a new #1, so maybe that'll be more up my alley.
    I have to admit, I still don't get the same feeling I had when Fraction was on the book. But it's better than Gillen's run imo. We're still a few issues into Bendis' run so while I'm not fond of the Bendis speak, the story and art have been very good. If he can eliminate that, I'd enjoy it even more.

it's a little slow in some parts and i dont like the art change after issue #5 but it's ok

international iron man might be cool though, i like the idea but the first issue was meh