Page 41 of 232 FirstFirst ... 313738394041424344455191141 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I hope they aren't going with that idea. Ideally Tony should be around 28-29.
    why would he be Peter Parker's age? Tony and Reed's father were colleagues; going by the events of the S.H.I.E.L.D series. they, at least once, talked about their sons. i'm pretty sure that this took place in the 50s (but I could be wrong). now I could see Tony, physically, being 29-30 (because of Heroes Reborn). temporally, he would have to be much older. I don't know how seriously you want to take this, but the talk of age comes up regularly in Astonishing Ant-Man. there are a lot of cracks about Scott being middle-aged. but they also make a point of saying that Henry Pym and Tony Stark are older. Pym and Stark would seem to be peers age-wise. and Pym is, by one handbook account, two decades older than Janet. conservatively, that would put him at 50 years old or approaching it.

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    why would he be Peter Parker's age? Tony and Reed's father were colleagues; going by the events of the S.H.I.E.L.D series. they, at least once, talked about their sons. i'm pretty sure that this took place in the 50s (but I could be wrong). now I could see Tony, physically, being 29-30 (because of Heroes Reborn). temporally, he would have to be much older. I don't know how seriously you want to take this, but the talk of age comes up regularly in Astonishing Ant-Man. there are a lot of cracks about Scott being middle-aged. but they also make a point of saying that Henry Pym and Tony Stark are older. Pym and Stark would seem to be peers age-wise. and Pym is, by one handbook account, two decades older than Janet. conservatively, that would put him at 50 years old or approaching it.
    Because he wouldn't be Peter's age. Peter would be about 24-25.

Peter got his powers at age 15 and 14 years have passed in the Marvel Universe since the debut of the Fantastic Four. Peter therefore is 28-29 years old. Tony Stark is no older than 37, confirmed in the new issue of International Iron Man that's out this week (which is younger than I thought, I always thought he was in his 40s).

I'm starting to wonder how much editorial or Civil War II effected Bendis' Iron Man run.

Going from what it was intended to be (making Iron Man the new flagship Marvel hero) and interviews with Bendis, it seems like he had longer-term plans and ideas for Invincible and International that ultimately never happened.

I think he's outright said in an interview that he was talked into having Riri get a suit earlier then he had planned, and to tie it to a relaunch post-Civil War II. Civil War II seemed to have a massive effect on the title since the whole direction of the book after the first arc seemed to shift completely to setting up the importance of Rhodey's death in the event by focusing on him (to a degree) while also setting up the two Iron Man books that would come out of Civil War II.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Peter got his powers at age 15 and 14 years have passed in the Marvel Universe since the debut of the Fantastic Four. Peter therefore is 28-29 years old. Tony Stark is no older than 37, confirmed in the new issue of International Iron Man that's out this week (which is younger than I thought, I always thought he was in his 40s).
    I'm not doubting you guys. I'm just saying that there is evidence to the contrary in other books. it wouldn't be the first time that an error like this has occurred (see: Brevoort's take on the Pym's age).

note the dates on the headstone:

from Brevoort's page
    http://brevoortformspring.tumblr.com...-of-an-old-man

There’s a line in one of the early Ant-Man stories about Hank being twice Jan’s age. So if she was 18 when they met and she became the Wasp, that would make Hank 36. And since then, around 13 years have passed. So yes, Hank is relatively older than many of the other characters from that era, he’s more a contemporary of Reed Richards and Ben Grimm.

----
    "I've always viewed Hank Pym as kind of an old man anyway, to be honest. So much of his early Avengers behaviour can be viewed as a mid-life crisis (growth formula=sports car), and he only gets older from there, right?"
    Last edited by Michael Watkins; 09-23-2016 at 02:21 PM.

Fantastic Member

Ok I am now confused . I thought the whole reason Tony was adopted was to protect Arno identity from Recorder 451 . Well I will just have to buy issue 1 of Invincible Iron man . Why does Marvel do this ? Like the whole renumbering when they started issue 500 back in volume 6 . So what volume are we on now ? And does Superior count in the series ?
    Last edited by John Keyt; 09-24-2016 at 03:55 PM.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    A secret: Bendis, there is little continuity in mind. What's more, he does not care.

In invincible iron man # 1 in 1964, Tony Stark to years who had lost their parents, he was doctorate and to military demonstrations,. Stark die when Tony is 21, in Iron Man # 1 Tony is minimum 27 years old. It has been almost 14 years, 8 months counting post Secret Wars pre-secret wars was 13-14,, Tony must have minimum 41 years.

Reed Richards is minimum 8 years older than Sue, Sue was a child of 12 when he met a adult Reed, he has about 29-30 in 1963, now has to be 43-45, as Ben Grim, and Victor von Doom. Hank Pym is the oldest, I was about 36-38 in 1964, should now have about 52-54

Peter Parker After 8 months post Secret wars It has to be about to turn 30, now is 29

Tony Stark 41 years old

Sue Storm 36 years old

Reed, Victor and Ben 43-45 years old (but Victor is really much older by the time travel)

Janet van Dyne 33-34 years old

Hank Pym 52-54 years old
    Last edited by bubibartra; 09-24-2016 at 04:40 PM.

iMan 42s

For those blaming Bendis that Tony is in his thirties, sorry but Gillen did it. Bendis is following continuity since this is brought up in Marvel NOW! Iron man #6. Bendis merely filled in the second number.
    Tony should ideally be older but he is going by what Gillen wrote a few years ago. As such the sliding timescale just accounts for this and we can hope that it stays consistent from here on out.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

iMan 42s

Quote Originally Posted by John Keyt View Post
    Ok I am now confused . I thought the whole reason Tony was adopted was to protect Arno identity from Recorder 451 . Well I will just have to buy issue 1 of Invincible Iron man . Why does Marvel do this ? Like the whole renumbering when they started issue 500 back in volume 6 . So what volume are we on now ? And does Superior count in the series ?
    Superior still happened and at some point the inversion was reversed so he is back to his old self. In an issue of Invincible Iron man you can see the Endo-sym armor with a bunch of suits he brought to some children in a hospital. The inversion simply isn't addressed since it's been 8 months since the last we saw him inverted so it's old news in-universe. The adoption angle is still here, it's just been explained how they got Tony.
    -----------------------------------
    For anyone that needs to know why OMD is awful please search the internet for Linkara' s video's specifically his One more day review or his One more day Analysis.

Keep reading. More confusion to come. This adoption thing is a convoluted mess.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Keep reading. More confusion to come. This adoption thing is a convoluted mess.
    Yes it is. The only thing the adoption added is now you can say Tony's adopted.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by Tony Stark View Post
    Yes it is. The only thing the adoption added is now you can say Tony's adopted.
    Unfortunately it looks like this is going to be canon for the for-seeable future.

We're probably stuck with it as long as Bendis is a major creative force in Marvel comics.

So, yeah, foreseeable future .

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    We're probably stuck with it as long as Bendis is a major creative force in Marvel comics.

So, yeah, foreseeable future .
    Sadness enters my heart in this moment of clarity.

Extraordinary Member

Moooooneeeey.