Page 47 of 232 FirstFirst ... 374344454647484950515797147 ... LastLast

Anyway, Yo. Kinda interested in Tony Stark. Got any trades for a beginner?
    Le Suck it, Dolphin!

-God I am so tired.

SCOTT SUMMERS AND EMMA FROST DESERVED BETTER.

Quote Originally Posted by AJpyro View Post
    Anyway, Yo. Kinda interested in Tony Stark. Got any trades for a beginner?
    Extremis by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov would probably be a safe place to start, especially for a more modern Iron Man.

If you can afford it, the Kurt Busiek/Sean Chen omnibus collects their run on the title and it's a pretty awesome run at that .

The Fraction run is another good place to start, and volume 1 is titled "The Five Nightmares."

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    It was the 90's. Practically everybody had a mullet .
    Yeah, it's based on how he looked in the late 80s. Season 1 used shorter hair, his more traditional look.

Extremis by Warren Ellis and Adi Granov would probably be a safe place to start, especially for a more modern Iron Man.

If you can afford it, the Kurt Busiek/Sean Chen omnibus collects their run on the title and it's a pretty awesome run at that .

The Fraction run is another good place to start, and volume 1 is titled "The Five Nightmares."
    I second Extremis and the Busiek/Chen run, haven't read the Fraction stuff but yet but i've only heard good things. One of my personal favorites is the original War Machine story, and then for some other older classics there is Demon in a Bottle, Armor Wars, and Doomquest. For the most recent stuff, the Gillen is just kinda alright with a pointless big retcon, the Superior Iron Man book is fine but not what you really want probably, and avoid all the recent Bendis stuff.

The first issue of Invincible wasn't bad and the idea could work. I just don't trust Bendis to write it well. And do we really need a smug A.I. Tony Stark?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I just don't trust Bendis to write it well. And do we really need a smug A.I. Tony Stark?
    my thoughts as well. it was an alright issue. it would be nice if we could get twelve solid issues and none of them a crosover tie-in.

Quote Originally Posted by Moriarty View Post
    my thoughts as well. it was an alright issue. it would be nice if we could get twelve solid issues and none of them a crosover tie-in.
    12 solid issues that actually meant something and were going somewhere. And I agree, no crossover tie-ins. She just started out being Ironheart. Let her grow into it. If Bendis takes the approach he did with Miles Morales, it would be a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The first issue of Invincible wasn't bad and the idea could work. I just don't trust Bendis to write it well. And do we really need a smug A.I. Tony Stark?
    To the bolded part. At least I we get to see Tony is some form or another. I need my Tony fix lol.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Astonishing Member

Is there any other Tony besides Smug Tony? Besides, I wouldn't have him any other way.

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    Is there any other Tony besides Smug Tony? Besides, I wouldn't have him any other way.
    Pre-RDJ Tony ?

Pre-RDJ Tony ?
    LOL! He was still smug then too.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

Quote Originally Posted by rpmaluki View Post
    He was more cocky than smug.

Pre-RDJ Stark wasn't cocky or smug. He was more like TV Green Arrow: a stoic, somber character whose social life is a mess mainly because he is cold, secretive and manipulative even to those who crave honesty and warmth from him.

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Yeah, it's based on how he looked in the late 80s. Season 1 used shorter hair, his more traditional look.
    Before the age of the goatee?