Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This thread took a weird turn.

Very good speech. I like Williams.

Eh....weird but not surprising. To be honest anti-interracial relationships is a common viewpoint among the very pro black movement. To be honest, I'm surprised it took this long for it to be discussed about in this thread.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    And that's why we can't participate in such claims. We already know what it's like to be painted by a large brush from certain individuals, and we're rightfully fighting against it. To participate in the same behavior that we're trying to fight against is the very essence of hypocrisy.
    I don't think anyone here is doing that.

I think folks just want to see in the media all types of relationships versus a set few.

I mean if you have to count the number of same relationships and it's on one hand at a company like Marvel or DC-something is wrong.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I don't think anyone here is doing that.

I think folks just want to see in the media all types of relationships versus a set few.

I mean if you have to count the number of same relationships and it's on one hand at a company like Marvel or DC-something is wrong.
    Um I've already quoted MoneySpider specifically stating he doesn't agree with interracial relationships, and a few other individuals co-signed. It's far past just wanting to see same race relationships. And seeing as how you can also count interracial relationships with black men on one hand too, (or LGBT) I'd say the issue resorts back to my original problem, the lack of black men in relationships in general.
    Last edited by leo619; 06-27-2016 at 02:34 PM.

DARKSEID LAUGHS... Crazy Diamond's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Im not against interracial dating but its not like brovs are benefiting from this patriarchal society. If anything the black community is more matriarchal than anything.
    Let me ask you a question: Are you a Black woman?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Holt View Post
    This thread took a weird turn.

Very good speech. I like Williams.
    Yeah Jesse brought it.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by JediKage View Post
    Do we have an actual Ankh Brother?
    What's an Ankh Brother?

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    Um I've already quoted MoneySpider specifically stating he doesn't agree with interracial relationships, and a few other individuals co-signed. It's far past just wanting to see same race relationships. And seeing as how you can also count interracial relationships with black men on one hand too, (or LGBT) I'd say the issue resorts back to my original problem, the lack of black men in relationships in general.
    I'm sure I didn't say I was against interracial relationships in real life. I'm sure I said we see a lot of interracial relationships in the media and not enough same race relationships involving Black couples in the Hollywood/TV. And I'm sure I posted where I disagreed with some of Moneyspiders views.
    Last edited by Marvell2100; 06-27-2016 at 03:18 PM.

Today is Mixed Race Day in parts of Brazil

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mixed_Race_Day

Quote Originally Posted by Mr MajestiK View Post
    What's an Ankh Brother?
    Same thing as a hotep, some call them ankhs, some call them hoteps, same thing though.

Invincible Member

This is going to be hard because I am doing it on my phone but I wanted to expand on some things I said earlier.
    Black men definitely have to struggle in America and face unique challenges, but black women have it just as hard (if not worse ). There's dealing with not only racism but also sexist (and if they are gay there's even more issues to confront ).
    There's many female headed households in the black community, a lot of that is the fallout from decades of poverty and the targeting of black men and questionable public policies.

It's not like since the cops shoot more black men, then the women must have it comparably easy.

Quote Originally Posted by CliffHanger2 View Post
    Im not against interracial dating but its not like brovs are benefiting from this patriarchal society. If anything the black community is more matriarchal than anything.
    Very tru...

My fiance just now had to tell me who Jesse Williams even is. Great speech, kinda lost on the Future's and Birdmen of the audience tho.
    Beefing up the old home security, huh?
    You bet yer ass.

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Very tru...
    But that society exists within the larger context of patriarichal America. Black men tend to achieve 'firsts' well ahead of black women, and black women are at the bottom of the social pecking order in broader society, so...

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy Diamond View Post
    Let me ask you a question: Are you a Black woman?
    No are you?

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by 4sake Baned View Post
    Very tru...
    " Shout out to boss bitches wifin bruthas." lol.