7 2.25%
  • Daken

31 9.97%
  • Other (please include below)

41 13.18%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 6 of 43 FirstFirst ... 234567891016 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by dzub View Post
    tiger's beautiful daughter and spider bride died in fraction's defenders right?
    Yes, but that whole run was retconned out of existence. None of it happened.

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    I take it Psylocke doesn't count? lol, I do think being Eurasian is unique and is an extraordinary combination.
    I think she counts, because many non-hardcore fans wouldn't know she isn't Asian original. She's been Asian longer than Caucasian (in comics). I get why others don't count her, but I do; and you should too.

Protect the weak. Darth Phoenix's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kieran_Frost View Post
    I think she counts, because many non-hardcore fans wouldn't know she isn't Asian original. She's been Asian longer than Caucasian (in comics). I get why others don't count her, but I do; and you should too.
    Her wearing an Asian body irratates sum of my Asian friends bit I am used to her current body so I do not care either way.

BANNED

I think it would be different if Psylocke switched bodies as kid or even as a teen. Her switching bodies as an adult solidified her as solely being a white woman in a Asian woman's body due to her never really experiencing what it is like growing up as Asian person. I like Psylocke but she is essentially Just wearing a costume. Outside of her being a ninja when was the last time we actually seen her partaking in Asian culture at all? To me she often times still identifies herself as British. Not only that but artist have on a few occasion drawn her more as a white woman then Asian. Artist error are common but it sometimes makes it more harder to see her as an Asian woman because of that.
    Last edited by Trident; 11-28-2014 at 09:42 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Phoenix View Post
    Her wearing an Asian body irratates sum of my Asian friends bit I am used to her current body so I do not care either way.
    I've not met anyone who is irritated by it in real life; on-line sure. My best friend doesn't care she wasn't Asian originally; but he's not a big comic fan so he's not that interested. For me; I think it does more good for casual fans (who might not even know she wasn't born Asian) than it "harms" hardcore fans. But that's just an assumption, NOT fact.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    I think it would be different if Psylocke switched bodies as kid or even as a teen. Her switching bodies as an adult solidified her as solely being a white woman in a Asian woman's body due to her never really experiencing what it is like growing up as Asian person. I like Psylocke but she is essentially she is just wearing a costume. Outside of her being a ninja when was the last time we actually seen her partaking in Asian culture at all? To me she often times still identifies herself as British. Not only that but artist have on a few occasion drawn her more as a white woman then Asian. Artist error are common but it sometimes makes it more hard to see her as an Asian woman because of that.
    A lot of artist tend to draw Asian Characters as White characters heck a lot of time Black characters either look like white characters with a tan or get their skin bleached.

As for Psylocke, I view her Racebent Stereotype.

Leiko Wu deserves a mention. She held her own and then some in the MoKF series.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Psylocke not being born Asian doesn't bother me, so long as she's drawn Asian-looking.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Leiko Wu deserves a mention. She held her own and then some in the MoKF series.
    Consider her mentioned! ;-)

Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Voted for Jubilee.
    Wondered why Psylocke wasn't there and then I remembered... Started out Caucasian.
    Quote Originally Posted by The General, JLA #38
    'Why?' Just to see the disappointment on your corn-fed, gee-whiz face, Superman. And because a great dark voice on the edge of nothing spoke to me and said you all had to die. There is no 'Why?'

Quote Originally Posted by Project Initiative Cascada View Post
    My favorite characters that happen to be East Asian:

1.) Lady Deathstrike
    2.) Yukio
    3.) Armor
    4.) Karma
    5.) Surge
    6.) Daken

I take it Psylocke doesn't count? lol, I do think being Eurasian is unique and is an extraordinary combination.
    Psyclocke is not EURASIAN, Mike kids are Eurasian, the term means mixed European and Asian ancestry . She is a white character in "yellow-face"

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    By all accounts, Land is also a genuinely nice guy. That can count for quite a bit.
    True, attitude counts for a lot over there at Marvel. And in the work place in general, I suppose. ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Mikekerr3 View Post
    Psyclocke is not EURASIAN, Mike kids are Eurasian, the term means mixed European and Asian ancestry . She is a white character in "yellow-face"
    Yeah, the use of "Eurasian" bothered me there, too, as someone who does have mixed European and Asian ancestry. I don't go as far as to consider Asian Psylocke as "yellow-face," though... she just happened to body jump into an Asian body. I guess what happened to the original owner of the body sucks, though, lol.

---------------------------------

Source: http://bloody-disgusting.com/news/32...rs-undercover/
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

I swear, I've never been so conflicted with a character like I am with Psylocke. I absolutely love the character and have for years. I love her look and her being an "Asian" character. But that said, I find her being a white woman inside of an Asian body to be rather offensive at the same time given that people want to use her as a representative of an Asian character and diversity when in actuality she is anything but. The term of her being a representation of "yellow face" I find to be rather correct. I go so back and forth with her. If she's to be portrayed in other mediums, I'd have to be born as an Asian woman to be honest.

Psycloke is as asian as Xavin and Beta Ray Bill are black.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I swear, I've never been so conflicted with a character like I am with Psylocke. I absolutely love the character and have for years. I love her look and her being an "Asian" character. But that said, I find her being a white woman inside of an Asian body to be rather offensive at the same time given that people want to use her as a representative of an Asian character and diversity when in actuality she is anything but. The term of her being a representation of "yellow face" I find to be rather correct. I go so back and forth with her. If she's to be portrayed in other mediums, I'd have to be born as an Asian woman to be honest.

I find this opinion odd because race is a set of physical traits. You don't have a white soul or a black soul or epincanthic-folds soul. If you have those physical traits, you are that race.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    I think yellow face was the intent of the move. After the Mandarin and the yellow claw I don't think Marvel has any slack at all left in that area