Page 29 of 30 FirstFirst ... 19252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Avengers #177 Nov 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 10 of 10 - "The Hope...and the Slaughter!" Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    This is it! The earth-shattering conclusion to the Korvac Saga!
    No less than 21 super-heroes bravely attack the cosmic-powered Michael (aka Korvac)!
    However, as the ferocious battle rages, the Avengers' and Guardians' casualties mount.

Nikki, Quicksilver, and Yellowjacket are among the first to fall.
    And after Michael knocks out Black Panther and Captain Mar-Vell, the hope for victory gives way to despair.
    But an inspiring counter-attack by Captain America and Wonder Man

buys Iron Man, Starhawk, Thor and the Vision just enough time for one final push!

Will this be the Avengers' finest hour? Or perhaps their final hour? Truly an epic issue!

Script by Jim Shooter. Pencils by Dave Wenzel. Inks by Pablo Marcos and Ricardo Villamonte.
    Greatest Avengers story ever. I was a kid when I first read this and was blown away.

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Avengers #177 Nov 1978
    The Korvac Saga: Part 10 of 10 - "The Hope...and the Slaughter!" Guest-starring Captain Mar-Vell, Ms. Marvel and the Guardians of the Galaxy.
    This is it! The earth-shattering conclusion to the Korvac Saga!
    No less than 21 super-heroes bravely attack the cosmic-powered Michael (aka Korvac)!
    However, as the ferocious battle rages, the Avengers' and Guardians' casualties mount.

Nikki, Quicksilver, and Yellowjacket are among the first to fall.
    And after Michael knocks out Black Panther and Captain Mar-Vell, the hope for victory gives way to despair.
    But an inspiring counter-attack by Captain America and Wonder Man

buys Iron Man, Starhawk, Thor and the Vision just enough time for one final push!

Will this be the Avengers' finest hour? Or perhaps their final hour? Truly an epic issue!

Script by Jim Shooter. Pencils by Dave Wenzel. Inks by Pablo Marcos and Ricardo Villamonte.
    I know that they wanted to portray the Avengers as wrong through the eyes of Moondragon but they weren't wrong. Michael want to take chaos out of the universe but that wouldn't have been right.

Avengers #10/700 sold 77,715 copies, placing it #9 for the month of November. It beat two issues of Justice League, two issues of Fantastic Four, and the second and third issues of Uncanny X-Men.
    Black Order #1, which spun out of No Surrender, sold 32,532 copies.
    West Coast Avengers #4 out 22,984 copies.

Looks like Aaron is beginning to hit his stride with his latest issues.

The big question has to be what's going on with Coulson and who was in the chair.

I thought that there would have been a reveal at the end but I guess not.

And he's writing Thor as a block head.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Looks like Aaron is beginning to hit his stride with his latest issues.

The big question has to be what's going on with Coulson and who was in the chair.

I thought that there would have been a reveal at the end but I guess not.

there was a lot in this issue I found irritating not just thor

I'm losing my patience with this run to be honest

Extraordinary Member

Greatest Avengers story ever. I was a kid when I first read this and was blown away.
    I'm pretty sure they will make a film version of this, at some point.

I thought EMH did a good job adapting the story (but, really, EMH did a good job with practically everything).

I don't really get how Aaron's writing Thor these days. He didn't write him like this at all pre-Unworthy, unless we're talking young Thor, but the point of that was that Thor grew out of acting like his younger self.

One of the FCBD comics for 2019 will be Avengers.
    Appreciation Thread Indexes
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    One of the FCBD comics for 2019 will be Avengers.
    I'm guessing it will probably be more setup for War of the Realms.

WOTR will have already started. The solicit does mention a special guest, so I wonder if the issue will feature the repowering of Jane Foster?
    Marvel | Spider-Man | X-Men | NEW!! DC Comics | Batman | Superman | Wonder Woman

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I'm guessing it will probably be more setup for War of the Realms.
    As War of the Realms starts in April and FCBD is in May, I would say no.

Likely it will have Aaron setting up a big Avengers storyline for the summer or fall.

Can't rule WOTR out - Secret Empire had already started before FCBD 2017 and still got an FCBD issue (that one was originally announced as Spider-Man plus secret, and turned out to be Secret Empire and Spectacular Spider-Man).
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2018 at 02:24 AM.

BANNED

Can't rule WOTR out - Secret Empire had already started before FCBD 2017 and still got an FCBD issue (that one was originally announced as Spider-Man plus secret, and turned out to be Secret Empire and Spectacular Spider-Man).
    Possibly. But I think WOTR has had enough build-up that it's not going to need an additional boost on FCBD.

Also, I think if it was WOTR related, it'd be labelled as either specifically that or as a Thor issue.

And I also would think that Aaron has enough balls in the air in Avengers that he's going to be headed towards something particularly big in that title by next summer/fall.

Could be a new third book, not necessarily Aaron. We only have his and West Coast right now. Could be that Young Avengers relaunch that they accidentally blurted out at NYCC and Bleeding Cool reported? Or it could be a follow up to Avengers No Road Home, which will be over by then.

Also, Thor will relaunch after War of the Realms, so advertising it as Thor would bring to mind that, not the event. So it would make sense to advertise it as Avengers. I'm not saying it is WOTR though, only that it's possible.
    Last edited by Digifiend; 12-18-2018 at 07:14 AM.

BANNED

Could be a new third book, not necessarily Aaron. We only have his and West Coast right now. Could be that Young Avengers relaunch that they accidentally blurted out at NYCC and Bleeding Cool reported? Or it could be a follow up to Avengers No Road Home, which will be over by then.
    Any of those could be true. Many possibilities!