Page 7 of 30 FirstFirst ... 3456789101117 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Has Operation: Galactic Storm been collected yet?
    Yes. There were a couple of TPBs collecting the whole adventure and a couple of What Ifs related to it a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Gala...galactic+storm
    https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Gala...RTJTJG1F5WDCSS

And it seems Marvel is going to make the whole saga it's first Epic Collection of the Harras/Epting era.

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Epic...galactic+storm

Peace

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    Yes. There were a couple of TPBs collecting the whole adventure and a couple of What Ifs related to it a few years ago.

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Gala...galactic+storm
    https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Gala...RTJTJG1F5WDCSS

And it seems Marvel is going to make the whole saga it's first Epic Collection of the Harras/Epting era.

https://www.amazon.com/Avengers-Epic...galactic+storm

Peace
    Thanks for the info.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks for the info.
    No prob.

Peace

Astonishing Member Ken Ashcroft's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Hercules, the Lion of Olympus?
    Well done. Hercules was the second Avenger to know that Thor was Blake.

I was actually going to cheat and say Jane Foster was the first.

Astonishing Member

Just a reminder to look forward to Next Week's Comic with appearances of any Avengers Teams, via these Preview Pages of......

THE AVENGERS #5.1

SPIDER-WOMAN #17 {Series' Finale}.

A CBR article about the Kree-Skrull War:
    http://www.cbr.com/kree-skrull-war-f...comics-events/

Forty-five years after its publication, “The Kree-Skrull War” remains one of the definitive arcs in the history of Marvel Comics. Thomas set the stage for longer story arcs at Marvel; while he was writing “The Kree Skull War,” he also scripted the six-issue “Daredevil” arc, “Mr. Kline War,” the story of a robot assassin from 12,000 years in the future that ran from issues 78 to 84, and crossed over into “Iron Man” (issues 41-45) and “Submariner” #42.
    At the conclusion of the “Kree-Skrull War,” three of the founding Avengers (Thor, Captain America and Iron Man) returned, leading to one of the most popular lineups in the title’s history. The “Captain Marvel” solo title was also revived at Issue 22. Six months later, Jim Starlin began his legendary run in Issue 25. The next eight issues saw Mar-Vell take on Thanos in a story that would establish the Mad Titan as one of the greatest villains in the Marvel Universe. In Issue 34, Mar-Vell faced off against Nitro, in a battle that gave him the cancer that would kill him in Starlin’s 1982 graphic novel “The Death of Captain Marvel.”
    More than a decade later, Marvel Editor-in-Chief Jim Shooter would build on the template created by Thomas in 1971. The year-long “Secret Wars” limited series debuted in May of 1984, with a cosmic entity called the Beyonder transporting heroes and villains to a distant galaxy and forcing them to fight each other on an artificial planet he created, called Battleworld. “Secret Wars” replicated the formula, and the expanded scale, of “The Kree-Skrull War.” It was a separate title, rather than an extended storyline in an existing series, and it crossed over with other ongoing Marvel titles. It was the first of what we now know as comic book events.

With the announced return to legacy numbering, I hope that Avengers and Uncanny Avengers return to their original numbering. Avengers #6 should be #587 overall, and Uncanny Avengers #22 should be #52.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    With the announced return to legacy numbering, I hope that Avengers and Uncanny Avengers return to their original numbering. Avengers #6 should be #587 overall, and Uncanny Avengers #22 should be #52.
    Avengers will for sure.

Only question is what number they'll actually go to, as they could viably add both the Bendis 2004-2010 New Avengers volume and the Waid 2015-2016 ANAD Avengers volume to that tally. Adding ANAD's 15 issues alone would tip them past that 600 milestone.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Only question is what number they'll actually go to, as they could viably add both the Bendis 2004-2010 New Avengers volume and the Waid 2015-2016 ANAD Avengers volume to that tally. Adding ANAD's 15 issues alone would tip them past that 600 milestone.
    New Avengers really shouldn't be added to the tally. It was a different animal and it was even published concurrently with another volume of Avengers, both by Bendis. Same way you are not going to tally West Coast Avengers or Avengers the Innitiative to it. A shame that, by that rule. Mighty Avengers (by Bendis and Slott) cannot be counted also, since it was the most Avengery book around for a certain period.

Peace

Astonishing Member legion_quest's Avatar

Wouldnt be surprised to see Marvel do it anyway though. Anything to get to Avengers 1000 concurrently with whatever DC are doing to get to that number for Batman and Superman
    I will raise my throne above the Stars of God

Quote Originally Posted by Nomads1 View Post
    New Avengers really shouldn't be added to the tally. It was a different animal and it was even published concurrently with another volume of Avengers, both by Bendis.
    No it wasn't. The 2010-2012 run was, but not the run I was talking about.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    No it wasn't. The 2010-2012 run was, but not the run I was talking about.
    And that's the one I used to make my point. However, even the first one was, at some point, published concurrently with Mighty Avengers, a book that was much more an Avengers book in the classic sense (Earth Mightiest Heroes) than New, and I don't think either book should be included in the tally (even if I recally vividly that vol. 1 of Avengers had Mighty Avengers as the title during part of it's run (around the #250's they changed the lettering of the heading, and carried it on for a couple of years, before changing it back to the all-time classic 70's style). However, at this point, it's pure conjecture as to how they'll proceed.

Peace

My preference would be to add the runs Busiek started along with Hickman's and pick up after TRO.

So any guesses as to what the "Legacy" Avengers roster will entail? At least for the main team?

I'm curious to see how many of the returning mainstays or newcomers will make up the group, though there's probably a good chance we'll have more then one Avengers book.