Page 122 of 134 FirstFirst ... 2272112118119120121122123124125126132 ... LastLast
Results 1,816 to 1,830 of 2008
    BANNED

Captain America #5 May 1998
    Power and Glory: Part 1 of 3. "Credibility Gap!" Guest-starring the Avengers.
    For years the criminal organization known as Hydra has plagued the free world with their constant attempts at world domination.

Well Cap is down right tired of it. Now, with the Avengers by his side, the Sentinel of Liberty is taking the fight to his tenacious enemies,

and he plans to end Hydra's reign of terror once and for all. Plus, learn the true identity of Hydra's new leader.

Story by Mark Waid. Art by Ron Garney, John Beatty and Andy Smith.

On the letters page of Domino #3 this question was asked:

B.) Will we see Diamondback and Captain America reunite?

and the answer was:

2) I can't say. But yes.

I am looking forward to some Cap-Diamondback interaction.

Quote Originally Posted by Witchfan View Post
    On the letters page of Domino #3 this question was asked:

B.) Will we see Diamondback and Captain America reunite?

and the answer was:

2) I can't say. But yes.

I am looking forward to some Cap-Diamondback interaction.
    Oh, that's great! It will be good to see Steve and Rachel interact again. I did not care for what Spencer did with Rachel in Sam's book, considering Rachel's past it seemed cliche, a mite bit sexist, and horrible.

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Oh, that's great! It will be good to see Steve and Rachel interact again. I did not care for what Spencer did with Rachel in Sam's book, considering Rachel's past it seemed cliche, a mite bit sexist, and horrible.
    so what went on with Diamondback?

what new villains will be seen in the new series relaunch?

where will Steve be based out of? Will he be living out of his van and traveling cross-country again?

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyle View Post
    so what went on with Diamondback?

what new villains will be seen in the new series relaunch?

where will Steve be based out of? Will he be living out of his van and traveling cross-country again?
    Sam ran into her again. She was living with a guy who died (I think cancer? Trying to remember) was left with a slew of medical bills, became a stripper to pay them off, then was suduced back to crime. I thought the entire thing... tasteless, particularly given Diamondback’s past. But that wasn’t the only female portrayal I thought Spencer showed zero class when writing so there’s that.

trente-et-un/treize responsarbre's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by capandkirby View Post
    Sam ran into her again. She was living with a guy who died (I think cancer? Trying to remember) was left with a slew of medical bills, became a stripper to pay them off, then was suduced back to crime. I thought the entire thing... tasteless, particularly given Diamondback’s past. But that wasn’t the only female portrayal I thought Spencer showed zero class when writing so there’s that.
    I was almost a fan of the idea of using Rachel to try and write a realistic and sympathetic portrayal of a sex worker, but Spencer kind of undercut that by also having her go bad. Then again, I think Spencer undercutting his own ideas is probably the grand theme of his run on Captain America.

I just read the Castaway in Dimension Z storyline and it was amazing!

I was so gutted when Ian was killed though, I really liked the character and I loved his relationship with Steve. It was nice when they revealed his ghost lived on though.

Quote Originally Posted by FreshGuy View Post
    I just read the Castaway in Dimension Z storyline and it was amazing!

I was so gutted when Ian was killed though, I really liked the character and I loved his relationship with Steve. It was nice when they revealed his ghost lived on though.
    Yeah, I thought Ian and Jet were good supporting characters to keep around.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    I was almost a fan of the idea of using Rachel to try and write a realistic and sympathetic portrayal of a sex worker,
    oh you think Spencer didn't fully show the "glory" of being a sex worker? she was just trying to make some fast money.

Quote Originally Posted by responsarbre View Post
    but Spencer kind of undercut that by also having her go bad. Then again, I think Spencer undercutting his own ideas is probably the grand theme of his run on Captain America.
    she went bad because life had kicked her in the face one time too many. her job had nothing to do with it.

Extraordinary Member

Do folks really believe Cap was wrong?

http://community.comicbookresources....s-right/page14
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    Where is that from?
    If ten years of recording The Young and the Restless for my mother have taught me anything, it's that characters in serial dramas are always happily in love...until they're not

“The very powerful and the very stupid have one thing in common. Instead of altering their views to fit the facts, they alter the facts to fit their views...which can be very uncomfortable if you happen to be one of the facts that needs altering.” - the 4th Doctor

Quote Originally Posted by brettc1 View Post
    Where is that from?
    https://www.cbr.com/how-captain-amer...ozen-70-years/

Incredible Member