Page 46 of 134 FirstFirst ... 364243444546474849505696 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainLiberty76 View Post
    Hey folks, I just had a thought about how Steve Rogers would be restored to his classic Super Soldier self and thought I'd throw it out to see what others think. First of all, as I understand it, the SSS has been extracted from Steve causing him to become an old man. But, as we know, from the Gruenwald and Waid eras, the SSS can never be completely eliminated from Steve's body. It is NOT a drug, it is more akin to a virus that has altered Steve down to the molecular levels, his very cells have been (for lack of a better term) 'transformed' to the pinnacle of human potential--resistant to sickness, fatigue, and to aging. So, my thought is this, over time the SSS will begin to regenerate within Steve's system to the point that he will begin to gradually de-age, or age in reverse, until he returns to his optimum point where he was first transformed. This would take time, allowing opportunity for FalCap to continue to carry the shield, and it would be, I think, a way to tell new stories with the classic character as he progresses through this reverse-aging process. The stories would be phenomenal as Steve ever so slowly begins to realize what is happening and having to deal that short of a cataclysmic event (like being KIA), he is virtually an immortal or at least exceptionally long-lived. Well, That's just my thoughts, what does everyone think? Does this concept have some sort of potential? Let me know.
    That's essentially what I think will happen as well. Steve's body will gradually begin to replenish the super soldier serum and he'll go back to the Steve we all know and love. It's just going to be a while. I thought it would be after Secret Wars, but with the release All New! All Different! Avengers which will be after Secret Wars, Falcon is still Cap. So while it's possible that he still could and be like Commander Rogers, it would then pretty much be Brubaker's run all over again. But I'm pretty sure he'll get it by the time Captain America: Civil War comes around.
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Hey all, just wondering if one of you could help me with something. I was wondering if anyone had the description of Captain America from the Wizard Magazine special of Earth X (which was later made into a separate Earth X sketch book.) The reason I ask is because that description of Cap really inspired me to become a Captain America fan. It went something along the lines that Cap's super-soldier serum protected him from the release of the Terrigen Mists, making him one of the only real humans left on Earth X. To me, hearing that description was cool, mainly because it showed how this old piece of tech from the 1940s still played a prominent role in Steve's life. In a world of drastic change, Steve was the one constant.

In any case, the page looks something like this:

Can't read it from here, since the image is too small. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    "I am a man of peace."

"A man of peace...who fights like ten tigers."

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post
    Hey all, just wondering if one of you could help me with something. I was wondering if anyone had the description of Captain America from the Wizard Magazine special of Earth X (which was later made into a separate Earth X sketch book.) The reason I ask is because that description of Cap really inspired me to become a Captain America fan. It went something along the lines that Cap's super-soldier serum protected him from the release of the Terrigen Mists, making him one of the only real humans left on Earth X. To me, hearing that description was cool, mainly because it showed how this old piece of tech from the 1940s still played a prominent role in Steve's life. In a world of drastic change, Steve was the one constant.

Can't read it from here, since the image is too small. Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    I've tried, but can't find anything. I have been able to find this though, I hope it helps...
    I hope I shall possess firmness and virtue enough to maintain what I consider the most enviable of all titles, the character of an honest man.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by Tien Long View Post

A lot of these sketches were included in the Earth X trade and may include the descriptions. I remember there were lengthy descriptions like in that picture you provided. I'll have to check for you later when I get home though.

Earth X Cap was awesome.

Hey folks, I just had a thought about how Steve Rogers would be restored to his classic Super Soldier self and thought I'd throw it out to see what others think. First of all, as I understand it, the SSS has been extracted from Steve causing him to become an old man. But, as we know, from the Gruenwald and Waid eras, the SSS can never be completely eliminated from Steve's body. It is NOT a drug, it is more akin to a virus that has altered Steve down to the molecular levels, his very cells have been (for lack of a better term) 'transformed' to the pinnacle of human potential--resistant to sickness, fatigue, and to aging. So, my thought is this, over time the SSS will begin to regenerate within Steve's system to the point that he will begin to gradually de-age, or age in reverse, until he returns to his optimum point where he was first transformed. This would take time, allowing opportunity for FalCap to continue to carry the shield, and it would be, I think, a way to tell new stories with the classic character as he progresses through this reverse-aging process. The stories would be phenomenal as Steve ever so slowly begins to realize what is happening and having to deal that short of a cataclysmic event (like being KIA), he is virtually an immortal or at least exceptionally long-lived. Well, That's just my thoughts, what does everyone think? Does this concept have some sort of potential? Let me know.
    That theory is so good it deserves a No-Prize. Check your mailbox.

More Captain America pics...

tribute_to_captain_america_by_mugen_shamploo-d8l6vks.jpg
    Kind of reminds me of the 40's recruitment posters I see on movies and tv shows.

captain_america_by_giulia619-d8lydof.jpg
    This is a piece buy guilia619 at deviantart.com

captain_america__badass_by_blitzthunderbolt-d8mkr01.jpg
    You can NEVER post this enough!!!!
    - George Washington

Spectacular Member CaptainLiberty76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That theory is so good it deserves a No-Prize. Check your mailbox.
    Thanks Marvell2100, I really think that this could have some considerable story potential for Steve. I mean, imagine how you would feel if you were to come to realize that you were not only a 'Man Out of Time' from a couple of generations prior, but due to the SSS you would be likely to outlive the majority of your friends, even many of those who are much, much younger than you. Dealing with one's own mortality is difficult enough, but flip the coin, how about dealing with virtual IMmortality? For a man like Steve, it could be daunting.

Thanks again for the No-Prize suggestion, I'm sure that No-Editor, No-Writer and No-Artist at Marvel will get it to me in No-Time and in No-Way will I lack in No-Thing!

Thanks Marvell2100, I really think that this could have some considerable story potential for Steve. I mean, imagine how you would feel if you were to come to realize that you were not only a 'Man Out of Time' from a couple of generations prior, but due to the SSS you would be likely to outlive the majority of your friends, even many of those who are much, much younger than you. Dealing with one's own mortality is difficult enough, but flip the coin, how about dealing with virtual IMmortality? For a man like Steve, it could be daunting.

Thanks again for the No-Prize suggestion, I'm sure that No-Editor, No-Writer and No-Artist at Marvel will get it to me in No-Time and in No-Way will I lack in No-Thing!
    For what is worth. This has been touched upon, first, I believe, in the mini-series Captain America: Hail Hydra, and most recently in the Captain America: Castaway in Dimension Z arc by Remender. He spent twelve year there and when he came back to 616, hadn't even aged a day, but his uniform was carbon dated to have, in fact, aged twelve years. So you maybe on to something.
    - George Washington

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    For what is worth. This has been touched upon, first, I believe, in the mini-series Captain America: Hail Hydra, and most recently in the Captain America: Castaway in Dimension Z arc by Remender. He spent twelve year there and when he came back to 616, hadn't even aged a day, but his uniform was carbon dated to have, in fact, aged twelve years. So you maybe on to something.
    Yep, now if only Remender would REMEMBER that little detail and start weaving it into the fabric of the overall story. Remender's story has been somewhat intriguing, but I yearn for the days of Waid and Garney, as well as, Brubaker and Epting and Lark. Those were some of the best stories in Cap's history. But, you know what I would love? Just ONE more issue of Cap with a classic Steranko cover and art; THAT would thrill my red, white and blue soul beyond imagination! Hey, a guy can dream can't he?

Yep, now if only Remender would REMEMBER that little detail and start weaving it into the fabric of the overall story. Remender's story has been somewhat intriguing, but I yearn for the days of Waid and Garney, as well as, Brubaker and Epting and Lark. Those were some of the best stories in Cap's history. But, you know what I would love? Just ONE more issue of Cap with a classic Steranko cover and art; THAT would thrill my red, white and blue soul beyond imagination! Hey, a guy can dream can't he?
    I wouldn't count Remender out yet, when it comes to Steve regaining his SSS, he has to have a plan. Surely he doesn't think Sam would be Cap forever. And, IMO, Brubaker's and Epting's run is the best Cap run, followed very closely by Waid and Garney. Remender's run is so far pretty good, to me at least. I really liked Castaway in Dimension Z, and the Nuke arc. A Steranko cover would be awesome! Plus...who doesn't love saying that name? STERANKO!
    - George Washington

I wouldn't count Remender out yet, when it comes to Steve regaining his SSS, he has to have a plan. Surely he doesn't think Sam would be Cap forever. And, IMO, Brubaker's and Epting's run is the best Cap run, followed very closely by Waid and Garney. Remender's run is so far pretty good, to me at least. I really liked Castaway in Dimension Z, and the Nuke arc. A Steranko cover would be awesome! Plus...who doesn't love saying that name? STERANKO!
    Yes, here' hoping Remender remembers that Steve did NOT age in D-Z, and that the SSS has altered his cells down to the molecular level. Like you, tg1982, I think Remender does have a plan, FalCap is around for the present, but not the long-term. And yes, if Marvel is on their game they ought to invite Steranko (and YES, I love saying the name!!); they ought to invitr Steranko to return and do a few covers for the characters he had a hand in drawing in those woebegone days of yesteryear. That would be Fury, Captain America, X-Men, Hulk (the cover he did is constantly homaged). It would be outstanding if he would consent to do a few variant covers (and while they're at it, bring Brunner back for a Dr. Strange piece along with a Howard the Duck). Now THAT would be cause for celebration!!

Is anyone going to get the Avengers Millennium series?

AVENMILL2015001-DC11-a6141.jpg
    - George Washington

Yes, here' hoping Remender remembers that Steve did NOT age in D-Z, and that the SSS has altered his cells down to the molecular level. Like you, tg1982, I think Remender does have a plan, FalCap is around for the present, but not the long-term.
    Only time will tell. But I'm not too worried, Steve will come back probably around Captain America: Civil War, and if not at least we'll get a kick-ass movie.

And yes, if Marvel is on their game they ought to invite Steranko (and YES, I love saying the name!!); they ought to invite Steranko to return and do a few covers for the characters he had a hand in drawing in those woebegone days of yesteryear. That would be Fury, Captain America, X-Men, Hulk (the cover he did is constantly homaged). It would be outstanding if he would consent to do a few variant covers (and while they're at it, bring Brunner back for a Dr. Strange piece along with a Howard the Duck). Now THAT would be cause for celebration!!
    I agree completely.
    - George Washington

Only time will tell. But I'm not too worried, Steve will come back probably around Captain America: Civil War, and if not at least we'll get a kick-ass movie.

Most certainly...but, like you I think Steve will be Cap again just around the time of the movie. After all, as good as BuckyCap was and FalCap is...it is Steve Rogers who IS and EVER SHALL BE Captain America!!

I agree completely.
    Yeah, Marvel needs to respect their roots and those who helped them get the foothold in the popular culture and the public eye that they enjoy today. After all, any of us are only the result of those who have come before us.

By the way, tg1982, the Washington quote is beyond awesome and one I agree with 1,000,000%. I salute you, sir.

Yeah, Marvel needs to respect their roots and those who helped them get the foothold in the popular culture and the public eye that they enjoy today. After all, any of us are only the result of those who have come before us.

By the way, tg1982, the Washington quote is beyond awesome and one I agree with 1,000,000%. I salute you, sir.
    Thanks. George Washington is one of my favorite people in history, and this quote just speaks to the character of the man.
    - George Washington