Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by autbey View Post
    I learned that I am no longer Marvel's target audience and that they will never stop trying to bring in movie fans as readers despite the fact that sales clearly show that it doesn't work.
    As long as the characters ring true (despite costume changes) and the comics are good I don't care if they go chasing movie fans. They don't need a big percentage of them to make a huge impact on sales, I'd rather they kept trying until they succeeded if only to selfishly see them keep publishing the comics I love.

I learned Ms. Marvel has been one of the best things to come out of Marvel in a long time .

I learned the certain lengths Marvel will go to create movie synergy and how much it annoys me .

I learned that the quality of Marvel's events have been decreasing at an exponential rate and that Secret War will probably be the last one I ever buy.

I learned Marvel will do fun, enjoyable books that includes some great solo series and team books but that they'll often get cancelled by 12 issues and be forced to deal with the Current event at the time.

I learned that there isn't really any direction for the X-Books right now, but that they have some great solo books at least .

I learned that Dan Slott might prefer writing Doc Ock as Spidey than he does Peter as Spidey. Or at least, writes the former as more dynamic than the latter.

I learned that Spider-Verse is cool and has lead to some great stories as well as introducing some very interesting characters (Gwen Stacy as Spider-Woman for one).

I learned that Marvel is willing to diversify their comic lineup with more female solos and even in the cases for their top-tier characters like in the case of FalCap and the female Thor.

I learned that it's tough being Iron Man in the MU.

I learned that hero vs. hero is still going strong for some of the main books of the MU...and Avengers vs. X-Men to a certain extent.

I learned that Marvel's live-action movie lineup is pretty strong and quite impressive, and probably a lot more stable than DC's...
    Last edited by Frontier; 12-29-2014 at 06:23 PM.

Amazing Member

Same old characters?

Clearly you have not read Hawkeye, She-Hulk, the Edmondson Punisher and Black Widow, Fantastic Faux (w/ Scott Lang Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa, and Ms. Thing), Nova, Moon Knight, All-New Ghost Rider. All these books are kicking ass and these are characters that rarely share the limelight (ok, Punisher aside... and Black Widow). But, hey, Frank Castle now has a personality! It's a fun read.

Quote Originally Posted by macicenuke View Post
    Same old characters?

Clearly you have not read Hawkeye, She-Hulk, the Edmondson Punisher and Black Widow, Fantastic Faux (w/ Scott Lang Ant-Man, She-Hulk, Medusa, and Ms. Thing), Nova, Moon Knight, All-New Ghost Rider. All these books are kicking ass and these are characters that rarely share the limelight (ok, Punisher aside... and Black Widow). But, hey, Frank Castle now has a personality! It's a fun read.
    Hawkeye is definitely a good read along with the New Thor, Superior Iron Man and Mighty Avengers.

What I learned this year:

It's time for me to move on. All the titles I used to buy religiously have been dropped from my pull list. I've tried a lot of the new books but none of them stuck. Most of my reading enjoyment is now provided by Image so it's off there I go.

I'll doubtless try the odd book going forward if they peak my interest but apart from that I'm out.