Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spectacular Member

Default Anyone love Tony Stark's line in the Avenger movie?

Remember when Captain American asked Tony what he is without the suit? Tony told him he is a rich successful business man (or something like that). There was a smile on my face when he said that.

Was that a way to tell some comic fans (the ones who hate on Iron Man) to suck it? It feels like it's one of those "take that" lines. How many of you guys use that clip when someone trash talk Iron Man?
    Last edited by DCCoolness; 01-09-2015 at 01:42 AM.

BANNED

"Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." That was the line. Tony in the movie is much more like able than Tony in the comics. He can be a bit of a dick.

I love movie Stark! Much better character than comic Stark.

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

That line was pure gold.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    "Genius, billionaire, playboy, philanthropist." That was the line. Tony in the movie is much more like able than Tony in the comics. He can be a bit of a dick.
    Oh, Tony in the films is a **** too, it just sounds a lot more charming live than it does in print.

Kidding.

Great line the first time I heard it. But after the 100th time I really wanted Steve to shout "Alcoholic!"

I think I'm the only one who finds MCU Stark incredibly annoying and a bit of a Mary Sue.
    Last edited by Of Atlantis; 01-09-2015 at 07:10 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Prince Of Orphans View Post
    Great line the first time I heard it. But after the 100th time I really wanted Steve to shout "Alcoholic!"

I think I'm the only one who finds MCU Stark incredibly annoying and a bit of a Mary Sue.
    MCU Stark is a bit of a diva and can be a bit exasperating at times, but he's still awesome. Comic book Tony was a total dick in the civil war. I prefer the movie version.

Quote Originally Posted by DCCoolness View Post
    Remember when Captain American asked Tony what he is without the suit? Tony told him he is a rich successful business man (or something like that). There was a smile on my face when he said that.

Was that a way to tell some comic fans (the ones who hate on Iron Man) to suck it? It feels like it's one of those "take that" lines. How many of you guys use that clip when someone trash talk Iron Man?
    I don't think it was anything directed at comic readers. It's something who's extremely confident bordering on narcissistic would say.

Comic Tony isn't a dick. He just has mostly been written wrong since Civil War. The Knauf's wrote him correctly but they were given a specific setting for Stark (Director of SHIELD) to deal with. Busiek's run is one of my favourite all time runs and you can see what a great character he is when he's written correctly.

Boisterously Confused

MCU Stark is a bit of a diva and can be a bit exasperating at times, but he's still awesome. Comic book Tony was a total dick in the civil war. I prefer the movie version.
    The two are likely to converge on the next Cap film

Incredible Member

The line I don't get is the one that Stark delivers to Loki that ends, "Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it!".

If they couldn't protect the Earth doesn't that mean the Earth is destroyed or they're dead? Where are they going to avenge it from, Stark has a space station they can launch an attack or as ghosts from the Afterlife?

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Toreador View Post
    The line I don't get is the one that Stark delivers to Loki that ends, "Because if we can't protect the Earth, you can be damned well sure we'll avenge it!".

If they couldn't protect the Earth doesn't that mean the Earth is destroyed or they're dead? Where are they going to avenge it from, Stark has a space station they can launch an attack or as ghosts from the Afterlife?
    I think he was mainly promising Loki that they were not going to let him survive to enjoy the fruits of his conquest attempt if it looked like it was going to be successful, even if it meant they had to break off from defending the populace to Kamikaze him. Preemptive avenging if you like.

Extraordinary Member John Ossie's Avatar

Actually I prefer the ''We have a Hulk'' line in the film personally.

Sad that the Civil Shi- I mean Civil War movie is gonna bring him to 616 levels of scumbag.

They may try to make film Stark massively iredeemable in Civil War.