Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Astonishing Member

For the inevitable relaunch/revamp, some creative team thoughts....

I'd like to see a writer with a strong emotional core, above all. Scale is much less important for a JSA book than it is for a Justice League or Legion book; like Teen Titans, its much more defined by the emotional relationships and underpinnings of the title.

To that end, I'd like to see Jeff Lemire move off of JLU - for which he is ill suited - and onto a JSA/Earth 2 book (I'd like to see JLU taken over by someone like Jason Aaron, big bouncy superheroics).

Barring that, I tend to think that Al Ewing is doing a great job on a JSA-style book right now in Mighty Avengers (or at least was in the last volume; haven't really followed it lately).

For artists, my choice for primary is Rags Morales. His style is emotive and classic and clear. Knowing his speed means knowing that you need another secondary artist full time, and Geoff Shaw has a wonderfully illustrative yet modern style.

Post convergence, maybe dc will make all of the pre flashpoint earths available for use in future stories and multiverse stories. Post convergence, maybe the pre flashpoint jsa earth will be available for use. For pre flashpoint jsa, most of the originals were already dead and it looked more like Infinity Inc.
    Last edited by colonyofcells; 01-11-2015 at 05:28 PM.

Spectacular Member

Lemire really can't write team comics, the fact he's doing a decent job on Stormwatch in Futures End is still surprising.

I'd be interested to see Tom King's take, since based on his Grayson work he has respect for the past of characters while being willing to move forward.

Astonishing Member

I think King's work is, generally, a little darker, more psychological and more thematic than I expect from a JLA/JSA style book. There are a lot of books I'd love to see him on, I'm not sure if JSA would be one (though I'm not opposed).

Quote Originally Posted by Nat View Post
    Lemire really can't write team comics, the fact he's doing a decent job on Stormwatch in Futures End is still surprising.

I'd be interested to see Tom King's take, since based on his Grayson work he has respect for the past of characters while being willing to move forward.
    I disagree his JLD was great, the problem is there's too much characters of the bat in JLU so there's just isn't enough panel for them to shine,
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

I wonder if they'll bring back the classic WWII JSA.

BANNED

I'm positing the following:

1. That at the end of Futures End, something will happen to prevent the destruction of Earth 2.
    2. At the end of World's End, we will see effectively the same thing, from a different perspective.

So Earth 2 will not be destroyed, and we'll see how things progress from there.

3. In June, we'll see a new "Earth 2" title (or the title might be different). Possibly as a weekly.

You know, we don't know *exactly* what happened to Earth-2 in the Futures End timeline. We DO know that a bunch of Earth-2 survivors came to Earth-0, and heroes who transitioned included Fate, Hawkgirl, Fury, Power Girl, Tornado, Barda, and Mr. Miracle. We DON'T know what happened to Jay, Alan, Val-Zod, or Bat-Thomas, and probably some others. So it's entirely possible that Earth-2 survived (in bad shape) and those few heroes are still there. But we'll see.

Isn't Lemire working exclusively for Marvel these days?

(I get confused by all these meaningless announcements about writers I don't really care about.)

Quote Originally Posted by MajorHoy View Post

(I get confused by all these meaningless announcements about writers I don't really care about.)
    He's working for Marvel, still writng JLU and Future's End for DC, and creator owned stuff.

As this was the only DC title I was buying, I feel pretty sad. But as many have said the writing was on the wall. Most people are paying attention to what happens in World's End moreso than Earth 2. It really lost it's focus after Bizarro Superman's defeat imo. But I'll follow it to the end in hopes of this group of characters return in some form.

Spectacular Member

Lemire's DC exclusive just ended, so now he's working with a ton of companies. Marvel, Valiant, Dark Horse, Image...

That's Soule after the last 2issues of Swamp Thing
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    That's Soule after the last 2issues of Swamp Thing
    You're gonna make me cry all over again.

BANNED

stormwatch? I think you wanna mean justice league united. But I agree, he is awful with teams
    Last edited by Blacksun; 01-11-2015 at 07:43 PM.