Page 197 of 337 FirstFirst ... 97147187193194195196197198199200201207247297 ... LastLast
Results 2,941 to 2,955 of 5046
    Latverian ambassador Iron Maiden's Avatar

From Marvel's December comics

Infamous Iron Man #3

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #3
    BRIAN MICHAEL BENDIS (W) • ALEX MALEEV (A/C)
    Variant Cover by STEVE EPTING

Some people from Tony Stark’s past have a VERY big problem with Victor Von Doom taking the mantle of Iron Man.
    One of those people is Pepper Potts, a.k.a. Rescue!
    She is back and she is pissed! Where has she been?

For issue #2, the Thing came gunning for him, now Pepper. This might be kind of fun but I hope this isn't a pattern.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Maiden View Post

Infamous Iron Man #3

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #3

Some people from Tony Stark’s past have a VERY big problem with Victor Von Doom taking the mantle of Iron Man.

For issue #2, the Thing came gunning for him, now Pepper. This might be kind of fun but I hope this isn't a pattern.
    .......If it is a pattern; then you can't deny that Doom didn't have it coming {especially from the various MU Heroes} ..!!

Oh hey, Bendis is finally using Pepper .

Though somehow with Bendis penning this, I expect this confrontation, while sensible, will end up making at least one of these two look bad. Though Rescue is at a severe disadvantage with her armor since it was never meant for combat.

Fantastic Member

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by lalalei2001 View Post
    Another excellent example as to why no one should never, ever underestimate Doom; powers or no.

Infamous Iron Man #3

INFAMOUS IRON MAN #3

I'm still not sure about the new look. Or the new posture either, BTW. But it's a nice cover. I also fear the pattern too - they could use it for years : nobody seems very grateful for having been saved from the Beyonders...

Let's hope that at best Doom has a master-plan, that at least it will be fun.

Not as fun as Michelinie's version, probably...

Quote Originally Posted by Abe View Post
    I'm still not sure about the new look. Or the new posture either, BTW. But it's a nice cover. I also fear the pattern too - they could use it for years : nobody seems very grateful for having been saved from the Beyonders...

Let's hope that at best Doom has a master-plan, that at least it will be fun.

Not as fun as Michelinie's version, probably...
    I know, I still am not 100 % on board with Bendis doing this. I think he's spread too thin. A few of these confrontations might be fun but I hope that he has other things to explore with this transformation other than fighting other skeptical heroes. I can see that there would be quite a few that wouldn't trust Victor but there must be some good reason for Tony to step down that should be made known I would think.

As for the new look, now that Pepper is in the frame with him on the cover and then RiRi on her own cover, I think they will start to look like a clone army. Victor's colors are different but I think I would like it better if it had just a touch of medieval influence to harken back to his traditional armor.

BTW, it's nice to see Epting doing some work for Marvel even if it is just a cover. I think he was doing creator owned stuff, maybe with Brubaker?
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-20-2016 at 01:57 PM.

I'm thinking I should start a countdown to the debut of Infamous #1. Those panels from Emperor Doom is giving me the inspiration to pick a Doom moment a day.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    Oh hey, Bendis is finally using Pepper .

Though somehow with Bendis penning this, I expect this confrontation, while sensible, will end up making at least one of these two look bad. Though Rescue is at a severe disadvantage with her armor since it was never meant for combat.
    Maybe there will be some weird way that she wins, like when Hawkeye distracting Doom with sneezing powder back in Avengers #25.

Pepper and MJ hanging around would be a lot ginger around the HQ, wherever that will be now that Stark Tower is rubble.
    Last edited by Iron Maiden; 09-20-2016 at 12:03 PM.

BANNED

I'm really curious how much of a threat Pepper is. I mean, she's got a suit with no offensive capabillities, and Doom is... Doom. I'd prepare for a jobbing showing if I where you...

Quote Originally Posted by Darthkostis View Post
    I'm really curious how much of a threat Pepper is. I mean, she's got a suit with no offensive capabillities, and Doom is... Doom. I'd prepare for a jobbing showing if I where you...
    Maybe Doom will be gallant (or maybe the old French "galant" for Abe) and let her win

Speaking of Doom - he's not on the Avengers after all. Spider-Man replaced him because Bendis told Waid "hands off".

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Speaking of Doom - he's not on the Avengers after all. Spider-Man replaced him because Bendis told Waid "hands off".
    That's funny because Bendis mentions him or Riri possibly being Avengers. I guess RiRi will be.
    I wonder if Bendis read "Unthinkable" and had second thoughts of Waid using Doom

Was this in an article somewhere?

BANNED

Maybe Doom will be gallant (or maybe the old French "galant" for Abe) and let her win
    Could be. Or maybe they just come to an understanding.

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Well, actually, that's pretty good news. I don't need to buy Avengers now, plus, we won't get anymore Unthinkable Doom from Waid. I like him as a writer, but when he doesn't like a character, he absolutely drives him/her into the ground. That, coupled with his distaste of anti-heroes/villains, doesn't bode well for someone like Doom. He's kinda like the Anti Garth Ennis.

That's funny because Bendis mentions him or Riri possibly being Avengers. I guess RiRi will be.
    I wonder if Bendis read "Unthinkable" and had second thoughts of Waid using Doom

Was this in an article somewhere?
    Well, that actually makes me respect Bendis a bit. My faith in this book went up a bit...

Well, Bendis is known to be possessive, for better or worse...

Though Waid not writing Doom as Iron Man probably is a blessing in disguise .

I don't think he's written anything with Doom since Authoritative Action which I always looked at as a suicide by cop story with Doom. He was switching bodies throughout the last issue and then when he ended up in the Thing's body, he had grabbed Johnny and was breaking his bones, taunting Reed to kill them both. Which he did. So Waid completed the complete deconstruction, or maybe I should say destruction of Doom by taking away his Kingdom, his possessions, his weapons and then finally his body. JMS just has him show up again trapped back in Hell with the leather armor and didn't address much else of Waid's run.

Funny how when Waid had Daredevil go to Latveria several years back, he chose not to use Doom in that story.