Page 210 of 241 FirstFirst ... 110160200206207208209210211212213214220 ... LastLast
Results 3,136 to 3,150 of 3610
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    I think the point is if you toss him back to Titans-you pretty much FORCE a writer to do something with him. In other words if folks won't or in Walker & Sempter's cases be allowed to develop Cyborg. You link him back to his roots where someone HAS to do it.

I don't think it's a call to make JL all white but call out DC that you put him on that team to pretty much do what so many include DESH (former John Stewart fan) called out.

How can anyone say he is better after reading that article and looking at him overall than all the POC at Marvel. How is this better?

Amazon.com's book sales standings overall-

Walker's Cyborg
    Volume 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #271,263 in Books
    Volume 2 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #1,057,371 in Books

Sempter's Cyborg
    Volume 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #255,610 in Books
    Volume 2 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #596,661 in Books

compared to

Moon Girl
    volu 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #15,463 in Books
    vol 2 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #22,158 in Books
    vol 3 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #25,984 in Books
    vol 4 (not out yet) Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #59,177 in Books

America Chavez
    vol 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #36,823 in Books (and this was a HORRIBLE book)

Riri Williams
    volu 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #41,546 in Books

Miles Morales
    volume 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #14,017 in Books
    volume 2 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #25,259 in Books
    volume 3 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #24,159 in Books

New Superman
    volu 1 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #93,215 in Books
    vol 2 Amazon Best Sellers Rank: #217,696 in Books

All started after Cyborg's push in new 52. What was done with these guys (with respect to Bendis) that Cyborg keeps getting denied? That's why folks want him back with Titans-for someone to do something beyond man vs machine.
    But as stated before, him going back to the teen titans does not automatically mean they will go pass his man vs machine scenario, it just means he will be associated with a team that classic readers have a more nostaglic form over. This is not a 1+1=2 scenario, meaning him going back to the titans does NOT mean they are "forced" to do something with him. They can window dress him and make him a background character. They can give him the original wally west treatment, they can do many other things that are even worse than what he's currently going through right now, and that's why I say him going back to Titans is not the answer.

The answer, quite frankly, is to write him right, which means expanding his powerset to where he's not made to just get broken, make sure he's showed to be on the same stage as the justice league and expand outside of his man vs machine role, which can easily be done in his own solo series.

BANNED

You know a way to salvage Cyborg in the aftermath of DC REBIRTH is maybe doing it like this:

Have him regain his Teen Titans origin, but for his JLA inclusion is to have him be a causality of a fight between Earth Heroes and the forces of Darkseid and have Cyborg get destroyed in the aftermath.

Then use the Mother Box to repair and reborn Cyborg and have the JLA place him on the team to keep a close eye on him. At least that is how I see DC can salvage this mess.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    They should get rid of the face plate still

Why not just keep that eye red and add some markings around it or something? Honestly, Cyborg should be a placeholder if he's not gonna amount to anything. DC made the mistake of promoting a black character without a proper mythos, supporting cast, etc. and now its killing their most prized minority character. When it's generally agreed one of them has advanced to a stage where they can be a part of the A-list team, they put Cyborg as leader of the Titans and replace him. It's messy and potentially problematic but I can deal with that type of transition at this point.
    You can keep the face plate but I would go with the New Earth version of Cyborg-that we saw in volume 1 versus volume 2. He look human but he gave off the 7 of 9 look and if you wanted him to be fluid in changing appearances it could have been done.

Have Cyborg keep the seat warm for Black Lightning or Vixen while DC builds them up in terms of creating their own corner of the DCU and actually being worthy of standing alongside the League.
    BL has always been over rights and proper credit to his creators issue. Yet when BL finally started appearing outside of comics-you could have taken New 52 and let him be on the team. Same with Vixen.

Nor do I see why taking Victor off the League is seen as a call to make the League all white when many have argued that John, Jefferson, Irons or Mari would suit the League better.
    If DC has kept the Titans history and Cyborg's origin free of JL-you could have had him team with those guys and be recruited by Justice League or the mother is added to him after he became a Cyborg.

YOu have him a a JL founder allow the door to be open for the Titans to show up in another movie.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Cmbmool View Post
    You know a way to salvage Cyborg in the aftermath of DC REBIRTH is maybe doing it like this:

Have him regain his Teen Titans origin, but for his JLA inclusion is to have him be a causality of a fight between Earth Heroes and the forces of Darkseid and have Cyborg get destroyed in the aftermath.

Then use the Mother Box to repair and reborn Cyborg and have the JLA place him on the team to keep a close eye on him. At least that is how I see DC can salvage this mess.
    Salvage? That's even worse than before, to have your primary black hero being the hero that constantly gets destroyed to show how dominant the bad guy is, is one of the big issues with Cyborg to begin with.

As stated before, one of cyborgs biggest complaints is his power level. He's a mother box, he should be treated as such, not made of aluminium that can get cracked with a pencil. He should be on the same strength levels as the upper tier characters like aquaman, wonder woman and superman. His alloy should be close to wolverine's level. The fact that Metallo is somehow way more durable structure than cyborg even cyborg is built from far superior technology makes no sense at all.
    Last edited by leo619; 12-22-2017 at 01:31 PM.

Cyborg should be on the same strength level as Cyborg? You mean Superman?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Digifiend View Post
    Cyborg should be on the same strength level as Cyborg? You mean Superman?
    Lol apologizes, yes I meant superman.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by ironman2978 View Post
    I think the strongest supporting cast he had besides his S.T.A.R. Labs cast which came and go was Sarah Simms, his grandparents, etc. I don't think Cyborg should simply be a placeholder just for another minorty character to take it's place. Why not just have more than one Black hero along the League, Instead of playing switch the hero. Especially if Black Lightning and Vixen would run into the same problems that Cyborg is facing now of just being there. It wouldn't solve the problem but just make the issue more apparent. I feel like Cyborg could easily work with the League as he does with the Titan, and could get a strong supporting cast, but that depends on the writer as well. I feel like Cyborg corner of the DC Univer could be amazing and well build but that takes writers being focused on adding to his story.

I do like the idea of them upgrading the look without the facemask (I like Smallville endoskeleton look). But I do like Cyborg have different and versatile looks from the Teen Titans cartoon look to the DCYou look to the Ivan Reis New 52 design to Smallville look. He could easily have potentially some of the most versatile designs if done right
    Cyborg's world has been shallow and unexplored since his first solo.

Presuming editorial is trying to keep the League tight with limited membership, Cyborg's spot is the only one they'd be able to replace with another black character. Meaning I don't think DC is trying to have more than one black member. Working within that framework, I don't think there's anything wrong with priming Vixen or Black Lightning for his spot through giving them a supporting cast, rogues gallery, etc. over time. At least by the time they get on the team they'll have some in-universe relevance and notoriety as well as a proven record of solo success, which is more than Cyborg had.

I definitely anticipate the only black member of the League not getting the same exact treatment as Supes or Batman (this is DC we're talking about), but an established Black Lightning or Vixen working alongside them will probably get shafted less than Cyborg, which is a huge improvement. Cyborg has a lot of potential but if no one seems interested in tapping it, they might as well eventually give his spot to a more popular, capable hero down the road.

How to save Cyborg: Get him out of DC. They have no clue what to do with him. They simply rehash the old man or machine trope with every new solo series they launch. People are tired of it and are no longer interested reading.

They always evolve the machine but they never evolve the man.

I'm liking the way Cy is written in Priest's League so far

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    I'm liking the way Cy is written in Priest's League so far
    It's such a small segment to judge by but I do trust Priest to handle him well within DC's terrible parameters.

Ironic the movie figured out Cyborg in less than 2 hours than the comics did in years.
    Favorite Characters : Cyborg, Hal Jordan, Simon Baz, Tula, Mera ,Bleez, Shazam, Wonder Woman, Agent 37 , Batman, Kon El, Atomica.

I love Legacy but you have to change things up to keep them from going stale - Jason Fabok

Twitter : @Flashpoint52

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Ironic the movie figured out Cyborg in less than 2 hours than the comics did in years.
    REALLY ironic given the JL movie was based on Johns' New 52 JL Origin. It was more or less the same story but with Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid, and no Hal Jordan.

Extraordinary Member

Cybor is doomed, he cant go back to the titans, and is baiscly stuck being a token on the JL, just cancel his solo and give it to John Stewart

Incredible Member

[
    Quote Originally Posted by Johnny View Post
    REALLY ironic given the JL movie was based on Johns' New 52 JL Origin. It was more or less the same story but with Steppenwolf instead of Darkseid, and no Hal Jordan.
    I think it's common practice at this point that ideas/moments/scenes initially introduced by Johns are either done better (GLTAS, Smallville, Wonder Woman, Flash, etc) or worse (GL movie, JLU, DC Animated movies particularly New 52 brand) after his particular take on the character.

Quote Originally Posted by Rac7d* View Post
    Cybor is doomed, he cant go back to the titans, and is baiscly stuck being a token on the JL, just cancel his solo and give it to John Stewart

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by Sirzechs View Post
    Look at who did the screenplay.

While it can be inspired by Johns mess-it still got adapted by others, who will add or change stuff. See the cartoon version of All Star Superman-McDuffie tossed in a few things that were not in the original comic book and it wasn't revealed until his widow mentioned it.

So with this film with Hal Jordan out of it-probably stuff meant for him became Cyborg's stuff.

And it speaks VOLUMES that once again folks who don't pandered to comics can figure out these guys way better then the folks paid to do it in comics.

If you continue to restrict writers to man vs machine mess-you will keep getting low sales and getting beat by Moon Girl.

Sempter has Peter Parker & Static to his resume.

Walker has Number 13 and a book about a black kid hanging with superheroes including one who is Superman living like a celebrity.

So it's not like you got chumps trying to flesh out Cyborg. They just need the folks in charge to get over man vs machine.