Page 222 of 241 FirstFirst ... 122172212218219220221222223224225226232 ... LastLast
Results 3,316 to 3,330 of 3610

Quote Originally Posted by HereNThere View Post
    Oh my god...Pants....

Seriously though, they're finally allowing Vic to where clothes regularly. It's not skin, but that actually does a lot for the humanization of the character.

I'm actually loving this new look. I've always liked the idea of cybernetic musculature rather than straight up armor. Again, not skin, but that cover is the most badass Vic has looked since DC You.

I'm really curious as to what happened behind the scenes that they finally allowed another radical redesign of the character that they never allowed Walker to continue or the other writer to use. Did we get a change in editor? Did they finally throw out whatever shreds of an editorial mandate or "character bible" they had for his "Rebirth"? Or have they just said screw it and are throwing things on the wall still to see how it shakes out for the character.

Whatever the case, it's a shame that it took this long and it couldn't have been done with the black writers, but this finally looks like a positive step with the character.
    Big step forward no doubt. Vic is starting to do things that "normal" people do.

shouldn't Cyborg be Cyborg One Million right now?

how come every time Cyborg gets a power up every other book ignores it?
    The J-man

Mighty Member

Anyone else thinks that Vic created Azreal`s space suit?

Quote Originally Posted by skyvolt2000 View Post
    Yes because that means having to do actual work.

Like what someone said in the John Stewart thread-the days are GONE where black folks just show up in a book and do little or nothing and we should settle for trash and crumbs.

If Blade, Static, John Stewart, Spawn, Luke Cage, Falcon, Miles Morales & even Moon Girl didn't prove that. Maybe the all time leader of Super Hero movies Black Panther prove that you need to put up an effort.
    Damn straight. Now hopefully in this series they can have Cyborg do what he did in Walkers run and have the ability to turn fully human again instead of that whole hologram bullshit.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

Astonishing Member

DC, and here I was counting you out and you go ahead and do this. The redesign by sejic is freaking awesome. I actually prefer it to skin as it gives this guyver bioarmor type look which is what it's supposed to be. It's a living technological weapon that is supposed to put him in a new gods status.

Wait a second.....Now that I think about it. Ava was just presented with a movie with the New Gods for DC. Cyborg is pretty much connected to the new gods. Do you think Ava's movie could be about Cyborg, or have Cyborg as a main character?

I think that’s a great idea but I don’t think they will do that with Cyborg at all. I don’t even think the films going to happen not until principal production starts anyway
    The J-man

Quote Originally Posted by leo619 View Post
    DC, and here I was counting you out and you go ahead and do this. The redesign by sejic is freaking awesome. I actually prefer it to skin as it gives this guyver bioarmor type look which is what it's supposed to be. It's a living technological weapon that is supposed to put him in a new gods status.

Wait a second.....Now that I think about it. Ava was just presented with a movie with the New Gods for DC. Cyborg is pretty much connected to the new gods. Do you think Ava's movie could be about Cyborg, or have Cyborg as a main character?
    I doubt it, since Ray Fisher’s current schedule might not even allow for more DCEU movies. But if the new gods is a stealth Cyborg solo I’d be pleasantly surprised.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I doubt it.

I think Ava will probably focus exclusively on the actual New Gods. If WB/DC tries to force her to focus on DCEU Cyborg, I imagine she'd walk.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    I doubt it, since Ray Fisher’s current schedule might not even allow for more DCEU movies. But if the new gods is a stealth Cyborg solo I’d be pleasantly surprised.
    Wait, what is his schedule set to currently? Doesn't Ray have like a contract for a certain amount of movies or was the Justice League the only movie he was set in.

Quote Originally Posted by Frontier View Post
    I doubt it.

I think Ava will probably focus exclusively on the actual New Gods. If WB/DC tries to force her to focus on DCEU Cyborg, I imagine she'd walk.
    Hmm, not so sure about that. One thing about Ava is that she's one of the biggest proponents for diversity, (hence the change to the main female lead, her brother, and her mom in the wrinkle of time.)

So I see either two possibilities, 1) She decides to use Cyborg as a possible main lead in the new gods movie or

2) One of the main New gods will probably get a race change.

So we will see.

Shemar Moore will return as Cyborg, along with Rocky Caroll as Silas Stone, for the Death of Superman animated movie.
    Hmm, not so sure about that. One thing about Ava is that she's one of the biggest proponents for diversity, (hence the change to the main female lead, her brother, and her mom in the wrinkle of time.)

So I see either two possibilities, 1) She decides to use Cyborg as a possible main lead in the new gods movie or

2) One of the main New gods will probably get a race change.

So we will see.
    I think 2 is a lot more likely then 1.

Ultimate Member

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    All Ray has lined up is season 3 of True Detective.

That movie has done nothing for him and the sad part is it's wasn't HIS fault.

Heck if they use Cyborg for New Gods-it at least gives them a reason to come to Earth and that would make what maybe 3 blacks (4 if you count Shilo Norman) in that film.

I was a fan of how Priest handled Cyborg till issue 41 and hopefully Priest turns it around in 42.

Hurray for his role in Oddysey.

I think Cyborg could be the POV character for New Gods but I imagine they would use MM and Big Barda.

i would actually hate it if they shoehorned Cyborg into the New Gods movie. let them establish the mythology and the main New Gods before expanding to their earth war. my main fear about the New Gods film is the they will try to shove too much stuff into one movie. they could potentially make this a Lord of the Rings type trilogy.

Cyborg could play a big role in Flashpoint. basically the only thing that would get me remotely excited about a Flashpoint film. i just hope they make him more sleak and Superman-like how he was in the comic and not huge and monstrous like in the animated movie. Vic is supposed to be the main superhero in the Flashpoint world. all of his powers make him like Supes. he can be anywhere instantly and he can see and hear everything because of his ability to hack into all technology. all future Cyborg interpretations need to look at Sejic's work from JLO and Reis' work from the DCYou series. i really hope that DC realizes that Sejic's beautiful design is what is generating so much buzz about Cyborg. the design of a character means so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Robotman View Post
    i would actually hate it if they shoehorned Cyborg into the New Gods movie. let them establish the mythology and the main New Gods before expanding to their earth war. my main fear about the New Gods film is the they will try to shove too much stuff into one movie. they could potentially make this a Lord of the Rings type trilogy.

Cyborg could play a big role in Flashpoint. basically the only thing that would get me remotely excited about a Flashpoint film. i just hope they make him more sleak and Superman-like how he was in the comic and not huge and monstrous like in the animated movie. Vic is supposed to be the main superhero in the Flashpoint world. all of his powers make him like Supes. he can be anywhere instantly and he can see and hear everything because of his ability to hack into all technology. all future Cyborg interpretations need to look at Sejic's work from JLO and Reis' work from the DCYou series. i really hope that DC realizes that Sejic's beautiful design is what is generating so much buzz about Cyborg. the design of a character means so much.
    "Yes" to the bolded.

It’s funny how different Cyborg is portrayed in the different images. Cheung makes him look very ugly and monstrous.

Attachment 63833

I really hope Sejic’s Cyborg becomes the standard way he is portrayed going forward. Not the antiquated armor and robotic joints.
    Last edited by Robotman; 03-27-2018 at 03:20 PM.