Page 100 of 104 FirstFirst ... 509096979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,486 to 1,500 of 1557

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I know how you feel about him. But I'm very much delighted with what Coates has done for her and how he's played up her significance to BP's mythos. Now with Coates at the helm of here solo, it doesn't matter what other X-writers do. He is the X-writer that has final say in her status quo. He can singlehandedly confirm what's taken place under his pen in the pages of BP as canon. It can get no sweeter than that. Can you imagine if Hudlin got that type of deal? Writing both if them in their own solos with an attempt to tell stories of their relationship from both of their perspectives? I couldn't, because he didn't have a very good grasp on her power, but he had enthusiasm when writing. No one can take that away from him. He's my man for that.
    Precisely!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Coates does the Storm solo book AND the BP solo book, then I honestly think editorial will give Coates priority as far as determining the course of their relationship at least over the X books. The movies might still trump the comics (and I say might because there's not always synergy there... we don't see Black Widow and Hulk having a thing on the comics side), but I don't think they'll give the X books dibs over who Storm is with over the actual Storm solo book.

Coates being the solo book writer essentially makes him the point man for the relationship.
    Exactly my point. As Majesty so eloquently put it here...http://community.comicbookresources....=1#post3171376 Coates has established her new status quo. This is a great time to be a fan of the royal marriage.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    If Coates does the Storm solo book AND the BP solo book, then I honestly think editorial will give Coates priority as far as determining the course of their relationship at least over the X books. The movies might still trump the comics (and I say might because there's not always synergy there... we don't see Black Widow and Hulk having a thing on the comics side), but I don't think they'll give the X books dibs over who Storm is with over the actual Storm solo book.

Coates being the solo book writer essentially makes him the point man for the relationship.
    agreed. i think Coates is definitely setting the tone for their relationship. and seeing that he will be writing both solos it's very likely their being together will start to carry over into the xbooks. those who don't like their union should really just let it go and accept all the good stories we are about to get in rekstiij to these too.

The main point of their relationship is their understanding of one another which the arc just created, and it wasn't something that was forced, it was learned through time. The kind of time that 'wasn't' taken before on the deeper level (due to bad writing but again, it's 'canon'.)

But the understanding that T'Challa and Ororo have of one another now, and the awakening she essentially had with things of Wakanda to the point she understands and cherishes it in ways she never had before. T'Challa's happiness at Ororo truly understanding where he comes from now, was as fulfilling as Ororo's happiness at T'Challa understanding her.

They are both on the same page now, and it took time, effort and growth from the both of them to get there. Those are the kinds of things a healthy and supportive relationship entails, and that arc set so much in stone as far as they are concerned going forward, that their relationship would/will be/is a healthy, understanding one, where they both had to grow as characters to get the fullest and deepest appreciation out of.

Not every comic relationship has to be toxic, and not every relationship has to be "They're in love, till they're not" in a soap opera way.

Seeing two people grow both together the first time, as well as apart, and then watching them continue to grow, willingly the second time around and with each other is the kind of thing that cements a special kind of relationship.

This is comic books, where there's so many pairings pined for that would otherwise be unhealthy or obsessive. It's very nice to see T'Challa and Ororo's relationship grow as it has, and more importantly it's very nice to see the kind of time, and effort put into righting the wrongs of past bad writing expenditures. So while we can all agree that both characters had to be severely written out of character just to break them up.. we can also agree that what's been done with this recent arc instead of running from all that is acknowledging it.

Instead of going "Let's act like it didn't happen, cause love.." they are going with "Yes, it happened, here's how the both of them have grown since then, here's where Ororo still stands, but here is where she is now at the end of the story, here is where they both connect now, and this is why their relationship will be more fulfilled, understanding, supportive, and uninterrupted from this point forward."

That... is a breath of fresh air, not just in relationship story telling, but story telling in general.

So often in comic books we see similar arcs that make us see the true natural chemistry and connection between characters and we wonder why the comics never take it a step forward with them. (one of my personal favorites being X-23 and Jubilee's storyarc together). But when you get that kind of character development, growth, chemistry, and understanding between two characters, you wonder why it never moves forward or why their characters get "reset" at some point as if the previous stories never happened.

This is why I adore what they did with T'Challa and Ororo in this story arc. They aren't making it 'disappear'. They're saying 'it happened(bad writing or not). But here is how they both have grown.

I would give anything, to have that kind of continuance given to more comic characters, where past stories aren't used use as a passing sentence that has no relevance on the story but was never built upon at any point aside from when it was mentioned the first time, to the time it gets mentioned again.

I would give anything for X-23 to actually advance as a character instead of reset back to Square 1 each and every time no matter how much growth she's had in how many stories she was suppposed to have grown from (again, her story with Jubilee should have changed her character going forward given everything she learned). It did for about 3 issues, then went back to square one. THAT is what we're used to in comics nowadays.

So for T'Challa and Ororo to get this kind of care, and this kind of advancement, I will say again...

It... is a breath of fresh air, not just in relationship story telling, but story telling in general.
    Last edited by Majesty; 10-17-2017 at 11:53 PM.

I am just SOOOOOOOO HAPPY Ororo and Tchalla are back together!!! It makes me extremely happy that Coates will be writing her solo series so that he can continue to strengthen their love for each other!!! Can't wait for her solo and when is she to be in his book again?

I need my T'choro fix!!

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post
    The main point of their relationship is their understanding of one another which the arc just created, and it wasn't something that was forced, it was learned through time. The kind of time that 'wasn't' taken before on the deeper level (due to bad writing but again, it's 'canon'.)

But the understanding that T'Challa and Ororo have of one another now, and the awakening she essentially had with things of Wakanda to the point she understands and cherishes it in ways she never had before. T'Challa's happiness at Ororo truly understanding where he comes from now, was as fulfilling as Ororo's happiness at T'Challa understanding her.

They are both on the same page now, and it took time, effort and growth from the both of them to get there. Those are the kinds of things a healthy and supportive relationship entails, and that arc set so much in stone as far as they are concerned going forward, that their relationship would/will be/is a healthy, understanding one, where they both had to grow as characters to get the fullest and deepest appreciation out of.

Not every comic relationship has to be toxic, and not every relationship has to be "They're in love, till they're not" in a soap opera way.

Seeing two people grow both together the first time, as well as apart, and then watching them continue to grow, willingly the second time around and with each other is the kind of thing that cements a special kind of relationship.

This is comic books, where there's so many pairings pined for that would otherwise be unhealthy or obsessive. It's very nice to see T'Challa and Ororo's relationship grow as it has, and more importantly it's very nice to see the kind of time, and effort put into righting the wrongs of past bad writing expenditures. So while we can all agree that both characters had to be severely written out of character just to break them up.. we can also agree that what's been done with this recent arc instead of running from all that is acknowledging it.

Instead of going "Let's act like it didn't happen, cause love.." they are going with "Yes, it happened, here's how the both of them have grown since then, here's where Ororo still stands, but here is where she is now at the end of the story, here is where they both connect now, and this is why their relationship will be more fulfilled, understanding, supportive, and uninterrupted from this point forward."

That... is a breath of fresh air, not just in relationship story telling, but story telling in general.

So often in comic books we see similar arcs that make us see the true natural chemistry and connection between characters and we wonder why the comics never take it a step forward with them. (one of my personal favorites being X-23 and Jubilee's storyarc together). But when you get that kind of character development, growth, chemistry, and understanding between two characters, you wonder why it never moves forward or why their characters get "reset" at some point as if the previous stories never happened.

This is why I adore what they did with T'Challa and Ororo in this story arc. They aren't making it 'disappear'. They're saying 'it happened(bad writing or not). But here is how they both have grown.

I would give anything, to have that kind of continuance given to more comic characters, where past stories aren't used use as a passing sentence that has no relevance on the story but was never built upon at any point aside from when it was mentioned the first time, to the time it gets mentioned again.

I would give anything for X-23 to actually advance as a character instead of reset back to Square 1 each and every time no matter how much growth she's had in how many stories she was suppposed to have grown from (again, her story with Jubilee should have changed her character going forward given everything she learned). It did for about 3 issues, then went back to square one. THAT is what we're used to in comics nowadays.

So for T'Challa and Ororo to get this kind of care, and this kind of advancement, I will say again...

It... is a breath of fresh air, not just in relationship story telling, but story telling in general.
    Solid posting

Spectacular Member

Seen at New York Comic-Con 2017.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Majesty View Post

I'm completely in love with you. You make my heart sing. I need you to be an editor over in the X-office. Apparently we've already got an ally in the BP office.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I am just SOOOOOOOO HAPPY Ororo and Tchalla are back together!!! It makes me extremely happy that Coates will be writing her solo series so that he can continue to strengthen their love for each other!!! Can't wait for her solo and when is she to be in his book again?

I need my T'choro fix!!

Yes! Spread the love of the royal couple.

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm completely in love with you. You make my heart sing. I need you to be an editor over in the X-office. Apparently we've already got an ally in the BP office.

Yes! Spread the love of the royal couple.
    of course my friend. gotta represent!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    of course my friend. gotta represent!
    All hail Damisa-Sarki! All hail Hadari Yao the All-Goddess who Preserves the Balance of All Natural things! I'm so happy that they're back in good standing with one another. It's about damn time.

BLACK PANTHER #170

TA-NEHISI COATES (W), LEONARD KIRK (A) COVER BY PHIL NOTO Hulk VARIANT COVER BY Anna Rud

KLAW STANDS SUPREME Part 5

* With Storm back by his side, T'Challa finally confronts Ras the Exhorter, the mysterious villain summoning dark creatures to Wakanda.

* But what the Black Panther learns will shake all he believes. Who IS Ras The Exhorter? And what is his connection to T'Challa's old foes?

* And to celebrate the release of Marvel Studios' BLACK PANTHER movie, this issue includes an exclusive interview with the film's director, Ryan Coogler, and Ta-Nehisi Coates!

32 pages, $3.99.

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by phumgano View Post
    Seen at New York Comic-Con 2017.

That is a very beautiful image.

In light of a possible Marvel / Fox deal, I felt this thread deserved a bump.

https://www.newsarama.com/37645-disn...-wish-for.html

My feelings on this are surprisingly mixed. On one hand, the possibility of T'Challa and Ororo interacting on film is extremely appealing. This is something we thought would never happen. Now it might be on the table.

That said, a big reason why Marvel dug deeper into their roster is because they didn't have the FF and X-Men available. Should that change, how dedicated will they be on pushing the B-list / C-list heroes they have? The Black Panther franchise is finally getting a humongous boost via the MCU. Will the MCU continue on with this momentum if they have two of their biggest properties back in the fold?

Many, many questions to be answered.
    Last edited by Realdealholy; 12-11-2017 at 01:20 PM.

Might as well bring them back together. Just keep CERTAIN writers in check.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Might as well bring them back together. Just keep CERTAIN writers in check.
    The biggest fear of BP fans. We've seen what happens when X-writers get a hold of BP. Their track record leaves a bad taste.