Page 101 of 104 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104 LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 1557

Quote Originally Posted by Realdealholy View Post
    In light of a possible Marvel / Fox deal, I felt this thread deserved a bump.

https://www.newsarama.com/37645-disn...-wish-for.html

My feelings on this is surprisingly mixed. On one hand, the possibility of T'Challa and Ororo interacting on film is extremely appealing. This is something we thought would never happen. Now it might be on the table.

That said, a big reason why Marvel digger deep into their roster is because they didn't have the FF and X-Men available. Should that change, how dedicated will they be on the B-list / C-list heroes they have? The Black Panther franchise is finally getting a humongous boost via the MCU. Will the MCU continue on with this momentum if they have two of their biggest properties back in the fold?

Many, many questions to be answered.
    Damn never thought of it this way. However, if the Black Panther film does great I doubt they would sideline Panther.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    The biggest fear of BP fans. We've seen what happens when X-writers get a hold of BP. Their track record leaves a bad taste.
    Which is why they should be put in check.

My feelings on this is surprisingly mixed. On one hand, the possibility of T'Challa and Ororo interacting on film is extremely appealing. This is something we thought would never happen. Now it might be on the table.

That said, a big reason why Marvel digger deep into their roster is because they didn't have the FF and X-Men available. Should that change, how dedicated will they be on the B-list / C-list heroes they have? The Black Panther franchise is finally getting a humongous boost via the MCU. Will the MCU continue on with this momentum if they have two of their biggest properties back in the fold?

If it does happen, I feel the same way. MCU has taken properties that they wouldn't normally use and has had tremendous success.

Guardians
    Ant-Man
    Strange
    BP
    Possibly Thor

Adding X-Men means that some characters that may have had a shot might not get that chance.

And then there's the whole in-universe feud between mutants and everyone else. I honestly don't want to see this spill over into the MCU. That would be a turn-off.

They'll likely continue to push anything which has already proven to be successful. The biggest loss is any potential c list properties that won't be explored because they're making Fox stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by KidStranglehold View Post
    Damn never thought of it this way. However, if the Black Panther film does great I doubt they would sideline Panther.
    T'Challa himself will be fine, he'll get a good push, perhaps a great one if the BP film breaks a few records here and there. It's the rest of the cast that concerns me. Despite being great characters imho, they are nowhere close to being even C-list, let alone B-list. That may change after the film, but with the X-Men and FF possibly coming in, the field is going to be very crowded. Only so many characters the MCU can focus on.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If it does happen, I feel the same way. MCU has taken properties that they wouldn't normally use and has had tremendous success.

Guardians
    Ant-Man
    Strange
    BP
    Possibly Thor

Adding X-Men means that some characters that may have had a shot might not get that chance.

And then there's the whole in-universe feud between mutants and everyone else. I honestly don't want to see this spill over into the MCU. That would be a turn-off.
    Fair points made, especially concerning the integration of mutants in the MCU.

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    They'll likely continue to push anything which has already proven to be successful. The biggest loss is any potential c list properties that won't be explored because they're making Fox stuff.
    If the deal goes through a lot of characters won't see their debut in the big screen. For damn sure won't have their solos.

It's official. The deal has gone through.

https://www.theverge.com/2017/12/14/...io-acquisition

BANNED

Might as well bring them back together. Just keep CERTAIN writers in check.
    I'm dying for this to happen. Please let this fuckin happen!!!

Quote Originally Posted by BBeeryan View Post
    I'm dying for this to happen. Please let this fuckin happen!!!
    If they get together in the movie then it will be HARDER for certain writers to screw with their relations. Once its in the movies its official.

Get Priest and Hudlin to make it happen in the movies.

Extraordinary Member

If they get together in the movie then it will be HARDER for certain writers to screw with their relations. Once its in the movies its official.
    This is what I am thinking.

Extraordinary Member

I am quite sure that once the Fox contracts run out, Marvel sill select a new actress to play Storm.

I believe the BP film will earn a great profit.

The thought of paring up BP & Storm in an romantic action adventure film would be too much of an opportunity to pass up.

Such a film could work on a date night, family night (part of why the MCU works), as well as tapping into a black audience.

Hudlin, McDuffie, and Liss already showed how to write those two in fun & compelling ways.

No way would Marvel films go the Tyler Perry route with those two.

I honestly think this was Hudlin's plan in the comics: that the marriage would transcend the comics, and venture into live action.

I'm not really worried about the comics' side as new creative teams are greatly needed for BP & X-Men.

Marvel films could make a nice profit from the pairing, with the right people behind the scenes.

I don't care how I come off but the more I look into the more I realize that part of the reason they broke off the relation was because Storm was "becoming too black." SOME don't want to admit that part but I been hearing from also writers that "Storm was acting too much out of character." The site of black love clearly infuriated them. Seriously the marriage was broken off for no good reason. But now that Storm is coming to the MCU I definitely see Storm possibly appearing in the Black Panther sequel.

One thing I commend Coates on is handling the relationship very well. I agree with what Anthony Shaw said, these two paired together on film is big potential.

Astonishing Member

I don't care how I come off but the more I look into the more I realize that part of the reason they broke off the relation was because Storm was "becoming too black." SOME don't want to admit that part but I been hearing from also writers that "Storm was acting too much out of character." The site of black love clearly infuriated them. Seriously the marriage was broken off for no good reason. But now that Storm is coming to the MCU I definitely see Storm possibly appearing in the Black Panther sequel.

One thing I commend Coates on is handling the relationship very well. I agree with what Anthony Shaw said, these two paired together on film is big potential.
    With the Fox-Disney deal Marvel has a lot to gain from creating a power couple out of their two biggest black characters. Not to mention the fact they just go well together on paper (East African connection, divinity, political leadership, etc.) so they could tell some great stories in a film that incorporates their relationship. On top of that, it connects the X-Men and Avengers franchises to add to this feel of a shared world in the MCU.

Altogether, the chances of them being put together down the road is high, while the comics will more likely than not have them remarried at some point. Even if it's not during Coates' run (he had already said he has no intention of marrying them but that was before the movie situation), he's put more than enough pieces in play romantically for them to take that next step in their relationship in a future run. So it looks like Storm and T'Challa are back in play as husband and wife.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    With the Fox-Disney deal Marvel has a lot to gain from creating a power couple out of their two biggest black characters. Not to mention the fact they just go well together on paper (East African connection, divinity, political leadership, etc.) so they could tell some great stories in a film that incorporates their relationship. On top of that, it connects the X-Men and Avengers franchises to add to this feel of a shared world in the MCU.
    Yet you have some the relationship didn't work or doesn't have potential. Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Altogether, the chances of them being put together down the road is high, while the comics will more likely than not have them remarried at some point. Even if it's not during Coates' run (he had already said he has no intention of marrying them but that was before the movie situation), he's put more than enough pieces in play romantically for them to take that next step in their relationship in a future run. So it looks like Storm and T'Challa are back in play as husband and wife.
    We'll have to see. So far its looking like it.

I been reading Black Panther and the Crew to see how was it since I missed it. And I'll give Coates credit where its due because I like it when T'Challa said this.

When I ended the marriage. I told Ororo it must end for Wakanda's sake.
    I like it because:

1. It makes T'Challa look more noble and less like the ******* many writers been trying to paint him as in the breakup.

2. He clearly puts Wakanda FIRST.