Page 12 of 104 FirstFirst ... 289101112131415162262 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I don;t know if its possible. reading the Greg Pak Storm interview. I think the Storm book unfortunately is overwhelmingly slanted to the X-side of things than the Marvel Universe side of things as shown with this answer to a question.

Article Question---Storm has often seemed wise beyond her years, and has learned so much from hard earned experience (both before and since joining the X-Men). What particular experience(s) in Ororo's life do you think caused Creep's words to resonate so strongly with her?

And once again the front-loading of the separation is placed on the African side of things. Let's look at what transpired.

a)T'challa vouched for Storm to join the Avengers which she quit.
    b)Storm went on a humanitarian mission to Africa and didn't inform her illicit her husband's help, In fact she maligned him the entire time. SEE: X-men Exogenesis
    c)The X-men gained the power of the Phoenix, and Namor drowned thousands of Wakandans--Storm didn't utter one protest after it was over.
    d)Altho she did try to return to help, she didn't come alone and in fact brought the X-men with her--who were considered GENOCIDERS at that point.

Insensitivity much?

Imagine Captain America returning to the US after 911 with the Taliban ( using Wakandan perception) to help clear the rubble.

e) In the AvX fight between the two Storm was more concerned with physically beating up her former husband and throwing a ring at his feet than saying how much she felt the loss of T'challa's people.

And I had hoped the Storm book would at least try to clear the air so both could move on, but given the answers to the Questions and the fact the first 5 issues are a parade of X-men Co-stars..I dont think reconciliation is on the table.

In the long run it will hurt Storm, because by association it will keep fans of the character that aren't necessarily X-fans away from purchasing her book. And solidify her label as a sell-out.
    This is negative. I badly want to respond to this as I feel that most of what you're trying to put out is not only negative, but unfair. I'll leave this alone.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Why? His comment about "the haters" refers to people within the Marvel Universe. People who aren't real.
    But it was a shot at Wakanda sympathizers. Period. And Fictionally they (Wakanda) would be right in calling Storm out on her silence at Namor. Given that she stopped a tidal wave from hitting some part of Africa ( Storm #1) but not Namor's tidal wave that killed thousands. But the point I was making was more an aesthetic one in writing. That Storm's in-authenticity wasn't one of thoughtlessness but of her lack of empathy.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by rutog98 View Post
    This is negative. I badly want to respond to this as I feel that most of what you're trying to put out is not only negative, but unfair. I'll leave this alone.
    You do know I was giving the Wakandan POV ( my extrapolation). Clearly they would view Mutants as a threat. One in which Their Queen sided with. I mean when Phoenix-Jean Grey went bad the X-men at least tried to police their own.

Naturally, I am willing to hear your thoughts to why Wakanda would not perceive things that way.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 08-13-2014 at 03:54 PM.

BANNED

You do know I was giving the Wakandan POV ( my extrapolation) and not my own. Clearly they would view Mutants as a threat. One in which Their Queen sided with.
    I'm referring to the jab at Pak. There was nothing wrong with his response in that interview. I'm sure when T'challa and Ororo broke up, many of the fictitious Marvel twitter people would have taken shots at Ororo like Pak said while not being privy to all the details of the situation like us readers are.
    Anyway, its not the purpose of this thread to discuss such matter.

Why? His comment about "the haters" refers to people within the Marvel Universe. People who aren't real.
    If that will be the underlying tone of the series, then it's not for me whether he's referring to the MU or the real world. Just leave Wakanda and the failed marriage and who's to blame out of it. Why are they re-hashing this stuff again? I honestly wish they'd just move on and concentrate on Storm going forward.

The first issue was actually okay and made some very valid points. But if they're going to retread the BP and Wakanda stuff then I'm done.

BANNED

I'm referring to the jab at Pak. There was nothing wrong with his response in that interview. I'm sure when T'challa and Ororo broke up, many of the fictitious Marvel twitter people would have taken shots at Ororo like Pak said while not being privy to all the details of the situation like us readers are.
    Anyway, its not the purpose of this thread to discuss such matter.
    I did say it was just a concern. And I said I loved the book and thought Greg Park is doing a great job.

I even said I ranted.

I was actually tempted to respond too, but thus is too nice a thread to drag into the usual avx Wakanda vs mutant stuff. Best to just leave it be.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    If that will be the underlying tone of the series, then it's not for me whether he's referring to the MU or the real world. Just leave Wakanda and the failed marriage and who's to blame out of it. Why are they re-hashing this stuff again? I honestly wish they'd just move on and concentrate on Storm going forward.

The first issue was actually okay and made some very valid points. But if they're going to retread the BP and Wakanda stuff then I'm done.
    Greg didnt say there were plans to do anything like that, I jumped the gun--fearing, from reading the interview that Wakanda was going to take the blame for harboring ill-feelings toward the X-men. And Storm. When the situation is more complex. If it came off as taking a shot--that wasnt what i intended. I did however take shots at how lopsided the marriage was portrayed. Greg had nothing to do with that.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by XPac View Post
    I was actually tempted to respond too, but thus is too nice a thread to drag into the usual avx Wakanda vs mutant stuff. Best to just leave it be.
    Now I'm really intrigued. I wont drag this out..but how Should Wakandans have taken Namor's attack and Storm's association with the X-men ( she was still Queen of Wakanda when it happened)?
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 08-13-2014 at 04:04 PM.

But it was a shot at Wakanda sympathizers. Period. And Fictionally they (Wakanda) would be right in calling Storm out on her silence at Namor. Given that she stopped a tidal wave from hitting some part of Africa ( Storm #1) but not Namor's tidal wave that killed thousands. But the point I was making was more an aesthetic one in writing. That Storm's in-authenticity wasn't one of thoughtlessness but of her lack of empathy.
    I disagree. I don't think Pak means Wakanda sympathizers when he mentions the haters. Instead I think he means internet trolls and/or unfans of Storm who go out of their way to spew hate.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Now I'm really intrigued. I wont drag this out..but how Should Wakandans have taken Namor's attack and Storm's association ( she was still Queen of Wakanda when it happened) with the X-men?
    I think they have a right to be upset.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

BANNED

I disagree. I don't think Pak means Wakanda sympathizers when he mentions the haters. Instead I think he means internet trolls and/or unfans of Storm who go out of their way to spew hate.
    Okay. Maybe I got confused. I thought it was a storyline answer and not about real people. Because the question was

Storm has often seemed wise beyond her years, and has learned so much from hard earned experience (both before and since joining the X-Men). What particular experience(s) in Ororo's life do you think caused Creep's words to resonate so strongly with her?

Again I was speaking strictly storyline.

His answer was--I can easily imagine the Marvel Universe's version of Twitter exploding when Storm stopped being the Queen of Wakanda. Even though the choice wasn't hers to make, you know the haters would have come out in force to blame her for leaving Wakanda. - even to accuse her of abandoning Africa. She's grown up enough to know who she is. But it stings any time an immigrant or a bi-cultural person or anyone who straddles communities is accused of inauthenticity or being a sell-out, regardless of the truth of the accusation.

I saw sell-out--not in race context so much as mutant vs wakandan citizen. And I thought Wakandans feeling that way would be justified. Given the lack of concern over namor's actions by Storm and the X-community. Not message board but X-men characters.

And my fear was that Storm was galvanizing towards mutant first everybody else second. When i always thought of her as world first--regardless of label.

Wouldnt Storm understand how much pain Wakandans would have after opening their borders up to outsiders..and paying a heavy price for doing so?

That a massive attack was done by an Ally, up to that point T'challa trusted Namor..even after he led T'challa into a trap and Died--Storm had to rescue him ( Black Panther) from Death. And to be betrayed by Namor twice. Would Storm see things differently?

Wouldnt Storm have words with Namor? and Emma Frost who told Namor..transonic was in Wakanda without notifying Scott or her?

Perhaps Storm could have negotiated for Transonic's freedom. You know being the queen of wakanda.
    Last edited by ExcelsiorPrime; 08-13-2014 at 04:34 PM.

Just a note here: I got a PM from a mod awhile back about using this word so it's probably best that we don't mention it.

I did like the first issue as I mentioned and I hope he keeps it in a similar vein and have Storm continue to defy perceived expectations. I may have jumped the gun here a bit myself. Just seeing those comments irritated me. Hopefully you're right about Pak, whose work I've enjoyed, and he won't open that can of worms.

Okay. Maybe I got confused. I thought it was a storyline answer and not about real people. Because the question was

Storm has often seemed wise beyond her years, and has learned so much from hard earned experience (both before and since joining the X-Men). What particular experience(s) in Ororo's life do you think caused Creep's words to resonate so strongly with her?

Again I was speaking strictly storyline.

His answer was--I can easily imagine the Marvel Universe's version of Twitter exploding when Storm stopped being the Queen of Wakanda. Even though the choice wasn't hers to make, you know the haters would have come out in force to blame her for leaving Wakanda. - even to accuse her of abandoning Africa. She's grown up enough to know who she is. But it stings any time an immigrant or a bi-cultural person or anyone who straddles communities is accused of inauthenticity or being a sell-out, regardless of the truth of the accusation.

I saw sell-out--not in race context so much as mutant vs wakandan citizen. And I thought Wakandans feeling that way would be justified. Given the lack of concern over namor's actions by Storm and the X-community. Not message board but X-men characters.

And my fear was that Storm was galvanizing towards mutant first everybody else second. When i always thought of her as world first--regardless of label.

Wouldnt Storm understand how much pain Wakandans would have after opening their borders up to outsiders..and paying a heavy price for doing so?

That a massive attack was done by an Ally, up to that point T'challa trusted Namor..even after he led T'challa into a trap and Died--Storm had to rescue him ( Black Panther) from Death. And to be betrayed by Namor twice. Would Storm see things differently?

Wouldnt Storm have words with Namor? and Emma Frost who told Namor..transonic was in Wakanda without notifying Scott or her?

Perhaps Storm could have negotiated for Transonic's freedom. You know being the queen of wakanda.
    Its all good. I understand where you are coming from now.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Just a note here: I got a PM from a mod awhile back about using this word so it's probably best that we don't mention it.

I did like the first issue as I mentioned and I hope he keeps it in a similar vein and have Storm continue to defy perceived expectations. I may have jumped the gun here a bit myself. Just seeing those comments irritated me. Hopefully you're right about Pak, whose work I've enjoyed, and he won't open that can of worms.
    Thanks for the heads up.

And your right about Pak. He wrote Storm very well in the first issue and I too hope continues writing her this well.