Page 13 of 104 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    Thanks for the heads up.

And your right about Pak. He wrote Storm very well in the first issue and I too hope continues writing her this well.
    No problem. I like that he's giving her title a global slant and not confining it to just one specific area. I want to see her deal with situations all around the globe and face problems that just can't be dealt with mutant powers alone.

BANNED

This is an amusing thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    No problem. I like that he's giving her title a global slant and not confining it to just one specific area. I want to see her deal with situations all around the globe and face problems that just can't be dealt with mutant powers alone.
    I agree. I want Storm to be a global hero that helps all people and not just mutants.
    We are the Dora Milaje. We are the daughters of the 18 tribes of Wakanda. We are the teeth of the Panther God. Out of 10,000 years of sweat and bloodshed and battle are we born. We are the women of this ancient land. Deadliest of the species. And our time has come!

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I agree. I want Storm to be a global hero that helps all people and not just mutants.
    I'd like to see a separation from the Xmen... Shes ready to transcend...

I'll Assemble if you call it...

Last edited by MoneySpider; 08-13-2014 at 06:09 PM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MoneySpider View Post

It looks like the tiara fits to the black panther's head.

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    Okay. Maybe I got confused. I thought it was a storyline answer and not about real people. Because the question was

Storm has often seemed wise beyond her years, and has learned so much from hard earned experience (both before and since joining the X-Men). What particular experience(s) in Ororo's life do you think caused Creep's words to resonate so strongly with her?

Again I was speaking strictly storyline.

His answer was--I can easily imagine the Marvel Universe's version of Twitter exploding when Storm stopped being the Queen of Wakanda. Even though the choice wasn't hers to make, you know the haters would have come out in force to blame her for leaving Wakanda. - even to accuse her of abandoning Africa. She's grown up enough to know who she is. But it stings any time an immigrant or a bi-cultural person or anyone who straddles communities is accused of inauthenticity or being a sell-out, regardless of the truth of the accusation.

I saw sell-out--not in race context so much as mutant vs wakandan citizen. And I thought Wakandans feeling that way would be justified. Given the lack of concern over namor's actions by Storm and the X-community. Not message board but X-men characters.

And my fear was that Storm was galvanizing towards mutant first everybody else second. When i always thought of her as world first--regardless of label.

Wouldnt Storm understand how much pain Wakandans would have after opening their borders up to outsiders..and paying a heavy price for doing so?

That a massive attack was done by an Ally, up to that point T'challa trusted Namor..even after he led T'challa into a trap and Died--Storm had to rescue him ( Black Panther) from Death. And to be betrayed by Namor twice. Would Storm see things differently?

Wouldnt Storm have words with Namor? and Emma Frost who told Namor..transonic was in Wakanda without notifying Scott or her?

Perhaps Storm could have negotiated for Transonic's freedom. You know being the queen of wakanda.
    Agreed.

While the first issue was pretty good, Pak interview was revisionism, in my opinion. I guess he is just catering to the base. It seems that he is trying to ignore a few things that actually occurred during those events and placing the blame entirely on "haters", Wakanda and T'challa--which is the same as every other writer since this whole situation started. He will get props from me when he addresses crap like Age of X and how she was written to side with 'family' over her actual family (her husband), then act surprised when he sent her packing. I mean we have it on page where she is part of a strike team physically attacking him in Wakanda--which to me at least is the reason people would say "sell out".

Given that she is shown stopping a tidal wave in issue one, it begs the question of where the hell was she at when Namor attacked and dropped a tidal wave on Wakanda? So in that case, most rational people would have a point about her actions not lining up. If he doesn't address this, and instead points the blame at "haters" then I will not support this book.
    Last edited by Victor Freeman; 08-14-2014 at 04:11 AM.
    SO LET THIS BE A LESSON. LEARN. YOUR. PLACE. - Prince Freeman

Where the Diwatas and the Triumph Division live

Folks, just a reminder, this is a thread for T'Challa and Storm as a couple. Discussing the merits of Wolverine's inclusion in Storm's debut issue, as well as the issue in general unless T'Challa is involved, is better served in her own spoiler thread. Let's also keep away from putting down one at the other's expense. Expect some housecleaning to come.
    Human Torch/Fantastic Four/She-Hulk/Disney Big Hero 6 /Tangled/G.I. Joe: A Real American Hero/Transformers G1 fanatic, Avatar-maker, and Marvel Moderator
    "一人じゃないから。" AI、『Story』。
    "ヒロ、お前を信じてる。" タダシ、『ベイマックス』。
    "You were my my new dream." "And you were mine." Eugene Fitzherbert and Rapunzel.
    "Knowing is half the battle."
    G.I. Joe.
    Know the CBR Community STANDARDS & RULES

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    Please understand the situation guys. Showing Wolverine on her ongoing is the right time because Wolverine will not show up anymore after he dies.

Anyway, loving this image

Where's this from?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by ExcelsiorPrime View Post
    I don;t know if its possible. reading the Greg Pak Storm interview. I think the Storm book unfortunately is overwhelmingly slanted to the X-side of things than the Marvel Universe side of things as shown with this answer to a question.

Article Question---Storm has often seemed wise beyond her years, and has learned so much from hard earned experience (both before and since joining the X-Men). What particular experience(s) in Ororo's life do you think caused Creep's words to resonate so strongly with her?

And once again the front-loading of the separation is placed on the African side of things. Let's look at what transpired.

a)T'challa vouched for Storm to join the Avengers which she quit.
    b)Storm went on a humanitarian mission to Africa and didn't inform her illicit her husband's help, In fact she maligned him the entire time. SEE: X-men Exogenesis
    c)The X-men gained the power of the Phoenix, and Namor drowned thousands of Wakandans--Storm didn't utter one protest after it was over.
    d)Altho she did try to return to help, she didn't come alone and in fact brought the X-men with her--who were considered GENOCIDERS at that point.

Insensitivity much?

Imagine Captain America returning to the US after 911 with the Taliban ( using Wakandan perception) to help clear the rubble.

e) In the AvX fight between the two Storm was more concerned with physically beating up her former husband and throwing a ring at his feet than saying how much she felt the loss of T'challa's people.

And I had hoped the Storm book would at least try to clear the air so both could move on, but given the answers to the Questions and the fact the first 5 issues are a parade of X-men Co-stars..I dont think reconciliation is on the table.

In the long run it will hurt Storm, because by association it will keep fans of the character that aren't necessarily X-fans away from purchasing her book. And solidify her label as a sell-out.
    Bro, do you have a link to the original article?

I wan't to read it in its entirety.

well then....

Quote Originally Posted by Ekie View Post
    well then....
    Yeah, speaking of appreciation T'Challa certainly showed his in New Avengers.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

YAH!!!!!! STORM AND BP FOREVER!!!!!!! If you love these two and want to see them on panel u need to pick up NA 23#

Man that felt right didn't it?

Quote Originally Posted by FriendRoss View Post
    Man that felt right didn't it?
    If they have a kid in some future X-Men timeline I suppose something like this had to happen at some point.