Page 1 of 1010 1234511511015011001 ... LastLast

Default Jason Todd: Robin, Arkham Knight, Red Hood Appreciation 2018

He divides a lot of opinions, but let's face it; sometimes you've just got to love Jason Todd!

D*mned Prince of Gotham JasonTodd428's Avatar

I can't help loving the guy myself. Favorite antihero and favorite Robin.

[/URL]
    [/URL]
    Supporting LION FORGE COMICS and other independent publishers.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Oh my goodness gracious! I've been bamboozled!

When we hit our lowest point, we are open to the greatest change. AVATAR AANG

I remember him when he was a Dick-clone from before CoIE.

Then he became annoying when they tried to make him as anti-Dick as they could after CoIE.

But, I've decided to give him a fair shot these days, and I just ordered Vol. 1 of the RHatO tpb from barnesandnoble.com the other day (less than $10.00!), so we'll see what I think of him after that.

Quote Originally Posted by E.Nigma View Post
    IBut, I've decided to give him a fair shot these days, and I just ordered Vol. 1 of the RHatO tpb from barnesandnoble.com the other day (less than $10.00!), so we'll see what I think of him after that.
    And the holy gospel of Todd spreads. Let the light in, brother, don't fight it.

We must spread the gospel of Todd to all corners of the globe.

Quote Originally Posted by JasonTodd428 View Post
    We must spread the gospel of Todd to all corners of the globe.
    Hell yes. I had made the last appreciation thread for him. He has been my Robin and my favorite character in the Batman universe. I have every book he has ever appeared in. Can't wait for Lobdell to get back on the book. Let's all spread the gospel and LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME!

double post.
    "We live in a world of cowards. We live in a world full of small minds who are afraid. We are ruled by those who refuse to risk anything of their own. Who guard their over bloated paucities of power with money. With false reasoning. With measured hesitance. With prideful, recalcitrant inaction. With hateful invective. With weapons. F@#K these selfish fools and their prevailing world order." Tony Stark

I love JT, as I do all the sidekicks, but I just can't get into RHatO. Read it during the DotF arc and for a few issues after that but couldn't get into it. Anyone else feel like this?

BANNED

Throwing in some art.

Quote Originally Posted by LoneNecromancer View Post
    Throwing in some art.

Ah, Jason and the people who were absolutely not growing on him at all, nope. I love their friendships so much.

Quote Originally Posted by Sherlock Holmes View Post
    Hell yes. I had made the last appreciation thread for him. He has been my Robin and my favorite character in the Batman universe. I have every book he has ever appeared in. Can't wait for Lobdell to get back on the book. Let's all spread the gospel and LET THE PUNISHMENT FIT THE CRIME!
    Mine to. I'm still working at getting every book he's appeared in though. I'm very excited to see Lobdell back as well. The book has been a mess since he left IMHO.

Check out Lion Forge's Catalyst Prime Universe. Its the best damned superhero verse in comics. Diverse characters and interesting stories set in a universe where anyone can be a hero. And company that prides itself on representation both in the comics themselves and in the people behind them.

Astonishing Member

Mine to. I'm still working at getting every book he's appeared in though. I'm very excited to see Lobdell back as well. The book has been a mess since he left IMHO.
    Agreed.

I mean it started going downhill with the Joker tie-ins, but Tynion's stuff just didn't cut it. The art was inconsistent and sometimes just gross. The cast was actually awesome, so the fact that the story we got out of that cast, and the elite of the elite of the Assassins League, was pretty sad. Maybe they'll show up in Tomasi's story and kick total ass.

He was cooler when he was trying to kill aliens.
    Retro315 no more. Anonymity is so 2005.
    retrowarbird.blogspot.com

Has there been (or will there be) a future "sticky" with every appearance he's had (and where it's most recently been collected)?

Quote Originally Posted by E.Nigma View Post
    Has there been (or will there be) a future "sticky" with every appearance he's had (and where it's most recently been collected)?
    I would like to see that myself but if I'm not mistaken not very much of the older stuff has been collected even. There are a few trades out there for some of the bigger stories like The Cult, Death in the Family, Under the Red Hood, Red Hood:Lost Daysand I'm certain his appearances in the pre-reboot Batman and Robin have been collected in the trades for that title. (I have the entire run in floppies though so I'm not interested in the trades) Other stories he was in might be in individual trades for the titles that they apply to and there are also trades for Red Hood and the Outlaws of course but most of the rest is all in individual back issues that for some reasons are really difficult to come by. I had most of the issues back in the day but lost them when a couple of my long boxes got lost during a move.
    Last edited by JasonTodd428; 05-01-2014 at 08:43 AM.

Jason's probably the most underrated Batman character out there.

He's been handled terribly in the past, but the New 52 version is an awesome mix of hero and badass.