Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Gordonstar View Post
    Except Hickman said Secret wars is a memorial for the old universe, and Tom said they're not going backwards also Axel saying it too. They're bringing their old characters in the new battleworld universe.

Unless you think Marvel lies which they never do on the writer forefronts. When Sw hits both earths will crash into each other and destroying both universes and time runs out living nothing behind.
    Once again, no one is talking about going backwards or changing the characters' histories. What's being said -- and what will happen -- is that there will be a new Earth that resembles the old one.

If you really think they aren't going to have a world that corresponds to "the world outside your window" (what Marvel sells themselves on) right at the height of Marvel's popularity (thanks to the movies), and right when they're trying to make the comics most accessible and appealing to a new generation who is more familiar with the movies ... then we're not going to be able to have a rational conversation.

You seriously think the Guardians of the Galaxy won't be having adventures in space? Even though they're probably Marvel's hottest and most recognizable property right now to people not already familiar with the comics?

And, again, I'm not saying that Axel lied. I said he chose his words carefully. Battleworld growing into a new universe would make Battleworld literally "the Marvel Universe going forward." It will, not, however be the only thing in that universe.

BANNED

Why does there have to be a new earth? How do you hyper accelerate earth to a point where it's 2015 when it wasn't even existing at one point 5 hours before? Are they gonna start a new Big Bang? In a universe that already exists?

Marvel said you wouldn't believe the chances they're going to take.

Only rational person is me. You said movies, marvel comics don't even look like the movies, thors still a man and Xmen don't exist. Marvel don't care to match up with the movies.

Moving one character to another earth is still a reboot wise even their planet don't exist anymore. They got their lives rejiggered. unless you think old man Logan is being the main wolverine on earth when obv they still want both versions later. Which they can't do on earth.

They also can't just dump people who don't exist on earth who don't have family or people who don't remember them.

Quote Originally Posted by Dopliss View Post
    From what i remember, Bendis said in the correspondence interview that Old Logan will be greatly affected by the outcome of Secret Wars, which heavily suggests that, even if it's a mini-series, it will at the very least continue post-Secret Wars.
    Plus, not that this means a whole helluva lot but amazon has a trade for old man Logan marked "Vol.0". Theres a very good chance old man Logan ends up being the Wolvie for marvel post SW

Whoops, just repeated someone's post

BANNED

Why does there have to be a new earth?
    Because "the world outside your window." And because money.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gordon
    How do you hyper accelerate earth to a point where it's 2015 when it wasn't even existing at one point 5 hours before?
    How do you mash pieces of a bunch of alternate Earths together into a Battleworld? It's a comic.

Are they gonna start a new Big Bang? In a universe that already exists?
    The universe doesn't exist right now. The point has been emphasized that there is nothing but Battleworld in existence during "Secret Wars" -- no stars, no other planets, nothing.

So a new Big Bang is going to be necessary, yes.

Marvel said you wouldn't believe the chances they're going to take.

Only rational person is me. You said movies, marvel comics don't even look like the movies, thors still a man and Xmen don't exist. Marvel don't care to match up with the movies.
    They care about the audiences seeing the movies, and they definitely aren't counting on a literally dying breed of middle-aged to older White men to buy their comics forever, as you claim. Why do you think they're trying to diversify right now? To appeal to only people already buying? You don't think they want to bring in kids who loved Rocket Raccoon on the big screen to replace us when we're gone?

Moving one character to another earth is still a reboot wise even their planet don't exist anymore.
    I agree. Doesn't mean they won't do it and not call it a reboot. Some people insist that word means only something like DC's "Flashpoint" or the new Valiant comics. You and I might acknowledge wider applications, but Marvel may insist it's not a reboot as long as past continuity isn't erased a la "Crisis On Infinite Earths."
    unless you think old man Logan is being the main wolverine on earth when obv they still want both versions later. Which they can't do on earth.
    They could, but I agree that I doubt they will try to have Old Man Logan and the more familiar 616 Logan in the same place.

They also can't just dump people who don't exist on earth who don't have family or people who don't remember them.
    Of course they can. It's been done many times.before. Nate Grey, Rachel Summers, Bishop, Hyperion, Miguel O'Hara, etc.

Hell, that's practically the whole schtick for Captain America, "The Man Out of Time" himself.
    Last edited by TresDias; 03-29-2015 at 11:32 AM.

BANNED

Except marvel loves supporting casts. And Marvel don't care to make it mirror mostly with the movies. Angela isn't in the movies, and Star lord is written diff.

Plenty of other fictional worlds are not earth in movies or books and sell. Marvels earth never really tackle social problems on earth realistically so I don't see the need for earth anymore.

Battleworld has a moon, they also seem to be drawing stars on art shown. Barren means no aliens are alive or born.

But if they do a new earth, then expect Lady thor to be the first thor and old man Logan replacing 616 logan. Because he is sure as dead forever.

Also expect massive crying on the net of there's a new earth.

Well battleworld does not have a moon except Knowhere. About the stars what DeConnick says in the panel is not a confirmation there will be other celestial body above battleworld.
    You rely too much on the covers.
    Last edited by ian0delond; 03-29-2015 at 01:02 PM.

BANNED

Not really. You do.

Spectacular Member

I would be really happy to see Steve Rogers restored and younger, even if he not Captain America. Perhaps a Power Broker treatment? I think he will get something from Battleworld that will restore his former body.

I actually love different versions of the same character idea, so seeing Parker and Morales active would be very cool with me. I would take Sam as Cap, and Steve can assume another role, even if it would be temporary.

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Jeeze folks let's try to breath here.

1. We're going to get a 616 with characters from the other world retaining their memories. Back when DC converged their series in a lot of cases memories mostly stayed save for a few alterations, but with Marvel we will probably see them keeping all the memories of the past.

2. We're getting a new earth, not battle world, it would be dumb to keep that around too long.

3. Happy to have both X-men and FF in the main universe, I'd rather they not vanish!

Why so much Doom and gloom?
    Why indeed. Let's all just see what happens.

I know what I'm talking about. I use facts and their own words, Even Joe Qeusada once said Video games took a lot of kids away, dem graphics. Also chill off the angry dismissive attitude, it's not impressive.

Anyways, you don't need earth to survive to have good stories. There's no way marvel will reboot, that's is inane as the Xmen hysteria and other fox stuff.

You're changing the past, if the incursions didn't happen. If they did happen how do you explain the contractions in the mulitverse and earth is magically back to normal even people just died 56 secs before that?

How do you explain time itself is dying? Or the beast seeing space time broke? Gonna magically pretend it didn't happen?
    So, Infinity Gauntlet involved a reboot then, when half the universe was killed and then brought back? And the Genis-Vell Captain Marvel, when the universe was restarted entirely, that was a reboot?

They can bring anything back that they choose, without altering the history and calling it a reboot. That just leaves the question of whether in merging the Ultimate characters in, they merge their histories as well or leave them knowing they're cross-universal transplants.

BANNED

None of them a reboot, but a restore.

Except marvel loves supporting casts. And Marvel don't care to make it mirror mostly with the movies. Angela isn't in the movies, and Star lord is written diff.

Plenty of other fictional worlds are not earth in movies or books and sell. Marvels earth never really tackle social problems on earth realistically so I don't see the need for earth anymore.

Battleworld has a moon, they also seem to be drawing stars on art shown. Barren means no aliens are alive or born.

But if they do a new earth, then expect Lady thor to be the first thor and old man Logan replacing 616 logan. Because he is sure as dead forever.

Also expect massive crying on the net of there's a new earth.
    Well, they've said there's nothing but Battleworld, if there are stars they lied. So now we know they're lying, so everything is wide open.

None of them a reboot, but a restore.
    Then they can do the same here, and not have lied, and not be going back. Easy.

BANNED

Nope. Can't do that, unless they have Beyonders never destroyed earths with Doom.

Nope. Can't do that, unless they have Beyonders never destroyed earths with Doom.
    Sure, they can, just as they did in Infinity Gauntlet and with Genis-Vell. Those restorations didn't involve rewriting history to erase the destruction, but just flat out restoring everything. Any reason you think a restoration would be less doable in this case?