Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 12345612 ... LastLast
    Marvel's 1st Superhero Reviresco's Avatar

Never happened to me, either. But I don't think creators (or anyone) not responding to my mail is rude. Everyone has time restraints, and these guys aren't getting paid on the clock. They get paid by the page. Taking time to answer all the fans is taking time from increasing their page count.

Also, I sometimes feel that the social media of certain creators, especially twitter, is more like a conversation between friends. Me interjecting myself in there sometimes makes me feel ... uncomfortable and pushy. But tumblr or formspring, where the creators have an 'ask' button, I don't hesitate to ask, but POLITELY.
    Namor the Sub-Mariner, Marvel's oldest character, will have been published for 85 years in 2024. So where's my GOOD Namor anniversary ongoing, Marvel?

I don't have any expectations from the creators except to write and draw stories. If they want to communicate with fans, that's nice. I don't expect them to spend their free time talking about comics all day with fans, and I would prefer they spend their working time thinking up stories as opposed to responding to tweets.
    The Worlds Greatest Comic Magazine Review - Vol 1 (Issues 1-50) and Vol 2 (Issues 51-102)

Ultimate Member

Creators aren't obligated to reply anyone they don't want/have to on their Twitter page.

I've communicated with creators a number of times via social media and I haven't had any negative experiences (granted I was polite) but I have seen Tom Brevoort get tough with some rude fans. But that's understandable.
    Last edited by Username taken; 04-04-2015 at 12:32 PM.

Kurt Busiek is the best. We even have a thread called Ask Kurt Busiek. We ask questions and he responds as he's able to.

I don't hold any writer accountable to answer any questions I ask. I'm not entitled to anything. I've had writers respond to some of the mail I've sent to the letters page of certain titles and they've always been courteous.

I asked G. Willow Wilson a Ms. Marvel-related question via Tumblr about two weeks ago. Still no response, though I wasn't expecting one anyway. She's likely got non-disclosure agreements with Marvel and all that.
    She is Kamala Khan... The Magnificent Ms. Marvel!

Blocking people on twitter is Dan Slott's favorite pastime.
    BB

Niffleheim

I was forced to unfollow Dan Slott because he was responding to too many Spidey questions lol! but i never minded the tweets on Silver Surfer thou
    "Dedra Meero is not just a woman in a men’s world, but a fascist in a world of fascists.” - Denise Gough

Fantastic Member

I've tweeted various creators and industry professionals; usually I've had replies, sometimes I haven't - I've never been blocked though.

I've actually had Slott reply to a question I asked. I also tried asking Skottie Young if he'd still be working on Rocket Raccoon when Secret Wars was out but he didn't respond. I'm pretty sure I've never been blocked though.

Extraordinary Member

I've gotten blocked by creators I never mentioned or tweeted at before. I think sometimes they may block people from a list, or people who have mentioned something they don't want to hear about - i.e. if you get blocked it might not actually be because of what you said to them.

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Darthfury78 View Post
    Have you guys ever try to contact your favorite comic book writers about anything that either relates to their work or other comic books titles that they might have worked on in the past? But you never get a response from them respectively or they just block you from either their Twitter account or they personal website? Sometimes, I find it rude when some writers or artists never reply to a fan question relating to the comics titles that they'll working on or their opinions on other related characters. For example, I once asked Charles Soule a few questions relating to the She-Hulk as to whether or not Spider-Man would make an appearance, as well as my opinion regarding their potential friendship. He replied by saying that he can't legally look at fan ideas, even though I only ask if Spider-Man would be making a guest appearance or not. I asked him about his personal opinion as to whether he thought if Jennifer Walters and Peter Parker would be very good friends based on the fact that they were both social outcast growing up and how they used their superhero persona to display their respective inner confidence. The only thing that I got was a complete block from his Twitter account. I felt so dejected from that experience as to how rude some of these writers can be as to whether or not some of them are even willing to talk to fans about their favorite characters.

Let me know if you have had a similar experience with a writer who just blow you off when all you were asking is questions relating to their work...
    Wait aren't you the same guy that forced Dan Slott to look at your ideas about a peter and she hulk dating for whatever reason? Soule only blocked you because he legally can't look at fan ideas because if he ever did do a peter x she hulk romance, people like you could sue marvel because you came up with the idea. Honestly, your ship will never work now because of you forcing it on to writers.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonPiece View Post
    Wait aren't you the same guy that forced Dan Slott to look at your ideas about a peter and she hulk dating for whatever reason?
    Whoa, what?

BANNED

Be cool with them, they'll be cool with you. Generally how it works.

The very same.

Wait aren't you the same guy that forced Dan Slott to look at your ideas about a peter and she hulk dating for whatever reason? Soule only blocked you because he legally can't look at fan ideas because if he ever did do a peter x she hulk romance, people like you could sue marvel because you came up with the idea. Honestly, your ship will never work now because of you forcing it on to writers.

BANNED

If this was really true, gabriel bá and fabio moon would be in a bad place now