Quote Originally Posted by MindofShadow View Post
Does this book come out reguarly?

I have tried to get into non big 2 comics before. But the... inconsistency of publishing threw me off and I would just find myself becoming disinterested.

Is it best ot just read it all at once rather than depend on it coming out each month?

So far, at least, the publication schedule for East of West has been exceptionally regular: monthly issues with single-month breaks for TPB releases in lieu of a new issue. If reliability of release is your only concern, you shouldn't have a problem keeping up.

However, the decision about whether or not you read the title monthly or in collected editions may also depend on how you prefer to enjoy very long-form storytelling. As I mentioned a few times on the old forum, Hickman's strategy for East of West has been largely mosaic. The series is geographically expansive with a kaleidoscope of characters. Each issue is a layered, rich glimpse into a small piece of this world, but the story depends on the cumulative effect of the issues to make sense of the large-scale apocalypse. It's not particularly linear, though it is more or less chronological. It also expects readers to recall details and dialogue from earlier issues, some months prior, to appreciate the intricacy of Hickman's world-building. Personally, I enjoy savoring each issue on its own, since every one is rich enough in style and substance to warrant close scrutiny and consideration and to reward anticipation and prediction. If, however, you tend to be impatient with what sometimes seems to be leisurely and scattered storytelling, you might prefer reading it in collected editions.