Page 614 of 808 FirstFirst ... 114514564604610611612613614615616617618624664714 ... LastLast
Results 9,196 to 9,210 of 12112
    Play and tracking

Hey did you guys saw that ANW is in the Best of 2017 Nominees for IGN's best comic book series?
    Here's the link: http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-201...ic_Book_Series

Also Tom Taylor is in for best of 2017 Nominees for Best Comic Book Writer: http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-201...ic_Book_Writer

There are people's choice polls at the bottom of both pages if you guys are interested in voting.
    Last edited by Play and tracking; 12-05-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Play and tracking View Post
    Hey did you guys saw that ANW is in the Best of 2017 Nominees for IGN's best comic book series?
    Here's the link: http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-201...ic_Book_Series

Also Tom Taylor is in for best of 2017 Nominees for Best Comic Book Writer: http://www.ign.com/wikis/best-of-201...ic_Book_Writer

There are people's choice polls at the bottom of both pages if you guys are interested in voting.
    Well, always nice to see people and things getting recognition. (Kinda disappointed to see that Kieron Gillen [Star Wars: Darth Vader, Star Wars: Doctor Aphra didn't get nominated; I've been really liking the comics he's been writing lately.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    So I was just thinking:

If Fox sells its media assets (including the X-Men) to Disney, there's a strong probability that Disney will reboot the X-Men outright rather than build from the Fox franchise. This has frustrated many of us in the thread, because it would likely kill the X-23 movie, and mean it will be YEARS (if ever) before we get her back in the films again.

But how funny would it be if Disney were to decide to skip using Logan, and jump right to Laura, instead, much like how they used the Scott Lang Ant-Man with Pym in the background as a retired mentor figure?

With all the people geeking out over seeing Wolverine in the iconic costume, it'd be an EPIC troll if DisMar were to use All-New Wolverine as the basis instead.
    Fun? yes
    Realistic? no

Because unfortunately Logan is still able to make money, and Disney is not going to pass off the chance to use the most profitable of all the X-Men and likely have him show up in Spiderman or Avengers.

In regards to live-action Laura however... maybe on TV as part of a team in an attempt to match DC's Teen Titans, if that becomes a thing.

So I was just thinking:

If Fox sells its media assets (including the X-Men) to Disney, there's a strong probability that Disney will reboot the X-Men outright rather than build from the Fox franchise. This has frustrated many of us in the thread, because it would likely kill the X-23 movie, and mean it will be YEARS (if ever) before we get her back in the films again.

But how funny would it be if Disney were to decide to skip using Logan, and jump right to Laura, instead, much like how they used the Scott Lang Ant-Man with Pym in the background as a retired mentor figure?

With all the people geeking out over seeing Wolverine in the iconic costume, it'd be an EPIC troll if DisMar were to use All-New Wolverine as the basis instead.
    I don't think it would be fun I like Logan. I like Laura too though.
    Quote Originally Posted by Outside_85 View Post
    Fun? yes
    Realistic? no

Because unfortunately Logan is still able to make money, and Disney is not going to pass off the chance to use the most profitable of all the X-Men and likely have him show up in Spiderman or Avengers.

In regards to live-action Laura however... maybe on TV as part of a team in an attempt to match DC's Teen Titans, if that becomes a thing.
    I would very much like to see Laura back on the big screen but I would settle for a TV show. If they go that route they HAVE to make sure she shows up in the movies at some point though.
    You brought back Wolverine

The CBR Community Standards a.k.a how to get along.

I feel inclined to point out that including mutants in the MCU at this point would be a bit of a "square peg, round hole" scenario; there's no place for them, and while the Fox films are mixed bag they're hardly a failure.

There is a good probability that they stay in their own universe and that next to nothing will change.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    I feel inclined to point out that including mutants in the MCU at this point would be a bit of a "square peg, round hole" scenario; there's no place for them, and while the Fox films are mixed bag they're hardly a failure.

There is a good probability that they stay in their own universe and that next to nothing will change.
    Possibly, if talk of Ant Man and the Wasp showcasing the multiverse is true!

Motorcycle driving class:

8DD72B5D-1A38-40EA-9183-0BC06FBEC156.jpg
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    The one thing I hope for once Logan returns is for he and Laura to ACTUALLY get some real father/daughter time together.

The one thing I hope for once Logan returns is for he and Laura to ACTUALLY get some real father/daughter time together.
    That’s one thing I could never understand about Logan - he was such a good father figure to his other protégés (I mean, aside from constantly placing them in mortal danger), but he was always so standoffish with Laura, who arguably needed his help the most.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

That’s one thing I could never understand about Logan - he was such a good father figure to his other protégés (I mean, aside from constantly placing them in mortal danger), but he was always so standoffish with Laura, who arguably needed his help the most.
    Father/Child dynamics can be suuuuuuuuuper weird. My dad was GREAT with children -- other than his own. <shrug>

Good, more people need to open their eyes up and recognize young upcoming talent!

Spectacular Member

i always wondered about that too. my personal opinion is that he didn't want her around him because of the dangers he faces. it was like his own weird way of protecting her so she wouldn't be in situations where she may need to kill people and eventually turn out just like him. plus based on the issue where Laura teamed up with squirrel girl her dream showed that Logan believed Laura would be better off away from him. not only that but Laura needed to make relationships and handle being around people and Logan is the ultimate Loner.

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    i always wondered about that too. my personal opinion is that he didn't want her around him because of the dangers he faces. it was like his own weird way of protecting her so she wouldn't be in situations where she may need to kill people and eventually turn out just like him. plus based on the issue where Laura teamed up with squirrel girl her dream showed that Logan believed Laura would be better off away from him. not only that but Laura needed to make relationships and handle being around people and Logan is the ultimate Loner.
    While that could be part of it.. it seemed to me that in the beginning Logan didn’t know what to do with her. He didn’t even know how to label the relationship, hence originally calling her his sister before admitting she was his clone. He definitely did not envision a father daughter relationship. And who can blame him really as it’s a bizarre situation to find oneself in.

Later in X-Force it became clear that Logan saw Laura on his level as a killer, I.e. when he yelled at her about Rahne and how she was better than both of them, and she was who they died for. This carried over into the Liu series when Gambit told Logan that Laura noticed how he treated Jubilee differently and it hurt her.

Logan had a lot of mixed feelings about his relationship to Laura for the majority of their time together.

Meh.
    F**k Logan -- old or "young".

Bring me more Gambit, Daken and Hellion. I am all about the family you MAKE.

Sh*t, I'll take a cameo from Jubilee over Logan. Sorry y'all.