Page 632 of 808 FirstFirst ... 132532582622628629630631632633634635636642682732 ... LastLast
Results 9,466 to 9,480 of 12112

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    I was just coming here to post that after I saw it on Taylor's Twitter. They bring up a lot of excellent points; the book may not be PERFECT and has had its down moments, but it's quality is very much a "sum of its parts" measurement.

I definitely agree with them on the art team issue. I think the Morissett-Pham/Virella rotation really hurt EotSII. Virella just didn't bring the emotion a kinetic action the arc required, and Morissett's pencils were a noticeable step back from Lopez and Takara (and I just couldn't not be distracted by the funky shading that made everyone look like they had charcoal on their noses). The book really needs a consistent art team, and I wish that Cabal — a few funky Gabby faces aside — was sticking around long-term. His creative use of text and panels gives the series a unique visual look that sets it apart from the other books out there.

The commentary on how it tears down the whole "Female Child Assassin" archetype is particularly interesting. Taylor moving Laura away from her killer past has certainly been one of the bigger points of contention for X-23 fans, but the article makes a superb point that it's not something occurring in a vacuum — even Cassandra and, on the gender flip side, Damien — are being pushed beyond those origins.

Definitely a great article.
    I read the article and agree with all the points made. Taylor just confirmed Cabal's "wrapping" and I'm left feeling a bit devastated -- which is only exacerbated by that article's points about the rotating art issue. Cabal has been a god send to the tonal success of this latest and greatest arc, imho. Its doubly sad because the arc isn't over. I wish it could've completed WITH Cabal guiding us. I think about how much this arc has impacted me, emotionally, and I give significant credit for that impact to the success of the visual translation of Taylor's story. ART is KEY, for me anyway. I lament back on previous arcs, wondering how the right artist would elevate things in the way Cabal has done. I mean, imagine Mike Choi doing that arc with Jean and the trigger scent etc. That would've been sick.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    I read the article and agree with all the points made. Taylor just confirmed Cabal's "wrapping" and I'm left feeling a bit devastated -- which is only exacerbated by that article's points about the rotating art issue. Cabal has been a god send to the tonal success of this latest and greatest arc, imho. Its doubly sad because the arc isn't over. I wish it could've completed WITH Cabal guiding us. I think about how much this arc has impacted me, emotionally, and I give significant credit for that impact to the success of the visual translation of Taylor's story. ART is KEY, for me anyway. I lament back on previous arcs, wondering how the right artist would elevate things in the way Cabal has done. I mean, imagine Mike Choi doing that arc with Jean and the trigger scent etc. That would've been sick.
    He finished the arc; the artist changes on #31 to Marco Failla and to Djibril Morissette-Phan for #32.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 01-02-2018 at 10:50 AM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    He finished the arc; the artist changes on #31 to Marco Failla and to Djibril Morissette-Phan for #32.
    ack! I just popped back in to announce the same -- thanks to Taylor replying to my tweets. I am sooooo relieved too.

Speaking about Laura she's teased to be a playable character in Marvel Future Fight. I'm Hype
    Resized_X-23_v3.jpg

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DragonKent17 View Post
    Speaking about Laura she's teased to be a playable character in Marvel Future Fight. I'm Hype
    Resized_X-23_v3.jpg
    I still want an X-23 stealth-actioner.

Resized_X-23_v3.jpg
    Cool. Wish I had a tablet or something so I could play that game.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

So, Phoenix Resurrection #2 is out.

spoilers:
    Not all THAT much of a role for Laura. As expected, the Old Man gets to do all the important stuff during the briefing scene, and she gets relegated to the background. Her only speaking parts comes during the confrontation with Ghostneto. The fact that she's on a team with Hellion is unremarked on. In fact, they don't even speak to each other AT ALL. Yeah, she's able to give Ghostneto a foot claw lobotomy to end the threat, but that's the only reason it worked; even if the real Magneto only knew going into the fight about the hand claws, he wouldn't have missed the metal in her feet.
    end of spoilers

Resized_X-23_v3.jpg
    Looks promising. Haven't had much time to play Future Fight, but the recent influx of X-men characters has given me more reasons to give that game another chance. If X-23 joins the cast, then I think that'll help make the wait in between issues of All-New Wolverine that much more bearable.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

Astonishing Member

So, Phoenix Resurrection #2 is out.

spoilers:
    Not all THAT much of a role for Laura. As expected, the Old Man gets to do all the important stuff during the briefing scene, and she gets relegated to the background. Her only speaking parts comes during the confrontation with Ghostneto. The fact that she's on a team with Hellion is unremarked on. In fact, they don't even speak to each other AT ALL. Yeah, she's able to give Ghostneto a foot claw lobotomy to end the threat, but that's the only reason it worked; even if the real Magneto only knew going into the fight about the hand claws, he wouldn't have missed the metal in her feet.
    end of spoilers
    Look at the bright side at least shes doing somthing, and she should be doing more considering she'll be joining red. It was better then the cashgrab post credit sceen in captan America.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Dthirds3 View Post
    Look at the bright side at least shes doing somthing, and she should be doing more considering she'll be joining red. It was better then the cashgrab post credit sceen in captan America.
    Her Generations one-shot was supposed to be built to out of Secret Empire, but we know how THAT went.

Astonishing Member

Her Generations one-shot was supposed to be built to out of Secret Empire, but we know how THAT went.
    Unlike generation's that was added in last minute, resurrection and red were accule thought out. Rember there are still three issues left and some of the imiges from them show her. She should have a few more chances to do somting.

BANNED

So, mentioned the lack of interaction between Laura and Julian on Twitter. Rosenberg's explanation is that maybe they're not on the best of terms.

Which would be fine, but show don't tell, man.

So, mentioned the lack of interaction between Laura and Julian on Twitter. Rosenberg's explanation is that maybe they're not on the best of terms.

Writer rule #1: Off-panel doesn’t count.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Which series are we talking about again?

(FIY, generally agree. Seeing where the X-23 series left them, I would very much believe it if they remained estranged, but it would be a lot more interesting to see it play out in a conversation or something. Does kind of seem the character's relationship has been a series of missed opportunities, from where I'm sitting. The series never did much with them when the relationship was still forming and nothing's really come out of the breakup.)
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Which series are we talking about again?

(FIY, generally agree. Seeing where the X-23 series left them, I would very much believe it if they remained estranged, but it would be a lot more interesting to see it play out in a conversation or something. Does kind of seem the character's relationship has been a series of missed opportunities, from where I'm sitting. The series never did much with them when the relationship was still forming and nothing's really come out of the breakup.)
    The panels they shared leading up to the Ghostneto fight in PR #2. I get it if that's what Rosenberg was going for, the problem was it just didn't come across that they were ignoring each other was because it was awkward being in a room together.
    Last edited by Ambaryerno; 01-03-2018 at 01:42 PM.