Page 659 of 808 FirstFirst ... 159559609649655656657658659660661662663669709759 ... LastLast
Results 9,871 to 9,885 of 12112
    Astonishing Member

I think X-23 is a cool name, and I also think Weapon XIV is a cooler name than Stepford Cuckoos.
    I dont see why people are generally so against these characters keeping those names.

They aren’t names so much as experimental designations. It’s all the baggage that comes WITH those names you know?

I actually kind of like Talon as a code name. That or Raptor. Both kind of point to the awesomeness of the foot claw.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Darzefader View Post
    Attachment 61711

(outdated meme) what are those!?!?
    That was sarcasm

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Beaubier View Post
    That was sarcasm
    I know but my need to shitpost was too immense to pass up the opportunity

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Ambaryerno View Post
    Look for MORE teeth-gnashing if that were to be the case. You'll have X-23 fans on one hand railing about why she can't come up with something of her own, and haters on the other who will just use it as more fuel to baselessly rant about how unoriginal she is.
    Well at least the Ronin identity isn't being used right now. It'd set her apart more than the mantle of the Wolverine.

Quote Originally Posted by lurkerforyears View Post
    I think X-23 is a cool name, and I also think Weapon XIV is a cooler name than Stepford Cuckoos.
    I don't see why people are generally so against these characters keeping those names.
    I'm so used to calling her X-23 because that was her designated codename for so many years, but that's not who she is anymore. She's not an experiment any longer- she's her own person and she's carving her own path.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    I actually kind of like Talon as a code name. That or Raptor. Both kind of point to the awesomeness of the foot claw.
    I think it fits. But to make that shift I think we'd need a decent arc in regards to Laura giving up the mantle of the Wolverine, and why she would choose to become Talon.

BANNED

How old is Laura supposed to be now? I took a look at ANW #30 and saw that Henry Sutter is an adult. So I am wondering how much she has been aged up. Thanks.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Mia View Post
    How old is Laura supposed to be now? I took a look at ANW #30 and saw that Henry Sutter is an adult. So I am wondering how much she has been aged up. Thanks.
    She’s 20 years old. Henry is 2-3 years older than he should be, which was either a miscalculation (even Innocence Lost and Target X conflict on the timeline) or just Comic Book Time in effect (he wouldn’t be the first character to age at a different rate than another).

She’s 20 years old. Henry is 2-3 years older than he should be, which was either a miscalculation (even Innocence Lost and Target X conflict on the timeline) or just Comic Book Time in effect (he wouldn’t be the first character to age at a different rate than another).
    He was conceived when she was 7, supposedly he's 18 now, he's like 6 years older then he should be.
    Last edited by Nazrel; 02-06-2018 at 07:49 PM.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!

BANNED

Mangold was asked on Twitter today if he still had hope for the X-23 movie happening. His response was that he did.

Still think that Fox should be pushing this one instead of Gambit. ESPECIALLY now that Gambit got delayed yet AGAIN.

Spectacular Member

so x-men red came out. i liked it and Laura was involved enough to satisfy me. also i really hope this book finally bring peace between humans and mutants. seriously i have read a lot of x-men comics and it always feel like as soon as things get better they turn around and get worse. the x-men animated series, which i grew up with, has a more positive outlook on human mutant relationship than the comics.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jhack53 View Post
    so x-men red came out. i liked it and Laura was involved enough to satisfy me. also i really hope this book finally bring peace between humans and mutants. seriously i have read a lot of x-men comics and it always feel like as soon as things get better they turn around and get worse. the x-men animated series, which i grew up with, has a more positive outlook on human mutant relationship than the comics.
    I understand the whole premise of the X-Men being a persecuted minority. But it only works when it done in a real world way. For example one might harbour negative opinions about group X but would not raise a finger or do anything to harm them. That's probably the way most people would behave because we all know that hurting others is wrong.

Making virtually 99.9% of humans bad and evil who want to see mutants dead. Is just over the top, and frankly looks as if someone is looking for pity. Which seemed to be the tone of most of the X books, ever since the M-Day happened.Even in real life situations when minorities have been killed such as in the Holocaust or Rwandan Genocide. There were usually other extenuating factors that brought persecution (ie. Economic collapse) it did not just happen in and of itself.

I stated on the Marvel boards that I would like to see a battle between the X-Men and Inhumans (no not like IvsX) but more along the lines of the Hellfire Club and Enulux get into a business related war and it spills over to other Inhuman and mutant groups. But I don't see Marvel or any of the writers willing to tackle something that sophisticated.

Quote Originally Posted by Nazrel View Post
    He was conceived when she was 7, supposedly he's 18 now, he's like 6 years older then he should be.
    Really? My memory could be wrong, but I thought that the comic showed Sutter and Rice's affair going on while Sarah Kinney was trying to crack the DNA problems.

Mangold was asked on Twitter today if he still had hope for the X-23 movie happening. His response was that he did.
    Even if it's not a given that it will go through, that's good to hear.

Still think that Fox should be pushing this one instead of Gambit. ESPECIALLY now that Gambit got delayed yet AGAIN.
    Well, one could possibly counter-argue that Gambit is farther along, so would be a more likely investment on those terms, although it is really odd that this movie can't seem to get off the ground.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Amilcar Pinna’s version of Laura.

Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Really? My memory could be wrong, but I thought that the comic showed Sutter and Rice's affair going on while Sarah Kinney was trying to crack the DNA problems.
    They were, but the "I'm pregnant and it's yours" scene happened when she was 7.
    Context is king.

X-23's most basic surface level characteristic that any idiot should grasp: Stoicism.
    I don't demand that her every minor appearance be a nuance in-depth examination of her character, but is it to much to ask she be written in Archetype?! This is storytelling 101! If you want people to stay invested in a character, you need to, at the bare minimum, write them such a way that they can plausibly be believed to be the same character!