Page 43 of 91 FirstFirst ... 3339404142434445464753 ... LastLast
    BANNED

Happy Birthday to the late GREAT Gil Kane!!!

Marvel Team-Up #30 Cover by Gil Kane. It's a strange cover though. You have Spider-Man in the center of the action, but the big co-star, The Falcon is pretty small in the background. At least Redwing is in there!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Psycwave View Post
    The King Of Birds. Often deemed a joke and nothing more than a sidekick this thread to is to appreciate the true greatness of the man. Sam Wilson aka The Falcon!

To me, this scene is to be featured in the upcoming Captain America Civil War movie. The line is, to me, also great.

So I just finished reading All New Captain America. Only 6 issues, but I did enjoy it. However, what happened in between this title & Captain America Sam Wilson?

Was the reveal of Misty not working for S.H.I.E.L.D just dropped? And what about Hydra infiltrating all the super groups?

Am I missing something here?

Supernatural Inhuman! Lucena Soares's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Andru View Post
    So I just finished reading All New Captain America. Only 6 issues, but I did enjoy it. However, what happened in between this title & Captain America Sam Wilson?

Was the reveal of Misty not working for S.H.I.E.L.D just dropped? And what about Hydra infiltrating all the super groups?

Am I missing something here?
    When Remender left Marvel pretty much all his plot points were dropped because no one wanted to follow them. Them the 8 month jump was used to explain it all away.
    Everything Lives!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    When Remender left Marvel pretty much all his plot points were dropped because no one wanted to follow them. Them the 8 month jump was used to explain it all away.
    Yeah, as much as I'm loving Spencer on Cap, I'm a little bummed that the Hydra infiltrating every super team plot was abandoned. I'm sure that was lined up to be a major, line-wide event in the ANAD era had Remender stayed but once he left, it seems like it was just quietly let go. That said, there is big Hydra stuff brewing so you never know - some of what Remender set up in that regard might be incorporated into Spencer's plans.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucena Soares View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Prof. Warren View Post
    Yeah, as much as I'm loving Spencer on Cap, I'm a little bummed that the Hydra infiltrating every super team plot was abandoned. I'm sure that was lined up to be a major, line-wide event in the ANAD era had Remender stayed but once he left, it seems like it was just quietly let go. That said, there is big Hydra stuff brewing so you never know - some of what Remender set up in that regard might be incorporated into Spencer's plans.
    Thank you both !!!

So as much as I like the MCU version of Sam, does anyone kind of wish they'd still kept his job as a social worker? I feel that's an angle that would be interesting if explored on film.

Quote Originally Posted by Agent Z View Post
    So as much as I like the MCU version of Sam, does anyone kind of wish they'd still kept his job as a social worker? I feel that's an angle that would be interesting if explored on film.
    I think it would have been nice, but having him work with fellow veterans imo solidifies him as a man of the people and it gives him credentials in hand to hand combat. So in the end I think it still gave an idea of what kind of man Sam Wilson is.

continues to get better and better in each Marvel film.
    "History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.

It's really impossible for any big name super hero with their identity publically known to have any sort of normal job.

If Sam becomes a social worker, there's a descent chance any of his co-workers or clients will end up targets of the Red Skull or Baron Zemo or whatever. You can do that sort of thing with a secret identity, but once the cat is out of the bag everyone in their civilian live walks around with a bullseye.

I thought that his counseling position was kind of a nod to social work. he's helping people reacclimate themselves to civilian life.

They're combining elements of 616 Sam with Ultimates Sam which is a good idea imo. Similar to how they're doing Steve.

Invincible Member

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Watkins View Post
    I thought that his counseling position was kind of a nod to social work. he's helping people reacclimate themselves to civilian life.
    That's how I kinda saw it.

Invincible Member

I wouldn't mind however seeing more social work or community outreach in Sam's ongoing. It'd be a good way to tell interesting stories that you're not going to get with modern Steve Rogers.

I liked how they used Redwing in the Civil War movie, but I still wish it would've been a live /CGI bird.

"History of the DC Universe" by Wolfman and Perez, when the DCU use to make sense.