Page 138 of 231 FirstFirst ... 3888128134135136137138139140141142148188 ... LastLast
Results 2,056 to 2,070 of 3451

Man that whole storyline with Bling and Mercury from Wood's run still rubs me the wrong way.

Roxy is lying about Cessily, she's practically gaslighting her, making everyone think she was the agressor for no reason. And that's the one NXM relationship that's stuck? Ugh.

Quote Originally Posted by 9th. View Post
    Wow that has to be one the best trolls I've ever seen. Where is this from?
    Wolverine & Jubilee #1 - Santo was crushing pretty hard on her in that mini. Jubes was just trying to concentrate on not killing everyone around her.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Quote Originally Posted by Dementia5 View Post
    Wolverine & Jubilee #1 - Santo was crushing pretty hard on her in that mini. Jubes was just trying to concentrate on not killing everyone around her.
    thanks, i'll add it to my massive backlog
    Reading List (Super behind but reading them nonetheless):
    DC: Currently figuring that out
    Marvel: Read above
    Image: Killadelphia, Nightmare Blog
    Other: The Antagonist, Something is Killing the Children, Avatar: TLAB
    Manga: My Hero Academia, MHA: Vigilanties, Soul Eater: the Perfect Edition, Berserk, Hunter X Hunter, Witch Hat Atelier, Kaiju No. 8

Quote Originally Posted by Beetle View Post
    Man that whole storyline with Bling and Mercury from Wood's run still rubs me the wrong way.

Roxy is lying about Cessily, she's practically gaslighting her, making everyone think she was the agressor for no reason. And that's the one NXM relationship that's stuck? Ugh.
    Yeah, that story just wasn't.....good. It was weird that Wood seemed to have such a solid grass on the NXM kids yet wrote Bling! and Mercury soooooo differently from their past writers. Roxy doesn't seem like the sort to be emotionally manipulative or gaslight someone, and Cess definitely doesn't seem like the type to just straight up punch someone for being a creep. I wish we had more of her side of the story, as in maybe her confiding in Julian about the situation or looking into her thoughts about what went down.

But I wish someone would do SOMETHING with the relationship. Strain said she didn't want to focus on Roxy's sexuality which,,,,,,,didn't really make sense but Cess made some appearances and the series is over so what can I do?

Quote Originally Posted by nj06 View Post
    I was never a fan of Julian and Laura. I much preferred him with Sofia, who I wish they would feature again. Just cause she is powerless doesn't mean she is useless! I would still like her to be around the others, helping and supporting any way she can. I would also like for her powers to return.
    I preferred Julian with Sofia, but am so turned off by Hellion for the way he treated Laura like a literal dog that I don't want him with either.

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I don't care if Julian ends up with Laura, Sofia, one or more Stepford Cuckoos or Victor, I just want him back, and with hands. And Sofia, with her powers restored. (For all we know, she already has gotten her powers back in the last re-empowering event, but remained off-panel and we just didn't see it. Maybe she's super-heroing in her native Venezuela?)

It's amazing how many great characters were introduced in this generation.
    I am living for fellow Sofia support! I hope Rosenberg's plans for Sofia actually make it to print (unless she's cannon fodder lol).

The Detective Man The Dying Detective's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Spinster Sinister View Post
    I preferred Julian with Sofia, but am so turned off by Hellion for the way he treated Laura like a literal dog that I don't want him with either.
    You know Julian was being handled by writers who wrote like they were on drugs right?
    "Excellent!" I cried. "Elementary," said he

Quote Originally Posted by The Dying Detective View Post
    You know Julian was being handled by writers who wrote like they were on drugs right?
    More of a case of a writer seeking an outlet for her problems and Julian taking the blunt of it
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by The Big G View Post
    More of a case of a writer seeking an outlet for her problems and Julian taking the brunt of it
    I really wonder why Liu just didn't come clean about her problems in the first place instead of making the fanbase even more divided than before? It's now up to Taylor or Tamaki to facilitate his and Laura's reunion as well work hard to redeem Julian's bad reputation among fans. Though Taylor should not have included Julian in the funeral when he wasn't really going to do anything with him. Has Tamaki said anything about the supporting cast she wants to make for her run?

I really wonder why Liu just didn't come clean about her problems in the first place instead of making the fanbase even more divided than before? It's now up to Taylor or Tamaki to facilitate his and Laura's reunion as well work hard to redeem Julian's bad reputation among fans. Though Taylor should not have included Julian in the funeral when he wasn't really going to do anything with him. Has Tamaki said anything about the supporting cast she wants to make for her run?
    Its always hard talking about personal issues when they're going on. And Im not entiely sure it was all on Liu either, editorial at the time was pretty hell bent on moving Laura away from the X-Men proper before Bendis brought her back in ANX, so i think that might have been a factor as well.

And its been a couple editorial shifts since then, and it seems that at least some of the main X-writers seem to at least acknowledge that this is something fans are invested in. But at the say time writers should be given the benefit of the doubt to go out and tell their story. Right now the two writers are Taylor and Tamaki (T&T) and we just kinda have to wait and see how things play out.
    Captain, in Order to build a better world, sometimes means tearing the old one down... And that makes enemies.

Its always hard talking about personal issues when they're going on. And Im not entiely sure it was all on Liu either, editorial at the time was pretty hell bent on moving Laura away from the X-Men proper before Bendis brought her back in ANX, so i think that might have been a factor as well.

And its been a couple editorial shifts since then, and it seems that at least some of the main X-writers seem to at least acknowledge that this is something fans are invested in. But at the say time writers should be given the benefit of the doubt to go out and tell their story. Right now the two writers are Taylor and Tamaki (T&T) and we just kinda have to wait and see how things play out.
    I heard of that too people speculated that the reason why Laura's solo went the way it did was because they wanted to shift her to the Avenger's corner of Marvel but it still doesn't explain the horrible story. But yeah it can't always be the fault of the writers the editors are to blame as well. That's good to hear that some writers in the X-office do know what the fans want question is do they have the skill to do it? From what I could find of Tamaki's She-Hulk work she did more talking than action but I'm not sure whether she can do Laura any better than Taylor. Taylor has been handling her the longest since Dennis Hopeless's series got cancelled and he's kind of made Laura dull and his stories lack in planning. But nevertheless I will give them a chance but Taylor is kind making me lose my patience with him.

Astonishing Member

I heard of that too people speculated that the reason why Laura's solo went the way it did was because they wanted to shift her to the Avenger's corner of Marvel but it still doesn't explain the horrible story. But yeah it can't always be the fault of the writers the editors are to blame as well. That's good to hear that some writers in the X-office do know what the fans want question is do they have the skill to do it? From what I could find of Tamaki's She-Hulk work she did more talking than action but I'm not sure whether she can do Laura any better than Taylor. Taylor has been handling her the longest since Dennis Hopeless's series got cancelled and he's kind of made Laura dull and his stories lack in planning. But nevertheless I will give them a chance but Taylor is kind making me lose my patience with him.
    The thing is you kind of stated why Tamaki would do a good job. The reasion she hulk was so ill receved was the ptsd plot. Tamaki handled that plot perfictly bjt it didn't work with the she hulk and hut the book (the last issue when it was gon was perfect), but it fits Laura. I see Tamaki run being very similer to Liu, less traditional superheroics more of the emotional/psychological side of Laura.

Well I'll admit im not overly familiar with Tamaki's previous works, from the people i've talked with it seems mostly mixed to negative. Now if her first issue is coming out in july, we should be getting some info on the book in the coming week or so since July solicits will be out later this month. As for Taylor, i don't really have any patience to lose. From the beginning of his run he has been pretty kind in saying that he understands fans displeasure with what happened and acknowledge Julian's importance, he didn't really have any plans to do something. And if he did bring Julian into the fold it would be in a meaningful story. Now oddly enough between the funeral appearance and the AF reconciliation...he may be laying the ground works for something to happen in Red. OR he may not and he may decided to be a kind guy and threw us a bone to get off his back. IDK.

Well I'll admit im not overly familiar with Tamaki's previous works, from the people i've talked with it seems mostly mixed to negative. Now if her first issue is coming out in july, we should be getting some info on the book in the coming week or so since July solicits will be out later this month. As for Taylor, i don't really have any patience to lose. From the beginning of his run he has been pretty kind in saying that he understands fans displeasure with what happened and acknowledge Julian's importance, he didn't really have any plans to do something. And if he did bring Julian into the fold it would be in a meaningful story. Now oddly enough between the funeral appearance and the AF reconciliation...he may be laying the ground works for something to happen in Red. OR he may not and he may decided to be a kind guy and threw us a bone to get off his back. IDK.
    Tamaki seems to like writing damaged characters first She-Hulk now Laura. I'm not quite sure what she stands to gain though by putting Laura in this identity crisis situation but I hope it hist a home run after Taylor's weirdness. Gabby kind reads like some sort character from the Silver Age who died and came back from the dead. How do you guess that Taylor understands the fans displeasure over his writing of Laura aside from possibly throwing fans a bone b saying he understands how important Julian is, putting him in a funeral where he should not even be at, and that future scenario?

I really wonder why Liu just didn't come clean about her problems in the first place instead of making the fanbase even more divided than before?
    Maybe the story seemed like a good idea at the time? Also not everyone has a huge stake in it. I personally am not offended by its existence, given that sometimes crap happened between people.

It's now up to Taylor or Tamaki to facilitate his and Laura's reunion as well work hard to redeem Julian's bad reputation among fans.
    If it works with the stories they're going to tell. They're not obligated to address every little thing we'd like them to.

Though Taylor should not have included Julian in the funeral when he wasn't really going to do anything with him.
    I can see a few possibilities.

A.) It was meant to set up material that never got written thanks to the series being canceled (I don't know for sure if Taylor got cut short, but I do recall there was chatter about All-New Wolverine doing a followup to the Hawkeye: Kate Bishop crossover, which never happened).

B.) It was meant to set up the "Old Woman Laura" story, where Laura and Julian reconciling was a piece of the backstory, possibly also material that was canceled with All-New Wolverine and/or material for X-Men: Red.

C.) It's just a plot hook that can be built on by any authors later if wished.

D.) It was just an Easter egg and we're reading too much into it.

Has Tamaki said anything about the supporting cast she wants to make for her run?
    So far as I know, Gabby and Jonathan are the only characters confirmed to be in the new series.
    Doctor Strange: "You are the right person to replace Logan."
    X-23: "I know there are people who disapprove... Guys on the Internet mainly."
    (All-New Wolverine #4)

Quote Originally Posted by WebLurker View Post
    Maybe the story seemed like a good idea at the time? Also not everyone has a huge stake in it. I personally am not offended by its existence, given that sometimes crap happened between people.

If it works with the stories they're going to tell. They're not obligated to address every little thing we'd like them to.

I can see a few possibilities.

A.) It was meant to set up material that never got written thanks to the series being canceled (I don't know for sure if Taylor got cut short, but I do recall there was chatter about All-New Wolverine doing a followup to the Hawkeye: Kate Bishop crossover, which never happened).

B.) It was meant to set up the "Old Woman Laura" story, where Laura and Julian reconciling was a piece of the backstory, possibly also material that was canceled with All-New Wolverine and/or material for X-Men: Red.

C.) It's just a plot hook that can be built on by any authors later if wished.

D.) It was just an Easter egg and we're reading too much into it.

So far as I know, Gabby and Jonathan are the only characters confirmed to be in the new series.
    Taylor could still potentially do a Laura-Kate team up in Red. Not every issue in a team book has to be team-centric.