Page 27 of 30 FirstFirst ... 172324252627282930 LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    What exactly is the book about? Does it have background info on the characters, cells from the series or is it just about the various artists who worked on the series?
    It is mainly a book talking about all the trouble they went through with the getting the series started, storyboards, interviews with cast members, artists, writers, unused ideas and the process of how episodes would get made (they particularly focus on the episode "Nightcrawler" in one chapter). I am still reading the book but so far it is pretty fascinating.
    Some bands I love: Katatonia, Tool, Flaw, Within Temptation, Breaking Benjamin, Evergrey, The Panic Division, Bush, The Birthday Massacre, Silverchair ('94-'01), Poets Of The Fall, Lacuna Coil, Autumn, Klone, A Perfect Circle, Starset, This Misery Garden, Evanescence, Dead Letter Circus, Pallbearer, The Foreshadowing & tons more!

Quote Originally Posted by David Walton View Post
    Been re-watching X-Men:TAS on Hulu lately and it holds up really well. Love the dialogue and the interaction between characters. The jokes still make me laugh. The perpetually 'too be continued' with rolling plots and subplots, along with Jim Lee's art style, perfectly captured the spirit of that era (minus the violence and death of the comics). It covers serious topics like prejudice well for a Saturday cartoon but never takes itself too seriously.

And to this day, I hear the animated series' voice cast in my head when I read the comics!
    Yeah, that still happens with me too. Has been for years. Sure, for a while I heard the voices from X-men Evolution and WATXM, but for the bulk of my comic-reading life, those voices from the classic animated series always echoed in my head when I read the X-men comics. It's a beautiful, special feeling that still puts a smile on my face to this day.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

I still consider the depictions of the X-Men in this series as the 'true' versions...being a late '80's/early 90's kid, couldn't help it...still hear the voices of the cast when I read certain X-titles these days too!

:P

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

I think I still have the whole TAS taped on videocassettes at my parents'. Except I don't own a videocassette player LOL. This show was so good and so ground-breaking at the time - re-watching it now I must say the animation feels very dated for obvious reasons, but the quality of the storytelling and dialogues still holds up pretty well.

Quote Originally Posted by psylurker View Post
    I think I still have the whole TAS taped on videocassettes at my parents'. Except I don't own a videocassette player LOL.
    Same issue - I have the whole series on VHS in a box in my basement, and I haven’t owned a VCR since 2002.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Chris Reager View Post
    I still consider the depictions of the X-Men in this series as the 'true' versions...being a late '80's/early 90's kid, couldn't help it...still hear the voices of the cast when I read certain X-titles these days too!

:P
    Rogue & Storm's voices still resonate with me when I read the books.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by ChildOfTheAtom View Post
    That would be awesome.
    First we get X-Files back... and now possibly X-Men... Giddy.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

It would be so amazing! More Psylocke, Nightcrawler, Archangel and Emma Frost this time please!

We so need a new X-Men cartoon.

BANNED

Kickstarter? prolly not gonna happen.

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    I’d say “TAKE MY MONEY!”, but I don’t have any. But I’m totally with them in spirit.
    Quote Originally Posted by Fokken View Post
    Yer bonkers and you need a sandwich.

Mutatis Mutandis ChildOfTheAtom's Avatar
    1407 Graymalkin Lane, North Salem, NY 10560

Quote Originally Posted by RLAAMJR. View Post
    If the Disney deal happens a new animated series is 100% lock

As much as I long for another season of Wolverine and the X-men, I would gladly exchange it for a sixth season of X-men The Animated Series. I love that idea, having the X-men come together again in Xavier's absence. It reflects so many of the themes that made the show great. While it probably won't happen, the prospect of Disney buying Fox means we may still get another X-men cartoon within my lifetime.
    Join me on the official website for X-men Supreme, home of Marvel Universe 1015. Want a fresh take on X-men? Click below to enter the official home of Marvel at it's most Supreme!

Or if you want, check out my YouTube channel, Jack's World.

BANNED

If the Disney deal happens a new animated series is 100% lock
    If.

Make it happen please!

Astonishing Member David Walton's Avatar

I would love to see a sixth season, or at the very least, a feature length film reuniting the original cast.

This show had such a massive audience, one of the last big hits before the Saturday morning cartoon slowly faded from existence and animated projects ended up on cable.