Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Discount Comic Book Service

Does anyone use this and buy the bundles? If so, is it a better deal than Midtown's Pre-order service? Also when do they switch to the next month. August previews have been released for ~3 weeks now and they are still on July. When Will we be able to pre-order for August?
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)
    Zenescope: Grimm Fairy Tales

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by MikeMC005 View Post
    Does anyone use this and buy the bundles? If so, is it a better deal than Midtown's Pre-order service? Also when do they switch to the next month. August previews have been released for ~3 weeks now and they are still on July. When Will we be able to pre-order for August?
    I do, and I often buy the bundles. I compare the cost of the bundle to what I would pay for the individual issues I might ordinarily get, and if it's close, I'll get the bundle.

I have no experience with Midtown so I can't answer about that.

They usually come out with new order forms somewhere around the first week of the month.

Quote Originally Posted by GlennSimpson View Post
    I do, and I often buy the bundles. I compare the cost of the bundle to what I would pay for the individual issues I might ordinarily get, and if it's close, I'll get the bundle.

I have no experience with Midtown so I can't answer about that.

They usually come out with new order forms somewhere around the first week of the month.
    Thank you sir
    Pull List:
    DC: Batman, Superman, Wonder Woman, Action Comics, Detective Comics, Green Lanterns, The Flash, Aquaman, Titans, Justice League, HJATGL, Supergirl, Superwoman, DC Bombshells
    Marvel: CANCELLED (good luck with your seasonal approach and constant reboots... I'll miss the characters though)

I've used Midtown in the past and from my experience DCBS is cheaper.

Before I switched to digital, I ordered pretty much all new comics through DCBS and all back-issues through Mycomicshop.
    Mostly because there was no local comic shop.
    Both are exceptional.

Don't think I ever tried Midtown.
    But I will say to avoid Mile High like the plague.
    "There's magic in the sound of analog audio." - CNET.

Nahh, my comic shop usually holds me down.
    25% off New Comics for people who subscribe

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    I tried them for a while for new comics, but I still found DCBS cheaper. That was several years ago, though, so it might have changed now?

Mycomicshop is definitely the place to go for back issues though.

And I agree with Lee Stone--don't use Mile High. Man oh man. They're sooooo much more expensive than any other site out there, and (IIRC) they take a while to ship out too. But the main thing is the price. You can get the same back issue, same grade, everything, from Mycomicshop for so much less than Mile High, it's kinda crazy.

Used DCBS off and on for about 10 years and I believe they offer the best discount. Still love em, still the best I have dealt with, besides my local shops who I still use for some of my comics.
    They update their site on the 3rd of every month.

Quote Originally Posted by kivatt View Post
    Yeah I used my LCS for a long time until my pull list got to be wayyyy too big. My LCS was giving me 10% off anything I pulled and I found out I could get 35% off at Midtown and so that was a easy choice for me.
    Pull List:

Astonishing Member RobinFan4880's Avatar

Do the comics you order from these sites arrive on Wednesday the day the comics come out or a few days later?

I get mine on Fridays.

As for how often, DCBS lets you choose between weekly shipments, monthly, or twice a month.

All-New Member

If Midtown handles their subscriber services with the same incompetence they handle their MARVEL subscriptions---I would avoid Midtown like the plague!
    For an example, I'm still waiting for Midtown to send STAR WARS #5--released on MAY 20th. So three phone calls and zero apologies later, I'm still waiting!

One thing I like about DCBS....

After the ordering deadline on more than once, I've decided to drop or add certain books. All it takes is a polite email and they'll take off or add any book you want even after the deadline for editing your order has passed. They also let you add free comic book day items. Also, one time my order was lost in the mail and DCBS sent me a replacement no questions asked.

Thrashing Like a Maniac! Gotham Thrasher's Avatar

Has anyone ever used DCBS from Canada? Or is mycomicshop better/cheaper in terms of shipping?
    And then there were none...

Custom Binding Thread: http://community.comicbookresources....0645aadbab2369

The All Purpose Metal Thread : http://community.comicbookresources....5299bbaefeffe8

Quote Originally Posted by brandnewfan View Post
    I get mine on Fridays.

As for how often, DCBS lets you choose between weekly shipments, monthly, or twice a month.
    So Wednesday books arrive by Friday and you can choose weekly shipments? Does that cost extra? I might just have to do this, because my monthly pull list has gotten waaaaay too big for just the 10% discount they offer. Also, I get tired of having to tell the folks at my LCS to stop trying to sneak all those ugly, lame variant DC covers into my pull box every week.