Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    All-New Member

From a historical viewpoint, Siegel and Shuster planned on Clark sharing his secret with Lois in the '40s. DC, in their infinite wisdom, wouldn't let them. I think it would have been interesting if Lois had always known that Clark and Superman were one and the same. It would have saved readers from decades of stories where Lois schemed to prove Clark is Superman. (Sure, some of those stories are fun, but it's hard to take Lois seriously as a reporter -- and some of the best Clark and Lois stories are where they compete with each other even as they work together -- when she's acting like a busybody.)

We live in a society where people assume that they need to know everything about everyone, and social media magnifies that assumption (come on, admit it -- even Santa Claus would be under suspicion of having ulterior motives for doing good deeds!). I have a hard time understanding why the world needs to know that Clark Kent is Superman. However, simply because they are good friends, I also don't understand why, in the 21st century, Clark hasn't trusted Lois with his secret. There are times when even the most powerful person in the DC universe needs a trusted friend to talk with about things.

I have to say that I'm actually enjoying what Yang is doing to Superman with all these dramatic changes happening to him all at once, such as power change, costume change, identity revealed, and etc. I guess it may have to do with bringing him back to the point I enjoyed in Grant Morrison's first arc of Action Comics with the interesting development of his identity revealed and what impact that will have later. While I've read a few Superman stories before this is the one that actually makes me really interested in him and actually makes me want to read his series continually to see whats going to happen next.

I guess this new DCYou line change has worked on me when it comes to various characters.
    Last edited by sifighter; 07-30-2015 at 01:03 PM.
    "It's fun and it's cool, so that's all that matters. It's what comics are for, Duh."
    Words to live by.

Quote Originally Posted by misslane View Post
    No, what counts as her "extensive research and documentation" are Lois' actual words from the actual issue:

Clark, you know I've been following Superman since he first came on the scene. Lately, I've noticed that he's gotten slower, weaker, sloppier. He gets hurt in ways he didn't used to. I can actually track his appearances now, so I've been putting it all in this database. Whenever I get a free moment, I go through it looking for patterns. At first, I couldn't find any--maybe a part of me wanted to ignore what the patterns were trying to say. You know what finally got me to stop ignoring the patterns? [...] You. When you came in all busted up...It was like you were trying to reenact my last set of data. I brushed it off as a coincidence. But then I triangulated the locations of all of Superman's appearances and found more coincidences. And then Condesa finds us and all these crazy things happen, and when she talks about secrets, she stares at you like you're hiding the biggest secret in the world. And then, just now, those ninja guys pop out of nowhere and you beat them to smithereens. So I already know, Clark.

Lois clearly states that she was seeing the patterns and coincidences long before the ninja guys attacked. Lois had been putting the pieces together for a long time.
    But nothing about tracking Clark. And then she asks him "why" he would need a secret identity. I don't buy it. Makes her "research" claims sound totally phony. But you seem inclined to trust everything she says. Could be she feels like a total ass knowing Superman was right under her nose from Day One. That frustration fits in with her need to rip Clark's clothes off.

So you're just going to flat out ignore Dr. Veritas's diagnosis?
    When confronted with the actual scene and conversation in the hospital -- yeah.

Unless, of course, you have an organization like Hordr using his secret identity as leverage. We don't even have the full story yet, and you're already to pass judgment on the legitimacy of Lois's motivations?
    Based on her conversation with Clark in the hospital, yes, I am. She's always been a witch to Clark. Clark and Jimmy constantly defer to her anger/impulsiveness/drive/insults, etc.

Lois didn't need to advance Clark's career; he was already doing fine without her help. You claimed Lois neither mentored or nurtured her male colleagues. Do you honestly believe that crediting someone for making you better because that person is just that awesome isn't encouragement? Part of being a good mentor is offering constructive criticism as well as praise. Lois praised Jimmy plenty.
    Apparently you know nothing about the purpose behind the term "mentoring". Hint: it's not just about thanks. Lois is in a position of power above both Clark and Jimmy, but treats them like her minions.....lol.

What facts? You provided none.
    Guess you missed them.

You don't really need to post the comic scenes and then quote them again. Despite your concerns, I did read and digest the issue, thank you.
    Last edited by DocSpin; 07-30-2015 at 01:25 PM.

BANNED

Based on her conversation with Clark in the hospital, yes, I am. She's always been a witch to Clark. Clark and Jimmy constantly defer to her anger/impulsiveness/drive/insults, etc.
    never saw this things happening because they never happened.

Apparently you know nothing about the purpose behind the term "mentoring". Hint: it's not just about thanks. Lois is in a position of power above both Clark and Jimmy, but treats them like her minions.....lol.
    what? she always treated both as equals.

sometimes is better adminit that doesn't liek the character, because these attacks has nothing on the pages to proof it;

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Darth Kal-el View Post
    If it was only to see why Superman was acting sloppy she could have asked him. I believe she was trying to track him like her father tried with Wraith. Yes I will concede she looks concerned at the end like most of us would if we saw someone we knew hurt but we know the concern doesn't last from the words Next: Betrayal and their phone call where she basically told him to get over her destroying his life already
    if clark didn't told her about his secret, why would superman tell her about it? lol

she was concerned about him, she is hurt because he didn't told his secret but he still her friend.

also nobody ever call out clark foing being a idiot about his secret? even after beating the shadow ninjas he wasn't going to tell her about it. but let's all pile on lois because... oh well we don't know yet.

I think she was to angry when she tored clark suit, but it is on romita. it was a really awful revealing

No, what counts as her "extensive research and documentation" are Lois' actual words from the actual issue:

Clark, you know I've been following Superman since he first came on the scene. Lately, I've noticed that he's gotten slower, weaker, sloppier. He gets hurt in ways he didn't used to. I can actually track his appearances now, so I've been putting it all in this database. Whenever I get a free moment, I go through it looking for patterns. At first, I couldn't find any--maybe a part of me wanted to ignore what the patterns were trying to say. You know what finally got me to stop ignoring the patterns? [...] You. When you came in all busted up...It was like you were trying to reenact my last set of data. I brushed it off as a coincidence. But then I triangulated the locations of all of Superman's appearances and found more coincidences. And then Condesa finds us and all these crazy things happen, and when she talks about secrets, she stares at you like you're hiding the biggest secret in the world. And then, just now, those ninja guys pop out of nowhere and you beat them to smithereens. So I already know, Clark.

Lois clearly states that she was seeing the patterns and coincidences long before the ninja guys attacked. Lois had been putting the pieces together for a long time.

So you're just going to flat out ignore Dr. Veritas's diagnosis?

Unless, of course, you have an organization like Hordr using his secret identity as leverage. We don't even have the full story yet, and you're already to pass judgment on the legitimacy of Lois's motivations?

Lois didn't need to advance Clark's career; he was already doing fine without her help. You claimed Lois neither mentored or nurtured her male colleagues. Do you honestly believe that crediting someone for making you better because that person is just that awesome isn't encouragement? Part of being a good mentor is offering constructive criticism as well as praise. Lois praised Jimmy plenty.

What facts? You provided none.
    Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    never saw this things happening because they never happened.

what? she always treated both as equals.

sometimes is better adminit that doesn't liek the character, because these attacks has nothing on the pages to proof it;
    Another person who doesn't know the term mentoring. And just because you choose not to remember something doesn't mean it never happened. How stupid to think that I need to "attack" Lois -- got no horse in that race, padre. She's just never been a sympathetic character.
    Last edited by DocSpin; 07-30-2015 at 08:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tayswift View Post
    if clark didn't told her about his secret, why would superman tell her about it? lol

she was concerned about him, she is hurt because he didn't told his secret but he still her friend.

also nobody ever call out clark foing being a idiot about his secret? even after beating the shadow ninjas he wasn't going to tell her about it. but let's all pile on lois because... oh well we don't know yet.

I think she was to angry when she tored clark suit, but it is on romita. it was a really awful revealing
    So Clark saving her life makes him an "idiot"? And apparently any time Lois acts badly it's Romita's fault? That some real selective reasoning there.

No matter how you spin it (friend or foe), it takes whole lot of nerve to rip someone's clothes off while talking to them - unfortunately for this Clark, he was wearing his "S" - costume underneath.
    Last edited by jimmy; 07-30-2015 at 11:14 PM.

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    No matter how you spin it (friend or foe), it takes whole lot of nerve to rip someone's clothes off while talking to them - unfortunately for this Clark, he was wearing his "S" - costume underneath.
    The irony is that if Clark still had the nanotech armor he could have with a mere thought either made the suit invisible or transformed it into something else. Imagine Lois ripping off Clark's clothes only to find, to her dismay, a Guns-n-Roses or a "bazinga!" Tshirt instead.

His clothes were shredded, anyway, and the armour clearly visible - personally, the only issue I have with the tearing off of his top is that she (going by the art in the panel) did it after he turned his back on her.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by DocSpin View Post
    So Clark saving her life makes him an "idiot"? And apparently any time Lois acts badly it's Romita's fault? That some real selective reasoning there.
    no, but trying to cover his secret after exposing it is really a crap move

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    The irony is that if Clark still had the nanotech armor he could have with a mere thought either made the suit invisible or transformed it into something else. Imagine Lois ripping off Clark's clothes only to find, to her dismay, a Guns-n-Roses or a "bazinga!" Tshirt instead.

A BIG OOPS there!

Ah...the transmutation abilities like a chameleon - That was the coolest thing about that particular piece of hardware from krypton!

Phantom Zone Escapee manofsteel1979's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jimmy View Post
    A BIG OOPS there!

Ah...the transmutation abilities like a chameleon - That was the coolest thing about that particular piece of hardware from krypton!
    ...and sadly it was underused. I personally prefer the classic uniform made from standard grade Kryptonian fabric (or earth fabric doubled with the aura) and I despised all those stupid lines all over the Lee suit...but the transmutation abilities of the suit was pretty damn cool.

Although the Convergence ACTION preview seems to show the costume is still nanotech as it's torn from him by the fortress....so, maybe the newer post SUPERMAN#38 suit was limited in that regard? Or more likely Plot inspired stupidity on Clark's part.

Quote Originally Posted by manofsteel1979 View Post
    ...and sadly it was underused. I personally prefer the classic uniform made from standard grade Kryptonian fabric (or earth fabric doubled with the aura) and I despised all those stupid lines all over the Lee suit...but the transmutation abilities of the suit was pretty damn cool.

Although the Convergence ACTION preview seems to show the costume is still nanotech as it's torn from him by the fortress....so, maybe the newer post SUPERMAN#38 suit was limited in that regard? Or more likely Plot inspired stupidity on Clark's part.
    I hear you - YES The Classic Suit was Superman signature with it's simple, clean and effective looks, it was / is absolutely perfect in design. As opposed to the N52 Armor 1.0 and the frumpy looking 2.0 version of Superman costume for 2015. I'm sorry but both of these versions look "OFF" and more importantly, "out of balance" with that color scheme which, I grant you, is a difficult one. Jim Lee maybe an illustrator but, that doesn't mean he is a designer besides, drawing all those lines in the armor you know, must be a night mare in making more work than necessary

However, concerning the transmutable Krypton Armor - if this tech could simulate the classic Superman suit right down to the very texture? I'd be on board for that - that indeed would be a nice update.

Haha...As far as Convergence is concern, personally - I had great hopes, that Clark would stumble on the Classic Superman Suit design of another universe and find inspiration but, who knows...

All-New Member

IMO, Lois was acting like she and Clark were in a committed relationship. She's all mad because Jimmy was told before her. They may be friends, but Clark did not feel she was the kind of friend to tell this big secret. He is in no way required to tell her any of his secrets, regardless of what they are. If they were dating, then anger justified. Lois was quick to point that out to Condesa when Condensa called them "love birds". Seeing as they're not dating, she can go kick rocks.