View Poll Results: HYDRA vs COBRA! Whose Side Are You On?

Voters
32. You may not vote on this poll
  • HAIL HYDRA!

10 31.25%
  • COBRRAAA!!!

22 68.75%
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by CJStriker View Post
    AWESOME Thread idea Marvell2100, Excellent Job Bro!!!

To say that I use to love this show as one of the Greatest of my Childhood and still do today in all Honestly would be an UNDERSTATEMENT of the Year!

This show WAS My Childhood and I still love it to this Day!

Cobra was the knee example of an Evil Organization; structured, levels of power, world spanning weapons and science that effected even the very weather itself! Cobra for me was the equivalent of the Start War’s Empire Level of Cool and Powerful, just on an Earth based level! It was and still is THAT COOL to me today!

They are a main root core of a status quo for me, an example of every other evil organization and how it Should be Done!
    My Vote without a Doubt goes to:

Well stated!

formerly 'saucemaster' saucemaster's Avatar

Artwork by Michael Golden.
    "we're all some kind of noise. be the good kind"
    . Ms. Marvel . Saga . ASM .

AWESOME Thread idea Marvell2100, Excellent Job Bro!!!

To say that I use to love this show as one of the Greatest of my Childhood and still do today in all Honestly would be an UNDERSTATEMENT of the Year!

This show WAS My Childhood and I still love it to this Day!

Cobra was the knee example of an Evil Organization; structured, levels of power, world spanning weapons and science that effected even the very weather itself! Cobra for me was the equivalent of the Star War’s Empire Level of Cool and Powerful, just on an Earth based level! It was and still is THAT COOL to me today!

They are a main root core of a status quo for me, an example of every other evil organization and how it Should be Done!

My Vote without a Doubt goes to:

Thanks CJ. But the credit for this idea goes to our Age of Marvels plotter and editor Exciter, who will be doing this incredible mini next month in AoM.

Scarlet Witch~4~LIFE!!^_^ CJStriker's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Well stated!
    Thanks Allot 616MarvelYear is LeapYear! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    I'm going with dem crazy boyz from COBRRRAAAAA!!!!!!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by 616MarvelYear is LeapYear View Post
    Cobrraaa!!!
    Quote Originally Posted by saucemaster View Post

Artwork by Michael Golden.

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

I'm surprised Cobra is ahead. I'll almost always vote G.I. Joe over Marvel...

BANNED

Voting for Cobra because of Transformers! Big surprise I know.

Lightbulb

Quote Originally Posted by ImprobableQuestion View Post
    Voting for Cobra because of Transformers! Big surprise I know.
    An Even Bigger Surprise is a little bit of history that is outside of the Comics that have had Many G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossovers.

From the Original Series of Transformers, you had a Very Surprising cameo that is Really Cool:

"By Earth and Sky, By Craft and Hex -- By The Past and The Future – I Call HOPE Forth From The DARKNESS! I Speak The Words We Made Into MAGIC! Let THEIR Power Augment Our OWN! To Strike ONE BLOW From Our HEARTS and SOULS – From ALL THAT WE ARE! Let The CALL Go Forth -- AVENGERS! ASSEMBLE!" Scarlet Witch/Wanda Maximoff ~~ From Avengers #689!

Come Join and Learn about Wanda Maximoff at: The Scarlet Witch Appreciation Thread 2023!

BANNED

An Even Bigger Surprise is a little bit of history that is outside of the Comics that have had Many G.I. Joe/Transformers Crossovers.

From the Original Series of Transformers, you had a Very Surprising cameo that is Really Cool:

Yes! The original Old Snake. One of the weirder episodes of the weirdest season of Transformers.

I'm sure the autobots were wondering "Starscream , is that you??"

Quote Originally Posted by tg1982 View Post
    It's honestly, kind of tough. I grew up watching G.I. Joe and playing with the toys (Marvel toys as well). So my child hood is pretty much built around them. However now, with comics and these movies, Hydra is really very popular. But in the end...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z8qxoe31wmA

COBRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!
    The Opening to the Original Animated Movie is still one of the Best maybe in Any Animated Movie Intros ever Tg1982!

It set the mood perfectly for how the GI Joe Universe was up to that Point and the Level of a Threat Cobra was to the whole of the world. It Never and I mean NEVER Gets old seeing that Intro, it is a True Timeless Classic of any Animated Movie IMO!

What was ever Greater Still was the Opening Scene after that, Starting with Cobra, Their Headquarters, ALL of their Top-Dogs in 1 Room and an Invasion by a lady using Pure 100% biological life weapons. This was excellent, showed what we where in-for for the Movie and showed us the level of Cobra's power up to this point, Really Gave off in the clip below a Star War's Empire Level of Power Indeed!

This Intro Scene showed WHY Cobra was Powerful and Cool! ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    Thanks CJ. But the credit for this idea goes to our Age of Marvels plotter and editor Exciter, who will be doing this incredible mini next month in AoM.
    Look Forward to that Marvell2100!

Please, when it comes out Please Link it to the thread here to let use know when it is out, that will be Epic to Read!

Also, Indeed you should take Credit for a great deal of it. Especially this Thread cause you Awoken a Major Topic of Discussion for many of us that goes back as far back as our Early Childhood Fandoms that have lasted to today. This is Especially for those that Remember GI Joe & Especially COBRA Fans!

So Thanks a Ton for That!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-23-2015 at 03:42 PM.

Boisterously Confused

Quote Originally Posted by Will.S View Post
    Hickman added a lot to Hydra in his Secret Warriors run to make them a more legitimate and interesting threat but Larry Hama's Cobra had long since outdone Hydra by having more memorable characters and foils from the outset.

So as much as I like Hydra and think they're better off now than they were pre-Hickman Cobra's more well thought out and dare I say "cooler".
    and thus does HYDRA conquer. By hiding quietly, without flamboyance, until the time is ripe to STRIKE!

Except when they don't.

Look Forward to that Marvell2100!

Please, when it comes out Please Link it to the thread here to let use know when it is out, that will be Epic to Read!

Also, Indeed you should take Credit for a great deal of it. Especially this Thread cause you Awoken a Major Topic of Discussion for many of us that goes back as far back as our Early Childhood Fandoms that have lasted to today. This is Especially for those that Remember GI Joe & Especially COBRA Fans!

So Thanks a Ton for That!
    You're welcome and I'll be sure to link the thread when it's ready.

I think Cobra just has too many "good" bad guys.

Cobra Commader
    Destro
    The Stormshadow
    Major Bludd
    Serpentor
    Nemesis Enforcer
    Firefly

I'm sure I've left out a few.

Lightbulb

Another more Recently and More Terrifying Example of COBRA is the Cobra Commander from GI Joe Resolute.

He makes the world itself Tremble by both Speech and Horrifying Example:

Cobra Commander:

Their will Be NONE of Your CR**!!!!!
    Last edited by CJStriker; 08-25-2015 at 10:07 AM.