Page 578 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 784785285685745755765775785795805815825886286781078 ... LastLast
Results 8,656 to 8,670 of 20773
    Mighty Member

^This. Keep reading for the arc w/Cap and Wolverine alone. Everything else was just kinda meh for me as well.

Thinking about reading a bit of Bendis' New Avengers run in an attempt to read some more Marvel stuff that occurred pre-Civil War. This is my reading order:

- Secret War
    - New Avengers Complete Collection Vol 1
    - House of M
    - New Avengers Complete Collection Vol 2
    - Civil War

Not sure from there, but that's all I'm looking for right now. Is that correct? Also, is it any good?

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Quote Originally Posted by ArkhamJamie View Post
    Thinking about reading a bit of Bendis' New Avengers run in an attempt to read some more Marvel stuff that occurred pre-Civil War. This is my reading order:

- Secret War
    - New Avengers Complete Collection Vol 1
    - House of M
    - New Avengers Complete Collection Vol 2
    - Civil War

Not sure from there, but that's all I'm looking for right now. Is that correct? Also, is it any good?
    That's fine so far! Here's the complete reading order to Bendis. It's been a few years since I've read it, but to that point it's pretty snappy and enjoyable. The momentum gets a little lost after Secret Invasion, and after that the plots felt a bit trivial to me with Bendis's attention split between New and Dark Avengers.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Quote Originally Posted by krisis View Post
    That's fine so far! Here's the complete reading order to Bendis. It's been a few years since I've read it, but to that point it's pretty snappy and enjoyable. The momentum gets a little lost after Secret Invasion, and after that the plots felt a bit trivial to me with Bendis's attention split between New and Dark Avengers.
    Thanks so much for the list, was just using it, haha!

Quote Originally Posted by alb2009 View Post
    So just started the Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan omnibus after getting a good deal on it and boy is it a chore to get through! I finished the Dead Presidents arc and maybe smiled thrice during the entire thing. Maybe it was the high expectations set by others' praise of the series but its just pop culture reference after reference and potty humor with almost no actual jokes. I know its blasphemous around these parts, but some of the Daniel Way arcs were way better (or maybe cause i read them when I was younger). I'll still continue to finish it but I'm reading superior foes omnibus right now and it just blows deadpool away in terms of well written jokes, both situational and character-wise.
    I gave up on this run after 5 issues...so you're not alone.

Quote Originally Posted by PLEDGE View Post
    I gave up on this run after 5 issues...so you're not alone.
    I think it starts really slow but then picks up. You gotta get through that whole "dead presidents' thing.

So just started the Deadpool by Posehn and Duggan omnibus after getting a good deal on it and boy is it a chore to get through! I finished the Dead Presidents arc and maybe smiled thrice during the entire thing. Maybe it was the high expectations set by others' praise of the series but its just pop culture reference after reference and potty humor with almost no actual jokes. I know its blasphemous around these parts, but some of the Daniel Way arcs were way better (or maybe cause i read them when I was younger). I'll still continue to finish it but I'm reading superior foes omnibus right now and it just blows deadpool away in terms of well written jokes, both situational and character-wise.
    I've never found anything remotely funny about anything about Deadpool comics (although the movie cracked me up).

As others said, it gets better, at least for a couple of arcs, but then it gets mired by back to back event tie-in arcs, Original Sin and Axis. The Good, the bad, and the ugly arc is really good followed by a fun Deadpool vs Shield arc that has a great Aliens parody issue. The rest was pretty meh.
    But yeah, Superior Foes is awesome. Nothing beats Superior Foes.

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I've never found anything remotely funny about anything about Deadpool comics (although the movie cracked me up).
    Same here! The movie is the only Deadpool solo stuff I can stomach.

Glad to see i wasn't the only one not feeling the new deadpool shtick. But I'll definitely read it but after I get done with some much better stuff.

Also finished Superior Foes in two sittings, a big rarity for me. What a book! The art, humor, characters and plot were all on point! Its like a cross between ocean's eleven, big nothing (simon pegg/david schwimmer black comedy crime movie that everyone needs to watch) and the almost got 'im ep of Batman TAS. Best spidey book without spider-man in it. Even the last few bonus issues by different writers/artists were good. I'll go ahead and I liked it better than Fraction's Hawkeye, which I felt was too self-indulgent. I was much more invested in every character, shocker being a stand-out (who'd have thought)! Buy this book people. I see its $45 at CGN and sold out at IST, so could be close to OOP status.

How good is Kaare Andrews IF and Iron Man Director of Shield? Have a load of complete collections on order and trying to thin them out a bit as the last couple I have read I haven't really enjoyed (the pulse & Avengers initiative) but I seem to have been caught in the trap of buying them all and I want to break the chain

Spectacular Member

So what runs the have never or have only partially been reprinted would everyone most like to see? I'd love to see the Fantastic Four by Claremont & Larroca reprinted.

Shou-Lao The Bitch Dragon Iron Fist's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hellboydce View Post
    How good is Kaare Andrews IF and Iron Man Director of Shield? Have a load of complete collections on order and trying to thin them out a bit as the last couple I have read I haven't really enjoyed (the pulse & Avengers initiative) but I seem to have been caught in the trap of buying them all and I want to break the chain
    Andrews IF is an eyesore. Can't even try to read it the art is just that bad.

X-Fan & Marvel Collector

Word of potential warning - I've been reading the new UXM Epic today, and I'm almost certain that the paper quality has slightly changed. I'll dig up the caliper and see if it can detect a difference from the earlier epics.

Quote Originally Posted by Iron Fist View Post
    Andrews IF is an eyesore. Can't even try to read it the art is just that bad.
    Don't worry, you didn't miss much - the story is worse than the art! It may have been my least favorite title of all of Marvel Now.
    Do you read comics in TPBs, HCs, and omnibuses - or are just not sure where to start? Check out my definitive guides to DC (including Rebirth!), Valiant Comics, and Marvel - including every X-Men and Avengers team and each Marvel Event.

You'll find definitive reading guides including every issue of every major Marvel hero and team, like Black Panther, Captain America, Captain/Ms. Marvel, Daredevil, Deadpool, Spider-Man, & and more!

Time for Dissection FlashingSabre's Avatar

To everyone not enjoying Duggan's DP, at least read up to The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly. One of the best stories in Marvel history, IMO. And I'm not a huge Deadpool fan.
    Cyclops was right