Page 640 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 1405405906306366376386396406416426436446506907401140 ... LastLast
Results 9,586 to 9,600 of 20773
    Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Orion View Post
    Woof...certainly never heard that high praise about Micheline before. His Spider-man work, especially with McFarlane, is barely readable.
    I wouldn't say it's barely readable, but the McFarlane stuff is definitely the low point.

Sentinel of Liberty WinterSoldier76's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Johnatellodi View Post
    These days, I welcome a thin omnibus onto my shelf. I used to be one of those concerned with the thin paper, poor construction of Marvel books. It really was driving me nuts knowing that my treasured books could fall apart or tear easily.
    I eventually decided to go the route of collecting my favorite comics in single issue format, where I can keep them safely bagged in Mylar, forever safe

Now I treat my omnibi and OHC's as the "reading copies". I no longer stress knowing I can always open them up and enjoy the story, regardless of their condition. And my very favorite stories will always be safely stored in my comic box.

Yeah, it requires some double-dipping and it's not for everyone, but this method has really worked for me.

Thoughts?

I'm the exact opposite. I buy floppies of certain books b/c I don't want to wait to see what happens. If it's a book I enjoyed I'll buy it in the OHC / Omnibus format for the reference library.

Quote Originally Posted by JBatmanFan05 View Post
    When is Marvel gonna collect more of Defalco's late 200s Spidey run? I really want them to collect more of that. The latest Epic was good, but need one to cover material even before that.

From Amazing #224-363, there are just 8 issues left uncollected --- #275-276, 282-286, 288!

Hopefully they get to an Epic soon! I'd also go for the issues right after #200, too.

Spectacular Member

Again, sorry if it's been posted already. I try to keep updated with this thread as much as possible but sometimes I miss some stuff...

Have just found a listing on Amazon for Deadpool Minibus Vol 0. Judging from the creators it will include at least Deadpool: Suicide Kings and Wade Wilson's War.
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910116...el+comics+2018

Daredevil by Waid and Samnee Vol 2 is listed for March 20. Infinity Gauntlet Slipcase set for the same date.

A few Epic Collections as well:
    Iron Man: Doomed (Feb 6) seems to be a continuation of the Michelinie/Layton run. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910132...el+comics+2018

Daredevil: Mike Murdock Must Die! (Feb 27) is, I'm guessing, Vol 2. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910043...el+comics+2018

Avengers: The Obsession Collection (Mar 27) will have at least #334-339, so I guess it will be the volume immediately prior to Operation Galactic Storm. https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910019...el+comics+2018
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 07-03-2017 at 07:13 AM.

Spectacular Member

Oh, and for those that have been wanting a Shadowland Omnibus:
    https://www.amazon.com/dp/130291037X...daredevil+2018

I'm about three issues away from wrapping up the Tangled Web omnibus. I read about the first 10 floppies when they were released and then dropped the series for whatever reason. It's probably a good thing, too, because the second half of that book for the most part really sucks (although there's a good Azzarello story). The art in that second half is also generally silly or atrocious. Agree? Disagree?

Quote Originally Posted by Ivan P91 View Post
    Again, sorry if it's been posted already. I try to keep updated with this thread as much as possible but sometimes I miss some stuff...

Have just found a listing on Amazon for Deadpool Minibus Vol 0. Judging from the creators it will include at least Deadpool: Suicide Kings and Wade Wilson's War.

Daredevil by Waid and Samnee Vol 2 is listed for March 20. Infinity Gauntlet Slipcase set for the same date.

A few Epic Collections as well:
    Iron Man: Doomed (Feb 6) seems to be a continuation of the Michelinie/Layton run.
    Daredevil: Mike Murdock Must Die! (Feb 27) is, I'm guessing, Vol 2.
    Avengers: The Obsession Collection (Mar 27) will have at least #334-339, so I guess it will be the volume immediately prior to Operation Galactic Storm.
    could you give me a link or isbn for the Iron man doomed epic plz? I can't find it on amazon. The direct continuation of the Michelinie omnibus was the Enemy within Epic if I 'm not mistaken but there is a gap between the second O'neil Epic and the Stark Wars one so I hope this one fills that gap. I love that run.

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Balakin View Post
    could you give me a link or isbn for the Iron man doomed epic plz? I can't find it on amazon. The direct continuation of the Michelinie omnibus was the Enemy within Epic if I 'm not mistaken but there is a gap between the second O'neil Epic and the Stark Wars one so I hope this one fills that gap. I love that run.
    Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910132...el+comics+2018

Unfortunately there's no content info on there yet, but the inclusion of Dwayne McDuffie as a writer (he wrote #251-252) indicates this could be Vol 15, directly before War Games. So, whatever Michelinie/Layton is in it, it's the very end of their second run.
    Last edited by Ivan P91; 07-03-2017 at 07:16 AM.

Here you go: https://www.amazon.com/dp/1302910132...el+comics+2018

Unfortunately there's no content info on there yet, but the inclusion of Dwayne McDuffie as a writer (he wrote #251-252) indicates this could be Vol 15, directly before War Games. So, whatever Michelinie/Layton is in it, it's the very end of their second run.
    thanks! It completely skipped my mind that Stark Wars is Michelinie/Layton. But that's vol 13 and War games is vol16 so there should be 2 volumes inbetween. Wish they would fill up the one volumes gap between O'neil and Michelinie first instead of doing it this awkwardly.

The 2 O'neil volumes were such a good binge read for a BA series it would be ideal just to release those first then move forward instead of releasing one vol/creator. I know the epics were not supposed to be chronologically released and I see the point when you skip like 10-20 years between SA and BA volumes but personally I didn't pick up the Byrne volume yet because it would just sit on the shelf while I'm waiting on the previous runs to finish so I can read them in order.
    But that's just my take.

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

That's awesome, that will go so nicely with the brubaker omnis, I'm gonna have to buy them all now

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

A few new Spider-Man hardcovers have shown up, I'm glad there's a Spider-Man/Deadpool hardcover:

Spider-Man/Deadpool by Joe Kelly & Ed McGuinness

Amazing Spider-Man: Worldwide Vol. 3

Other hardcovers that caught my eye:
    Moon Knight by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev

Invincible Iron Man by Brian Michael Bendis

Also worth noting, the Brand New Day vol 4 collection has shown up:

Spider-Man: Brand New Day - The Complete Collection Vol. 4
    COLLECTING: AMAZING SPIDER-MAN (1999) 592-601, ANNUAL 36; SPIDER-MAN: THE SHORT HALLOWEEN; DARK REIGN: MISTER NEGATIVE 1-3; AMAZING SPIDER-MAN: AMERICAN SON SKETCHBOOK; MATERIAL FROM AMAZING SPIDER-MAN FAMILY 7
    Last edited by iPodwithnomusic; 07-03-2017 at 08:15 AM.

No real interesting omnibus so far in 2018
    We need better comics

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

This is interesting to me and will be a pick up.

Quote Originally Posted by iPodwithnomusic View Post

Other hardcovers that caught my eye:
    Moon Knight by Brian Michael Bendis & Alex Maleev
    If this is OHC format I'll pick it up to show support for Moon Knight in this larger format in hopes of getting the real MK runs that should be collected into an OMNI.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Spectacular Member

Very happy with two more Daredevil Omnis.

Looking at the next New Mutants Epic: Curse of the Valkyrie, any idea which issues will be covered? Krisis maybe?

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by poolovision View Post
    Looking at the next New Mutants Epic: Curse of the Valkyrie, any idea which issues will be covered? Krisis maybe?
    We can make an educated guess. The Muties were involved in a long Asgard story where Dani is put under a spell to try to kill Odin from NM #77-80 and 82-85. (81 was a fill-in issue set in the past.) That's one of the few uncollected chunks of NM material. The Classics volumes cover from the beginning of the series to issue 54 (Claremont's [mostly] last issue). Issues 55-61 are collected in the Fall of the Mutants OHC/omni, then 62-70 (and annual 4) are in the Inferno Prologue OHC, and 71-73 are in the Inferno OHC. Then on the other end, I believe all of the issues from when Cable first appeared (issue 87) to the end of the series (issue 100) have been collected in various other formats, including the X-Tinction Agenda OHC.

So basically, the one uncollected chunk of NM material is issues 74-85 or 86. Odds are the Epic will include those issues, with maybe some others thrown in to pad it out a bit.