Page 839 of 1385 FirstFirst ... 3397397898298358368378388398408418428438498899391339 ... LastLast
Results 12,571 to 12,585 of 20773

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblegardener View Post
    Very helpful, thanks! What is Elseworld/AU?
    Alternate Universes. "Elseworlds" is what DC called their Alternate Universe imprint (think "Superman: Speeding Bullets", "Batman/Dracula: Red Rain", et cetera). Earth X or Marvel 1602 are good examples for Marvel.

These type of stories are often interesting as they explore different possibilities with known characters, free from norms that stem from canon or marketing interests.

Quote Originally Posted by JJ87 View Post
    I was thinking about getting these instead of the Infinity HC for my Marvel event shelf, since it's collected in volume 1. But would you sandwich the Original Sin HC in between them, or where would it fall chronologically?
    I actually put in next to my Thor OHCs, since it's by Aaron and had a big affect on Thor.

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Not sure if I missed something, but why would the number four hinder anyone from buying a book they want?
    Because of some stupid, clueless and misleading **** that editor Tom Brevoort, arguably one of the worse Marvel editors, once said.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graphic Autist View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Captain Craig View Post
    ^^^^^
    I hope that ASM vol. 4 happens, it should and with the 4 labelling. Fear not Marvel Collections, it will be bought, we don't fear the number.
    Spider-man: Far From Home opens after Avengers 4 after all. Would be awesome to get both in 2019!!
    Not sure if I missed something, but why would the number four hinder anyone from buying a book they want?
    Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Its the idea of diminishing returns as volumes go up. Having a name makes it seem more special for someone new to buy it rather than jumping in at volume 4.
    So Roger Stern Spiderman omnibus sounds different than Spiderman vol 8 or something.

Note: I'd happily buy Vol 4 and volume numbers don't bother me. I happily bought avengers 3 even though I don't have 1/2.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I actually put in next to my Thor OHCs, since it's by Aaron and had a big affect on Thor.
    Because of some stupid, clueless and misleading **** that editor Tom Brevoort, arguably one of the worse Marvel editors, once said.
    Thanks for the assist in answering.
    With few exception, Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu, Marvel has not done consecutively numbered Omnis above volume 3.
    Brevoort is our understanding of why.
    They did do 5 Brubaker Captain America Omnis but they were given subtitle names, not vol.1-5 and they pre-announced Master of Kung-Fu as a 4 volume set. Theoretically to let the buying public know they would indeed complete the series. If Marvel is serious about Conan Omnis the volume count will be high if done consecutively.

Marvel has several popular Omni series sitting at volume 3 and we the buyers are ready for volume 4s.
    Fantastic Four, Uncanny X-Men, Amazing Spider-man, Avengers and Mighty Thor.

**Note: DC's Golden Age Batman & Superman Omni lines are both at 5 with a vol.6 of Bats solicited.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

Marvel has several popular Omni series sitting at volume 3 and we the buyers are ready for volume 4s.

I would buy all five of these. My bets are on Spiderman by the time the next movie comes out or Avengers when that next movie comes out. Xmen may be a ways off as they are only masterworking these volumes now.
    Captain America is also stuck at Vol 2.

Extraordinary Member Captain Craig's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RamblingMan View Post
    Captain America is also stuck at Vol 2.
    As is Invincible Iron Man of which I'd pick up volume 3s for both.
    I vote for Incredible Hulk v2 every year in the secret ballot.
    Surely Daredevil v2 will also eventually arise but there is a lot of interest in the DD Bendis v.1-2 being reprinted and I doubt we get all 3 in one year.
    "Freedom is the right of all sentient beings" - Optimus Prime

Incredible Member

As is Invincible Iron Man of which I'd pick up volume 3s for both.
    I vote for Incredible Hulk v2 every year in the secret ballot.
    Surely Daredevil v2 will also eventually arise but there is a lot of interest in the DD Bendis v.1-2 being reprinted and I doubt we get all 3 in one year.
    I bought DD Omni 1 (collecting MMW 1-4) and MMW 9-12 so I am looking to fill that gap with DD Omni vol 2 which hopefully will collect MMW 5-8. I figured DD Vol 3 was a far ways away so felt confident in buying the more recent MMWs!
    I also have a similar hole to fill with Avengers and Doctor Strange (Really want Vol 2!).
    Last edited by RamblingMan; 07-10-2018 at 11:44 AM.

Make Mine Marvel (Mostly) j0nnyboy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by TomSlick View Post
    I'm about to buy volumes 1 & 2 of Thor God of Thunder OHCs (#1- 25). Original Sin fits in right after that or...?

Spectacular Member iPodwithnomusic's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by j0nnyboy View Post
    I'm about to buy volumes 1 & 2 of Thor God of Thunder OHCs (#1- 25). Original Sin fits in right after that or...?
    Original Sin comes between Thor: God of Thunder #24 and 25, so placing it after the Thor OHCs on the shelf is what I would do.

Thanks for the assist in answering.
    With few exception, Shang-Chi: Master of Kung-Fu, Marvel has not done consecutively numbered Omnis above volume 3.
    Brevoort is our understanding of why.
    They did do 5 Brubaker Captain America Omnis but they were given subtitle names, not vol.1-5 and they pre-announced Master of Kung-Fu as a 4 volume set. Theoretically to let the buying public know they would indeed complete the series. If Marvel is serious about Conan Omnis the volume count will be high if done consecutively.

**Note: DC's Golden Age Batman & Superman Omni lines are both at 5 with a vol.6 of Bats solicited.
    I know this doesn't really count, but I like to think that X-Men is technically on volume 5, since the two Silver Age volumes lead right into the three Uncanny volumes. Much like the Brubaker Cap run, it's at least consecutive.

Spectacular Member

I think for X-men you'd have to say its currently up to volume 6 on that reasoning, with Volume 3 as yet unreleased. There's enough material for an original X-men Omnibus 3 from the pre-Giant-Sized era, which has been collected in 2 Masterworks volumes and in Epic format. Whether Marvel would ever actually release it in Omnibus format is another issue altogether.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    I think for X-men you'd have to say its currently up to volume 6 on that reasoning, with Volume 3 as yet unreleased. There's enough material for an original X-men Omnibus 3 from the pre-Giant-Sized era, which has been collected in 2 Masterworks volumes and in Epic format. Whether Marvel would ever actually release it in Omnibus format is another issue altogether.
    Actually all of the original X-Men was collected as the series ran 66 issues - the final which were collected in volume 2. Issues 67-93 were reprints. Uncanny started at Giant-Size 1 and issue 94, so in theory that is volume 3.

Spectacular Member

Sorry, but you're not really getting what I'm saying here. I know fully well that the X-men had reprints for the last 30 odd issues.

I'm on about the material from Marvel Masterworks 7 and 8, (Beast from Amazing Adventures #11-17, Marvel Team-Up #4, Amazing Spider-Man #92, Incredible Hulk #150 & 161 from vol 7, and Avengers #110-111, Incredible Hulk #172, 180 & 181, Captain America #172-175, Marvel Team-Up #23 & 38, Defenders #15-16 and Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 from vol 8). We already know volumes 1-3 (1-66, as well as Ka-Zar #2-3 and Marvel Tales # 30, covering X-men Omnibus 1 and 2) and 5 (Giant-sized X-men and issue 94 onwards, covering 1, 2 and 3 of the Claremont Omnibus editions) in the Epic Collection. So there's a 4th volume specifically set aside for the various appearances between issues 66 and 94. Those issues have clearly been part of Marvel's mapping for a complete X-men line to include those appearances of the first team. So, no, in theory volume 3 cannot be the first Claremont Omnibus.

Quote Originally Posted by madave View Post
    Sorry, but you're not really getting what I'm saying here. I know fully well that the X-men had reprints for the last 30 odd issues.

I'm on about the material from Marvel Masterworks 7 and 8, (Beast from Amazing Adventures #11-17, Marvel Team-Up #4, Amazing Spider-Man #92, Incredible Hulk #150 & 161 from vol 7, and Avengers #110-111, Incredible Hulk #172, 180 & 181, Captain America #172-175, Marvel Team-Up #23 & 38, Defenders #15-16 and Giant-Size Fantastic Four #4 from vol 8). We already know volumes 1-3 (1-66, as well as Ka-Zar #2-3 and Marvel Tales # 30, covering X-men Omnibus 1 and 2) and 5 (Giant-sized X-men and issue 94 onwards, covering 1, 2 and 3 of the Claremont Omnibus editions) in the Epic Collection. So there's a 4th volume specifically set aside for the various appearances between issues 66 and 94. Those issues have clearly been part of Marvel's mapping for a complete X-men line to include those appearances of the first team. So, no, in theory volume 3 cannot be the first Claremont Omnibus.
    So I guess you're missing what myself and others in this conversation are focusing on when we talk about consecutive volumes. They're tied to CONSECUTIVE issues in a series, not whatever appearances were made at a certain time (or what a MMW has included). So, yes . . . volume 3 is Claremont.

Based on your argument, Uncanny X-men # 175 wouldn't be included in volume 3 because Marvel would be too busy collecting every other X-Men appearance prior to that. Do the omnibus books collect mini-series? Sure, but they're more gravy than anything else.

As of now, we have 5 volumes of X-Men that collect 1-175, some annuals, etc.

And sometimes tone is lost in the printed word, so I don't want you to think I'm being a dick as I type this.
    Last edited by TomSlick; 07-12-2018 at 10:51 AM.

Spectacular Member

Lol - just to play along here...
    So if you follow this consecutive run logic, you should include all the Omni sized material after "vol. 6/7" and argue they've been released out of order like Epics!!!

That would mean we're now up to about Volume 28 (X-Men Revolution Omni) and missing volumes:
    6 - Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol.4
    7 - Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol.5 (MM Prelude)
    21 - Road to Onslaught
    23 - Onslaught Aftermath
    25-27 - Everything between OZT and Revolution
    ....i can't be bothered to count the gap volumes after this, lol

Quote Originally Posted by jm21 View Post
    Lol - just to play along here...
    So if you follow this consecutive run logic, you should include all the Omni sized material after "vol. 6/7" and argue they've been released out of order like Epics!!!

That would mean we're now up to about Volume 28 (X-Men Revolution Omni) and missing volumes:
    6 - Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol.4
    7 - Uncanny X-Men Omnibus Vol.5 (MM Prelude)
    21 - Road to Onslaught
    23 - Onslaught Aftermath
    25-27 - Everything between OZT and Revolution
    ....i can't be bothered to count the gap volumes after this, lol
    Go be a dick somewhere else