Page 254 of 271 FirstFirst ... 154204244250251252253254255256257258264 ... LastLast
Results 3,796 to 3,810 of 4057
    Extraordinary Member

'Marvel's Runaways' Finds Its Cast
    https://news.marvel.com/tv/59021/mar...ys-finds-cast/

Extraordinary Member

2 Latina Actresses Will Play Teens Who Rebel Against Their Supervillain Parents in Hulu’s ‘Runaways’
    We may have to wait just a little bit longer until a Mexican-American cyborg takes over our TVs, but Marvel has already started casting for its new Hulu series, Runaways. On Thursday, Marvel revealed that two Latinas – Ariela Barer as Gert Yorkes and Allegra Acosta as Molly Hernandez – form part of the main cast. Victor Mancha, a cyborg who is the son of Ultron, plays a key role in the comic book. There’s no word on whether Marvel’s cutting the character from the show, though the studio promised to release additional casting information later on.
    http://remezcla.com/film/latina-actr...llegra-acosta/

Extraordinary Member

Fox's X-Men Pilot Casts Jamie Chung As Blink - CBR
    http://www.cbr.com/foxs-x-men-pilot-...hung-as-blink/
    Last edited by mace11; 02-22-2017 at 02:00 PM.

I tried searching, but I couldn't find an answer in any threads I looked in. Has Hijack/David Bond's (X-Men) ethnicity/race ever been revealed or touched upon? The way he is drawn, it's hard for me to tell if he is Asian, Hispanic, African-American or biracial. Just curious if anyone has a concrete answer. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by PsionicHero View Post
    I tried searching, but I couldn't find an answer in any threads I looked in. Has Hijack/David Bond's (X-Men) ethnicity/race ever been revealed or touched upon? The way he is drawn, it's hard for me to tell if he is Asian, Hispanic, African-American or biracial. Just curious if anyone has a concrete answer. Thanks.
    This is my first time hearing of the character(I haven't read any X-Men in along time). Is he someone that has come along recently?

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    This is my first time hearing of the character(I haven't read any X-Men in along time). Is he someone that has come along recently?
    He was one of Cyclops' students in Bendis' Uncanny X-men. His power is over technology, like hacking a helicarrier, hence the name of Hijack.

Quote Originally Posted by dragonmp93 View Post
    He was one of Cyclops' students in Bendis' Uncanny X-men. His power is over technology, like hacking a helicarrier, hence the name of Hijack.
    Sounds like a Transformer.

I don't believe Hijack's ethnicity was ever specifically referenced. Based on how he has been illustrated I assume he is Asian American.

Uh are you serious dude?

download.jpg images.jpg

So diversity is the reason for Marvel's low sales. Not poor writing, event fatigue, or a muddled universe after Secret War.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    So diversity is the reason for Marvel's low sales. Not poor writing, event fatigue, or a muddled universe after Secret War.

Or the huge thing people like to skip over is LCS that are unwelcoming to new readers( or anyone not a straight white male ) and digital sales which tend to feature the thing that is the "cause" of low sales

Quote Originally Posted by Smoov-E View Post
    Or the huge thing people like to skip over is LCS that are unwelcoming to new readers( or anyone not a straight white male ) and digital sales which tend to feature the thing that is the "cause" of low sales
    Yeah, let's just blame comics featuring women and minorities.

Extraordinary Member

The Gifted is an upcoming TV series that will air on FOX and is developed by 20th Century Fox Television and Marvel Television.

# Blair Redford as John Proudstar / Thunderbird
    Last edited by mace11; 04-20-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Extraordinary Member

Edited above.

even thorgi is weighing in on the diversity sales comments, was it really that big of a scandal?