Page 169 of 271 FirstFirst ... 69119159165166167168169170171172173179219269 ... LastLast
Results 2,521 to 2,535 of 4057
    BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Marvell2100 View Post
    That should apply to all those spewing venom about Miles Morales being the character chosen in the next Spider-Man movie. There's no reason why Miles can't be the star.
    Fans have been waiting for years to have Peter Parker to be in the MCU. It's almost guaranteed that Spiderman will show up in Civil War. Miles does not fit into the Civil War narrative . Peter Parker does. It had to do with the character, not race.

Did anyone specifically say that the civil war movie story line would be exactly like the comic? The civil war in the comics was about secret identities, only three characters in the mcu have secret id's, Iron Fist, Daredevil, and now Spider-Man. They could use miles if they wanted to, though I think they should just use both of them so they can end these stupid fan wars.

Quote Originally Posted by Mike82 View Post
    Fans have been waiting for years to have Peter Parker to be in the MCU. It's almost guaranteed that Spiderman will show up in Civil War. Miles does not fit into the Civil War narrative . Peter Parker does. It had to do with the character, not race.
    And Marvel was prepared to do this movie without Peter Parker. Also, while Marvel Studious borrows heavily from the MU, they do not follow every single aspect of the movie. Civil War can easily happen with Miles because the narrative isn't about Peter Parker. It's about the dispute between Captain America and Iron Man. Miles can easily fit into that story.

Quote Originally Posted by NexusTenebrare View Post
    I'm glad you find lack of representation for LGBT people such a laughing matter.
    In children's programming? Yeah, I find the expectation that it should be included pretty funny.

But I will say that when I think of Disney, I think of the cartoons aimed at very young children because I have a very young child. So I'm thinking of things like Mickey Mouse Clubhouse and Doc McStuffins. The idea of putting any content related to a character's sexual preference in those kind of shows is crazy to me.

I wasn't thinking of Disney's other shows where such inclusion might be more appropriate.

Quote Originally Posted by Trident View Post
    Lol your pulling.
    It's very hard to confuse the intent of calling a women a slutty Secratary. And the women has been pretty much covered from head to toe for most of her publications and is in fact one of the most modest female characters at marvel. One costume doesn't make a slutty Secratary.

It's completly not valid and should have been said. It's already clear that he doesn't have respect for the concept of the FF but it also shows his true feelings on the characters

. I was legitimately going to give this movie shot but now I can't bring myself to do it. Josh Trank seems far to interested in promoting himself, and his vision that he actually does the concept and characters that have been around for 70 plus years. I'm willing to bet at this point he has only looked into the very basics of what the FF is about at this point. Which leaves us with a shell of what the FF truely is while the characters will probably be archtypes or completly different entirely.
    I'm not pulling. I got something different out of what he said. I'm not saying you're wrong...you feel the way you do, and have decided not to see the movie. I won't try to convince you otherwise.

I just am not applying as strict an interpretation on his words. I think Sue has often been treated as just "the girl" in the group. As a lesser partner. I can understand that. I even saw a little of that in the earlier movies. Alba probably had something to do with that.

Personally, the more I see of this movie, the more I think I may like it. It may not synch up perfectly with the comics, but that isn't real important to me. They're separate things for me.

BANNED

And Marvel was prepared to do this movie without Peter Parker. Also, while Marvel Studious borrows heavily from the MU, they do not follow every single aspect of the movie. Civil War can easily happen with Miles because the narrative isn't about Peter Parker. It's about the dispute between Captain America and Iron Man. Miles can easily fit into that story.
    While Marvel has chosen to deviate from the comics at times, they still have at least retained the essential characters. Sure, Civil War is mostly about Cap v Iron Man, but Black Panther is in it. Peter Parker played a role in civil war, so expect him to be in it. He's the character fans are expecting.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by hawkeyefan View Post

I'm not pulling. I got something different out of what he said. I'm not saying you're wrong...you feel the way you do, and have decided not to see the movie. I won't try to convince you otherwise.

I just am not applying as strict an interpretation on his words. I think Sue has often been treated as just "the girl" in the group. As a lesser partner. I can understand that. I even saw a little of that in the earlier movies. Alba probably had something to do with that.

Personally, the more I see of this movie, the more I think I may like it. It may not synch up perfectly with the comics, but that isn't real important to me. They're separate things for me.
    Good to know that be treated "lesser" is equal to being sluttly to you. At least now I understand why we have difference of opinion going on.
    Last edited by Trident; 02-26-2015 at 08:30 PM.

Invincible Member

Just wanted to leave this here:http://collider.com/fantastic-four-details-josh-trank/

Josh Trank believes one of the versions of Sue Storm is "Slutty Secratary" . So glad as couture we have moved passed referring to women, even fictional, as such.

I was at least going to try this movie for Micheal B. But I'm offically out!
    I not sure if he really believes that as much as he's mocking the source material. Like, "Yeah, our Sue is better than what you got in those little funny books."

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by SickAlice View Post
    @Trident: I think you misread my post or didn't understand it. It was a 1+1=2 statement, there rest you interjected wasn't present nor alluded to.
    I understood it just fine. I just didn't agree with you math fully.

NOELLE STEVENSON REVIVES MARVEL'S "RUNAWAYS" DURING "SECRET WARS"
    http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...ng-secret-wars

Looks like a very diverse line-up. Bucky, Cloak and Dagger, Jubilee, a new character named Sanna, Amadeus Cho, Skaar, and Valeria Richards will be part of the team.

I think that Marvel has a huge opportunity to intro LGBT characters on their Netflix series and on Agents of SHIELD. I think that some of the existing characters on AoS are prime candidates to be bisexual like May or Ward.

BANNED

I think that Marvel has a huge opportunity to intro LGBT characters on their Netflix series and on Agents of SHIELD. I think that some of the existing characters on AoS are prime candidates to be bisexual like May or Ward.
    I actually was thinking that May was already bi-sexual with some of her interactions with the women on the show. I also thought the villain inhuman, who's name I can never remember, is possibly gay. I have only seen the first season and part of the second so I'm not sure if she ever had a relationship with the male in the show.

I actually was thinking that May was already bi-sexual with some of her interactions with the women on the show. I also thought the villain inhuman, who's name I can never remember, is possibly gay. I have only seen the first season and part of the second so I'm not sure if she ever had a relationship with the male in the show.
    The villain Inhuman? Are you talking about Raina? I don't remember a female Inhuman villain right off hand. I can definitely get a feel that May and Ward could have had same-sex relationships in their past. I could see May and Victoria Hand having a brief fling.

BANNED

The villain Inhuman? Are you talking about Raina? I don't remember a female Inhuman villain right off hand. I can definitely get a feel that May and Ward could have had same-sex relationships in their past. I could see May and Victoria Hand having a brief fling.
    Yes! Raina.

She just seems to me like she could possibly be a lesbian but if not whatever. Just thought that it might be the case.

Astonishing Member Darkspellmaster's Avatar

Ward, yes I can actually see that with him, and May, maybe...I'm not a hundred percent sure. They killed Victoria Hand off way to early for me and she was gay wasn't she?

Quote Originally Posted by Darkspellmaster View Post
    Ward, yes I can actually see that with him, and May, maybe...I'm not a hundred percent sure. They killed Victoria Hand off way to early for me and she was gay wasn't she?
    In the comics I think it was implied that she was. I don't recall if it was implicitly stated.