Page 249 of 271 FirstFirst ... 149199239245246247248249250251252253259 ... LastLast
Results 3,721 to 3,735 of 4057
    Ultimate Member

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...p-lana-condor/

-----

“YOUNG MUTANT POWER: MEET X-MEN: APOCALYPSE’S ALEXANDRA SHIPP & LANA CONDOR”

“Alexandra Shipp was convinced she had no chance. Last year, when the actress auditioned for director Bryan Singer’s X-Men: Apocalypse, she thought she’d go home empty-handed. “It was stressful and scary and rough, but I was living on Top Ramen at the time so I made myself go so I could at least steal all the muffins,” she explains over iced coffee and a muffin at an L.A. café. “Desperate times.”

But the 25-year-old from Phoenix — who previously starred in Aaliyah: Princess of R&B as the late singer and appeared in last year’s Straight Outta Compton — did far more than carb-load that day. She snagged the part of Ororo Munroe, a petty thief from Cairo whose ability to manipulate the weather attracts the attention of the big baddie Apocalypse (Oscar Isaac), who brings her into his evil fold as a white-mohawked havoc-wreaker named Storm.

“I found out I got the job via Tweet. My manager and agent called me at the same time — which is either really good, really bad, or someone died — and told me to go to Bryan’s Twitter page. There it was, him welcoming the new mutants. I just stared at that for, like, 10 minutes, making sure it was me.”

Shipp still can’t quite get over that she gets to play the younger version of a character originated by Halle Berry in the first four X-Men films. “It’s so flattering to be the O.G. Halle,” Shipp says. “Someone is saying I look enough like that gorgeous woman to play a younger version? Oh my God. I love Halle. I want to know how she smells. But also, when I first moved out to L.A. at 17, my mom said, ‘Pick an actress who has the type of career that you want. Don’t do exactly what they did, but use them as a roadmap.’

For me, it was Halle, the first woman of color to win a lead female Oscar…”

http://www.refinery29.com/2016/05/11...men-apocalypse

Ultimate Member

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...-main-villain/

-----

“CATE BLANCHETT JOINS CAST OF ‘THOR: RAGNOROK’ AS MAIN VILLAIN”

“Cate Blanchett has joined the cast of the next Thor film, titled Thor: Ragnarok.

The Australian actress, a two-time Oscar winner for The Aviator and Blue Jasmine, will play a “powerful new villain” called Hela, described in the comics as the Asgardian goddess of death.

The news of Blanchett’s casting in the role of a lead villain comes just days after Iron Man 3 screenwriter Shane Black claimed that Marvel barred him and co-writer Drew Pearce from making the film’s villain female, in a bid to sell more action figures.

Black told Uproxx: “We had a female character who was the villain in the draft. We had finished the script and we were given a no-holds-barred memo saying that cannot stand and we’ve changed our minds because, after consulting, we’ve decided that toy won’t sell as well if it’s a female.”

Jurassic Park and Independence Day star Jeff Goldblum has also joined the cast as the “eccentric” Grandmaster, an ancient and supernatural character with mysterious powers.

Other new cast members are Tessa Thompson (Creed, Selma), who will play Valkyrie, and Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings, Star Trek) who plays Skurge. They join a cast that includes Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Sir Anthony Hopkins as Odin.

The film is set for release on November 3, 2017. It follows on from 2011’s Thor and 2013’s Thor: The Dark World, both of which also starred Hemsworth and Hiddleston.”

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/ca...3fXev261WQJ.99

Ultimate Member

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...-ragnarok-too/

-----

“EXPECT LADY SIF AND THE WARRIORS THREE IN THOR: RAGNAROK TOO”

“They were noticeably absent from today’s press release from Marvel Studios that unveiled the main cast and characters returning or being introduced in Thor: Ragnarok, but you should still expect to see Lady Sif and the Warriors Three together again next year.

The four supporting characters played by Jaimie Alexander, Zachary Levi (Fandral), Ray Stevenson (Volstagg), and Tadanobu Asano (Hogun), respectively, are the most loyal of friends and battlefield allies to Thor. And when prodded about the absence of Sif in the Thor 3 cast announcement, Alexander immediately told her fans, “don’t worry.” So don’t.

It’s odd that if these characters were to return that they’d not be mentioned by Marvel but it’s not uncommon in Marvel press releases where for every single movie (including Doctor Strange most recently), certain supporting characters were confirmed later (in that case, Benedict Wong). It’s possible they’re being saved for another, separate announcement alongside more concept/character art.

Below is a key frame from Thor: Ragnarokthat coupled today’s news for instance – news that focused on the main returning characters, but even moreso on the four key additions (Cate Blanchett, Jeff Goldblum, Tessa Thompson, and Karl Urban)…”

http://screenrant.com/thor-ragnarok-sif-warriors-three/

Ultimate Member

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...ed-on-netflix/

-----

“[RUMORS] NETFLIX: BLADE, MOON KNIGHT & GHOST RIDER SERIES TO BE CREATED ON NETFLIX”

“Netflix is one of the largest television series releasing platforms in the world. The platform has already taken over Marvel character series like ‘Daredevil’ and other hit series like ‘Orange is the New Black.’

We revealed that Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ series may be going to the platform after we also revealed that ABC had canceled the show. Now, we reveal that Netflix will be adding three more comic book characters to their line-up in the form of series.

Our sources have revealed that Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight are lined-up to join Netflix. It is believed that the series is currently on the table and Netflix are growing ever closer to approving and picking who they want to helm the projects or bring them to life.

Out of all the three characters, Blade was the only to be brought from film ( Played by Wesley Snipes) and later moved to television (Played by rapper Sticky Fingaz). It should be noted that the show itself didn’t last that long.

The three comic book characters will join the likes of Punisher, who is played by the Walking Dead’s Jon Bernthal. Another comic book character, Ghost Rider, was brought to life with the help of actor Nicholas Cage, who portrayed Johnny Blaze’s version of the Rider. The film series had fallen apart with the last film titled ‘Ghostrider: Spirit of Vengeance’ after the success of its first exceptionally written and put together film simply known as ‘Ghost Rider’…

Nevertheless, nothing else has currently been revealed about the TV or new Netflix series. However, you can stay updated with us as more info is revealed.”

http://moviecreedlive.com/entertainm...night-netflix/

Ultimate Member

https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...en-spin-off-2/

-----

"'THE NEW MUTANTS’: WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR ABOUT THE ‘X-MEN’ SPIN-OFF”

“Last year, Fox revealed plans to expand its X-Men universe with The New Mutants. Now, director Josh Boone is dropping hints about what fans can expect to see from the franchise’s latest spin-off.

As previously revealed, The New Mutants will be a standalone spin-off, based on the series that first entered the X-Men Comics universe in the early 1980s. Created by Chris Claremont and BobMcLeod, the comic was the first ever X-Men spinoff. The series centered on a second generation of mutants, who attended classes at Charles Xavier’s school and also trained to one day become full-fledged X-Men at night. It followed the young group as they not only dealt with typical angsty teenage problems (like crushes, heartbreak, and homework), but also came to terms with their powers and encountered their own adventures – ones that involved everything from alien invaders to teleportation mishaps.

Since the initial announcement, both Boone and Fox have remained tight-lipped about exactly which New Mutant characters will appear in the movie. But now, Boone is seemingly confirming which of the young mutants will be a part of the film’s lineup. The director took to social media to make the big reveal, posting images of the different team members, including: sorceress Magik; transforming werewolf Wolfsbane; Dani Moonstar also known as the mind-reading Mirage; the flying Cannonball; the shape-shifting, size-changing Warlock and Sunspot, who absorbs solar radiation.

As fans have pointed out already, the team is pretty much the same as the original New Mutants group, although it swaps original leader Karma for Magik. But the hints didn’t end there. Boone also posted a photo of the alien shiftshaper Warlock, who first appeared in New Mutants #18. So it looks like the comedic character could also be joining the lineup in the movie. The roles have yet to be cast, so fans will have to stay tuned for more details, but it’s clear the film is gradually starting to take shape…”

http://www.cheatsheet.com/entertainm...spin-off.html/

Quote Originally Posted by aja_christopher View Post
    https://illuminamagazine.wordpress.c...-main-villain/

-----

“CATE BLANCHETT JOINS CAST OF ‘THOR: RAGNOROK’ AS MAIN VILLAIN”

“Cate Blanchett has joined the cast of the next Thor film, titled Thor: Ragnarok.

The Australian actress, a two-time Oscar winner for The Aviator and Blue Jasmine, will play a “powerful new villain” called Hela, described in the comics as the Asgardian goddess of death.

The news of Blanchett’s casting in the role of a lead villain comes just days after Iron Man 3 screenwriter Shane Black claimed that Marvel barred him and co-writer Drew Pearce from making the film’s villain female, in a bid to sell more action figures.

Black told Uproxx: “We had a female character who was the villain in the draft. We had finished the script and we were given a no-holds-barred memo saying that cannot stand and we’ve changed our minds because, after consulting, we’ve decided that toy won’t sell as well if it’s a female.”

Jurassic Park and Independence Day star Jeff Goldblum has also joined the cast as the “eccentric” Grandmaster, an ancient and supernatural character with mysterious powers.

Other new cast members are Tessa Thompson (Creed, Selma), who will play Valkyrie, and Karl Urban (Lord of the Rings, Star Trek) who plays Skurge. They join a cast that includes Chris Hemsworth as Thor, Tom Hiddleston as Loki, Mark Ruffalo as Hulk and Sir Anthony Hopkins as Odin.

The film is set for release on November 3, 2017. It follows on from 2011’s Thor and 2013’s Thor: The Dark World, both of which also starred Hemsworth and Hiddleston.”

http://www.nme.com/filmandtv/news/ca...3fXev261WQJ.99
    So so so so SOOOOOOOO happy about this!!! I adore her, and she makes the best villains (Hanna, Cinderella).
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

Fantastic Member

-----

“[RUMORS] NETFLIX: BLADE, MOON KNIGHT & GHOST RIDER SERIES TO BE CREATED ON NETFLIX”

“Netflix is one of the largest television series releasing platforms in the world. The platform has already taken over Marvel character series like ‘Daredevil’ and other hit series like ‘Orange is the New Black.’

We revealed that Marvel’s ‘Agent Carter’ series may be going to the platform after we also revealed that ABC had canceled the show. Now, we reveal that Netflix will be adding three more comic book characters to their line-up in the form of series.

Our sources have revealed that Blade, Ghost Rider, and Moon Knight are lined-up to join Netflix. It is believed that the series is currently on the table and Netflix are growing ever closer to approving and picking who they want to helm the projects or bring them to life.

Out of all the three characters, Blade was the only to be brought from film ( Played by Wesley Snipes) and later moved to television (Played by rapper Sticky Fingaz). It should be noted that the show itself didn’t last that long.

The three comic book characters will join the likes of Punisher, who is played by the Walking Dead’s Jon Bernthal. Another comic book character, Ghost Rider, was brought to life with the help of actor Nicholas Cage, who portrayed Johnny Blaze’s version of the Rider. The film series had fallen apart with the last film titled ‘Ghostrider: Spirit of Vengeance’ after the success of its first exceptionally written and put together film simply known as ‘Ghost Rider’…

Nevertheless, nothing else has currently been revealed about the TV or new Netflix series. However, you can stay updated with us as more info is revealed.”

I'm so here for a Blade Netflix series! And if we do get a Ghost Rider show, what are the chances of it revolving around Robbie Reyes?

Quote Originally Posted by BradleyFan View Post
    I'm so here for a Blade Netflix series! And if we do get a Ghost Rider show, what are the chances of it revolving around Robbie Reyes?
    It should absolutely be Robbie. 100%. Johnny Blade is an outdated, irrelevant character. Robbie is a fantastic character with a better story and who's very much relevant.

Quote Originally Posted by Tiamatty View Post
    It should absolutely be Robbie. 100%. Johnny Blade is an outdated, irrelevant character. Robbie is a fantastic character with a better story and who's very much relevant.
    QUOTED FOR TRUTH! Though the series better keep his f*cking awesome hair (still mad about that )
    "We are Shakespeare. We are Michelangelo. We are Tchaikovsky. We are Turing. We are Mercury. We are Wilde. We are Lincoln, Lorca, Leonardo da Vinci. We are Alexander the Great. We are Fredrick the Great. We are Rustin. We are Addams. We are Marsha! Marsha Marsha Marsha! We so generous, we DeGeneres. We are Ziggy Stardust hooked to the silver screen. Controversially we are Malcolm X. We are Plato. We are Aristotle. We are RuPaul, god dammit! And yes, we are Woolf."

I want blade's daughter to turn up. I want a black buffy with blade as giles

Quote Originally Posted by Silvermoth View Post
    I want blade's daughter to turn up. I want a black buffy with blade as giles
    Blade as Giles, complete with English accent because everyone always forgets that Blade is English! He was born and raised in London.

Extraordinary Member

Blade as Giles, complete with English accent because everyone always forgets that Blade is English! He was born and raised in London.
    I have to correct you on this.
    Blade is british but not English,but as for your other comment,you are right.
    Many Folks do not realize comic blade is from europe(britain),not america.
    Last edited by mace11; 05-28-2016 at 11:23 PM.

Extraordinary Member

REPORT: Miles Morales Will Be the Star of Sony's Animated "Spider-Man" Film

Miles Morales also got animated for Disney XD's "Ultimate Spider-Man" series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...pider-man-film

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    I have to correct you on this.
    Blade is british but not English,but as for your other comment,you are right.
    Many Folks do not realize comic blade is from europe(britain),not america.
    Yeah they totally need to get a British blade this time. That would be pretty hot. Maybe David Harewood? No wait, Adrien Lester! Oh my gosh yes!

Quote Originally Posted by mace11 View Post
    REPORT: Miles Morales Will Be the Star of Sony's Animated "Spider-Man" Film

Miles Morales also got animated for Disney XD's "Ultimate Spider-Man" series.

http://www.comicbookresources.com/ar...pider-man-film
    Superb idea

-----

Marvel and Netflix seems to be the perfect marriage.